Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBow Tiestagged by SYSTEM, 11/23/12
- categoryCardiganstagged by SYSTEM, 11/23/12
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandRalph Laurentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemRalph Lauren Blazertagged by SYSTEM, 11/23/12
- itemRalph Lauren Suittagged by SYSTEM, 11/23/12
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- pricedrop 5/11 - RLPL Dot Tie and RLBL Knit Tie Last post on 5/6/13 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- No wonder there are so many Ralph Lauren Polo fake shirts.... Last post on 11/1/12 at 12:14pm in Classic Menswear
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread - Page 95
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1412 of 15592/4/13 at 9:01pmpost #1413 of 15592/4/13 at 9:09pmpost #1414 of 15592/4/13 at 9:18pmpost #1415 of 15592/4/13 at 9:25pmpost #1416 of 15592/5/13 at 4:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Saturdays
I beg to differ, bought that exact coat for a friend for 140, and here it is unbought at $80.00, no one bidded: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rugby-3-Button-Tweed-Herringbone-blazer-36R-/330864692542?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Lf6XvqXQr7mHCSY9IUP%252FO0uO%252Fjw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
It's okay, but I wouldn't pay more than 150 for it.
I only said it was good as the other member was upset when I said it was rubbish. I paid under $200 for mine. Still a terrible buy. These are the items takes up your wardrobe space for no good reason. If I was in US I would've returned it.post #1417 of 15592/5/13 at 5:23am
It was nice knowing you Rugby .... I don't know what they're going to do with the Georgetown location, since Club Monaco closed there 2 years ago, but the full RL store is still on Wisconsin. Don't know if the DC crowd would buy into D&S, haven't seen much of any of it being sold around here.post #1418 of 15592/5/13 at 6:18amQuote:
Ahahahaha. No need to assuage me. I still think that if you need a cheapish tweed you could do a lot worse.post #1419 of 15592/5/13 at 9:33ampost #1420 of 15592/5/13 at 10:21amQuote:
Still though, I can't help but feel as if turning a Rugby store into a D&S is desecrating the corpse.post #1421 of 15592/5/13 at 1:07pmpost #1422 of 15592/5/13 at 1:43pmpost #1423 of 15592/5/13 at 2:19pmpost #1424 of 15592/5/13 at 5:38pmpost #1425 of 15592/5/13 at 6:02pm
It sounds to me that Rugby got killed because it cut into mainline PRL, RRL, RLBL and D&S too much, D&S is also cheap (comparatively) and very cheaply made/SHIT quality IMO, so the profit margins are bound to be higher than Rugby, which was well styled, and well made and also much higher priced than many mom's/dad's would be willing to spend on their children and too ridiculously branded to appeal to many of the older, self-sustained customers who would probably go for mainline PRL or RLBL, especially now that Rugby IS gone (= more profit). That's my thinking on the subject anyway. 'Tis a sad time indeed. Where the hell am I going to get perfectly fitting super slim OTR suits/SCs on the cheap that are also well made now, Suiting Gods??? Surely we aren't supposed to make do with that overpriced ludlow crap or the odd buttoning point of Cm, now are we?
Do you guys think the outlets are gonna be flooded with Rugby stuff that they had sitting in warehouses and never listed, or do you think most of it actually got sold off in the final weeks?
- Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 8 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 30 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 34 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?