or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Common Projects F/W 11-12
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Common Projects F/W 11-12 - Page 106

post #1576 of 1633
Quote:
Originally Posted by linds_15 View Post

for me there something about hightop CPs that dont correspond well with my achilles low. all my achilles are a 44 and love em, achilles high 44 i had to part with since they didnt fit, and i tried on the bball in 44 and again just not a good fit. for me i find the high's have a wide slope going from the forefoot to the ankle, and thats where i find them to be way too big.

yep that's it exactly... like that for me as well. I still haven't figured out how to tweak the way I wear them to compensate for / de-emphasize the weirdness of the cut in the upper.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #1577 of 1633
^^only way i could wear the highs was to tie the top part extremely tight, looks bad when the bottom half is normal and the top is pulled so tightly together, im just stickign with the lows
post #1578 of 1633

If you want to get rid of them just let me know :)

post #1579 of 1633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post

Just got the burgundy shine derbies in the mail in a size 41. It's really not that shiny, not anywhere close to patent leather. Maybe just a bit shinier than regular dress shoe leather. Nice shape, looks decent. The "stormwelt construction" doesn't seem too refined in construction (not distressed, but not smooth or polished). Overall, I like 'em.
They fit a bit smaller than the usual CP shoes, though, hence....

Now I am not sure about my sizing. I own sneakers and a pair of the suede red brick sole dress shoes in the same size. The dress show is a bit shorter, but both are my correct size since the sneakers have a touch more room in the toe. Wondering if I would need a size up.

On another note, I recently picked up the warm grey premium achilles and must say, I really like them.
post #1580 of 1633

Achilles Mid Size = Achilles Low Size? (/Tournament/other Low CPs)

 

I heard they're longer?  

 

Also I feel you guys on the huge amount of space in the ankles for high tops on the CP sole, its like that for my W+H high tops too

post #1581 of 1633
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCrispy View Post

Achilles Mid Size = Achilles Low Size? (/Tournament/other Low CPs)

I heard they're longer?  

Also I feel you guys on the huge amount of space in the ankles for high tops on the CP sole, its like that for my W+H high tops too
they are not any longer, its the exact same sole.
post #1582 of 1633
So some smoothie fell on my black CP's today and I decided to clean them when I got home.

I used a can of Penguin Instant Sneaker Cleaner, I have had this same bottle for years, and I noticed that some of the black paint came off on my cloth. Does that mean I should not be cleaning them with this cleaner or is this normal?

Do you guys clean your shoes or just let them get dirty? Any recommendations for a cleaner?
post #1583 of 1633
^ check the ingredients. I'm not familiar with that product but I suspect it may have some kind of chemical/solvent in it. I always just use warm water and diluted dishwashing liquid and if the edges of the soles are dirty sometimes I've used an old toothbrush and toothpaste. always worked for me nod[1].gif

afterwards you can apply some leather conditioner if you're concerned about it getting dried out or anything
post #1584 of 1633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

^ check the ingredients. I'm not familiar with that product but I suspect it may have some kind of chemical/solvent in it. I always just use warm water and diluted dishwashing liquid and if the edges of the soles are dirty sometimes I've used an old toothbrush and toothpaste. always worked for me nod[1].gif

afterwards you can apply some leather conditioner if you're concerned about it getting dried out or anything

Thanks.

cool, fawk do I need to buy a new pair of black CP's now. frown.gif

I can't have them being one shade lighter and shiz.
post #1585 of 1633

^

If they were my size, would kop.  They'll probably sell within the day

post #1586 of 1633
just copped some bballs off ssense for 50 off, fuck im onto 4 pairs the last couple weeks
post #1587 of 1633

looks like we're in good company guys

http://i.imgur.com/2dDwU.jpg

post #1588 of 1633
Looks like I will never be buying rip-off Common Projects sneakers again.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


http://www.kentwang.com/shoes/sneaker-white.html

$95

Great deal if you have small feet. Else you will be waiting for spring like everyone else.
post #1589 of 1633
they look more like adidas rod laver than cp..
post #1590 of 1633
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroh View Post

Looks like I will never be buying rip-off Common Projects sneakers again. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

http://www.kentwang.com/shoes/sneaker-white.html
$95
Great deal if you have small feet. Else you will be waiting for spring like everyone else.

+1 icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
The price is a huge difference
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Common Projects F/W 11-12