or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Common Projects F/W 11-12
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Common Projects F/W 11-12 - Page 6

post #76 of 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by slack tide View Post


For some reason the washed leather feel really snug when you buy your normal CP size. I am sized perfectly at a 41 in achille lows and I remember the washed browns feeling really tight. I would say a good rule for the washed is if you're pushing your normal CP size in achilles, then go ahead and size up in washed. If you have a little bit of room in your achilles and aren't maxing out the length (edit; and width), stick with your normal size for washed. I think it is because the tongue is thicker than on the traditionals. In looking at the shoe it is important to the design, but a real pain in the ass when you've owned a lot of CP's and they throw that curve ball with no warning in the description. Maybe try swapping out the rounded laces for the normal flat laces if you have an extra set to reduce a smidget of extra pressure pushing down on the tongue and thus your foot. That may be a long shot though. Good luck.

I find 100% of the above to be spot-on advice, from first-hand experience.
post #77 of 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by ennui View Post


I find 100% of the above to be spot-on advice, from first-hand experience.

My washed felt tighter as well. I'm a 42 in CP with just about no room for wiggle. I actually broke my 42's in nicely. IMO the washed has a some more give in stretching. The gum sole seems to give more as does the washed leather. Mine broke in pretty quick in my normal CP size. I do recognize the extra tightness, though.
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
post #78 of 1634
I wear a 10 in US sizing, what size would I be in Achilles Vintage? 43?
post #79 of 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcwalter07 View Post

I wear a 10 in US sizing, what size would I be in Achilles Vintage? 43?

43, maybe a 42.

I wear a 11 in most sneakers, Chucks, Nike's, etc and am a 44 in CP's. I have one pair of CP's in a 43 and they are a bit tight. Not too short, but tight around the foot. Hope that helps.
post #80 of 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcwalter07 View Post

I wear a 10 in US sizing, what size would I be in Achilles Vintage? 43?

If you are a 10 in dress shoes and on a proper foot measuring device (Brannock), you are definitely a 43. If you are a 10 in sneakers such as Nike, you might be a 42.

I'm slightly over a 9 on the Brannock, I wear 9 in most dress shoes, 8.5 Alden Trubalance, 8.5 Wolverine 1K mile, 9 Converse Chucks - but the kicker is I'm a 10 in Nike Free and many other main stream trainers/sneakers.

A lot of people who have never bought shoes other than sneakers may think they are a bigger size than they actually are.

So, anyway, measure your foot, or take it from my sizing advice. If you are a true 10 measured, you are for sure a 43. No way anyone with feet bigger than mine could fit in a 42, and I'm a measured 9, if not slightly over. If you are a 10 in brands like Nike, you might be a 42.
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
post #81 of 1634
im a 9 trubalance & barrie last for alden and measure 9 on brannock and take the 42 in cp's
post #82 of 1634
Measured my feet and I am spot on US 10. Thanks for the help bros.
post #83 of 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSneaker View Post

If you are a 10 in sneakers such as Nike, you might be a 42.

I wear US sz10 on Nike's and 42 is big on me, quite big. I've yet to try 40/41 because they weren't available so my best guess is that 41 would fit best.
post #84 of 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post


I wear US sz10 on Nike's and 42 is big on me, quite big. I've yet to try 40/41 because they weren't available so my best guess is that 41 would fit best.

This seriously blows my mind. I'm a 10 in Nike and 42 in CP is tight at first if anything.
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
post #85 of 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcwalter07 View Post

Measured my feet and I am spot on US 10. Thanks for the help bros.

43 should be good.
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
post #86 of 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSneaker View Post


This seriously blows my mind. I'm a 10 in Nike and 42 in CP is tight at first if anything.

For real? I wear Us10's across the board for nike, I tried on the Achilles, there's a fair bit of room in the front. But then it COULD have been a 43.
post #87 of 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post


For real? I wear Us10's across the board for nike, I tried on the Achilles, there's a fair bit of room in the front. But then it COULD have been a 43.

Achilles run a bit long but always narrow. I have a bit of room in the front but not enough to feel too big for me...totally tight on the sides until they break in. I seriously can't imagine a 10 Nike being too small for a 42 CP.
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
post #88 of 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSneaker View Post


Achilles run a bit long but always narrow. I have a bit of room in the front but not enough to feel too big for me...totally tight on the sides until they break in. I seriously can't imagine a 10 Nike being too small for a 42 CP.

If it's narrow then my only explanation is that I'm Asian and have wider feet? Oh well must try again I suppose. Which pair do you have?
post #89 of 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post


If it's narrow then my only explanation is that I'm Asian and have wider feet? Oh well must try again I suppose. Which pair do you have?

Achilles low, achilles low vintage, achilles washed. Achilles washed runs slightly smaller. If you have really wide feet CP just might not be the brand for you.
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
post #90 of 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesta View Post

Hey,

A fucker on his bike just ruined my cp suede shoes this morning frown.gif
See the result : http://gyazo.com/d755bebe5b5c10cddaab88a055c53a19.png

How should I remove that tire stain? Should I go to a cleaner, a cobbler?
Cheers,

Result of the suede gum I used :

suede CPs
Phew, relieved.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Common Projects F/W 11-12