or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread - Page 99

post #1471 of 1557

Selling my private collection.  Hate to do it, but it's time. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140949872577?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

 

 

1000

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #1472 of 1557

And my favorite.  

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140949878193?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

 

 

1000

post #1473 of 1557
Kaneda, awesome pieces, a bit out of my price range, but definitely cool pieces. Otherwise I'd be your first buyer!

Anyway, good luck!
post #1474 of 1557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

Kaneda, awesome pieces, a bit out of my price range, but definitely cool pieces. Otherwise I'd be your first buyer!

Anyway, good luck!

 

Out of my price range too but certainly some nice pieces.

 

As an aside, in the next few weeks I'm hoping to put up a list of my own Rugby pieces that I will be parting with. Although not with as much markup as some of the many ebay listings.

post #1475 of 1557

Good read:

http://www.lairdmackintosh.com/the-sad-end-of-rugby-ralph-lauren/

 

The Haberdashery shop looked awesome:

http://www.unabashedlyprep.com/site/entry/rugby-haberdashery-shop/

 

They should have focused on Tailored clothing instead of Rugby shirts, kid stuff and patchwork jeans. I really wish Rugby was marketed towards 30 year olds, who want a more Rugged apparel than Polo but can't afford RRL.

post #1476 of 1557
dont be sad. rugby may be gone but RL being the greatest menswear brand in the world will turn more attnetion to other labels. Like denim and supply. foo.gif

but RRL is still my go-to guy.
post #1477 of 1557
dont be sad. rugby may be gone but RL being the greatest menswear brand in the world will turn more attnetion to other labels. Like denim and supply. foo.gif

but RRL is still my go-to guy.
post #1478 of 1557
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I am in Hong Kong now and have found veritable treasure trove of rugby stuff.

I was in the official RL factory outlet in Tung Chung near the airport. This is one of the few RL outlets in Asia, and I found it absolutely loaded with Rugby stuff: polos, belts, shirts, chinos, the odd purse, some blazers with the crossed tennis racquets, t-shirts, etc. I was shocked to see such a huge stock still extant. And anything being purchased was replenished from the store room! This wasn't the odd shirt either, this was 25 pairs of skull chinos available in all sizes. Everything had a perfectly adequate selection of sizes available.

So I began to wonder....could this really be the collective stock of Japan being unloaded in HK? As far as I know, the brand wasn't sold in HK. I leave this question to the scholars of RL.

In short, what gives?
post #1479 of 1557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelorn View Post

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I am in Hong Kong now and have found veritable treasure trove of rugby stuff.

I was in the official RL factory outlet in Tung Chung near the airport. This is one of the few RL outlets in Asia, and I found it absolutely loaded with Rugby stuff: polos, belts, shirts, chinos, the odd purse, some blazers with the crossed tennis racquets, t-shirts, etc. I was shocked to see such a huge stock still extant. And anything being purchased was replenished from the store room! This wasn't the odd shirt either, this was 25 pairs of skull chinos available in all sizes. Everything had a perfectly adequate selection of sizes available.

So I began to wonder....could this really be the collective stock of Japan being unloaded in HK? As far as I know, the brand wasn't sold in HK. I leave this question to the scholars of RL.

In short, what gives?

Did you find any of these by any chance?
 

 CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 95

 


I'll pay you if you were willing to buy one of these and forward it to me, given of course the price isn't exorbitant

post #1480 of 1557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelorn View Post

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I am in Hong Kong now and have found veritable treasure trove of rugby stuff.

I was in the official RL factory outlet in Tung Chung near the airport. This is one of the few RL outlets in Asia, and I found it absolutely loaded with Rugby stuff: polos, belts, shirts, chinos, the odd purse, some blazers with the crossed tennis racquets, t-shirts, etc. I was shocked to see such a huge stock still extant. And anything being purchased was replenished from the store room! This wasn't the odd shirt either, this was 25 pairs of skull chinos available in all sizes. Everything had a perfectly adequate selection of sizes available.

So I began to wonder....could this really be the collective stock of Japan being unloaded in HK? As far as I know, the brand wasn't sold in HK. I leave this question to the scholars of RL.

In short, what gives?

That has to be stock from Japan, I know someone who still gets some stuff from Rugby here and there. Surprised they don't just throw it all online for people to buy.
post #1481 of 1557
Sorry, but I am leaving HK tomorrow morning. Also, there were no patches.

Prices were roughly $35 US for a shirt or $45 for the trousers. Blazers worked out to $100-120. Buying 5+ items conferred a 30% discount. The prices I have stated reflected that discount. Compared with some of rugby fire sales, these items weren't being given away, but they are still extremely cheap compared with what RL commands on the international market.


I am just surprised that the surplus from Japan (where I was under the impression that it was only a shop or two) could feed the HK outlet for *months* after shut-down and still offer an excellent selection, including some iconic items (such as a pair slippers for $285 or $200 with discount).
post #1482 of 1557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelorn View Post

Sorry, but I am leaving HK tomorrow morning. Also, there were no patches.

Prices were roughly $35 US for a shirt or $45 for the trousers. Blazers worked out to $100-120. Buying 5+ items conferred a 30% discount. The prices I have stated reflected that discount. Compared with some of rugby fire sales, these items weren't being given away, but they are still extremely cheap compared with what RL commands on the international market.


I am just surprised that the surplus from Japan (where I was under the impression that it was only a shop or two) could feed the HK outlet for *months* after shut-down and still offer an excellent selection, including some iconic items (such as a pair slippers for $285 or $200 with discount).

Was this slipper there in sz 9-10?

Rugby-Fox-Slippers.png
post #1483 of 1557
Nope. It was this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Lauren-Rugby-navy-blue-slippers-shoes-size-11-made-in-England-/290924795009

Today I am bound for Singapore. If I have a few free hours, I may hop over to Johor (45 minutes from central SIngapore, just over the Malaysian border) where there is one of the other RL outlet shops serving Asia.
post #1484 of 1557

Swung by a local Marshall's today, they still have some very limited SP13 stock floating around. Picked up Ellis jeans, a cream waffle-knit shirt, and a navy henley.

post #1485 of 1557

i live in Hong Kong...its true that Ruby here is for Japan market.  My source told me that Japan has its own sourcing/ design team and their stocks are always different than anyhwere else in the world.  oh by the way, Ruby line will soon be stopped.  RRL has decided to stop selling them soon.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread