Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Common Projects CP Desert Boot Suede Chukka Brown 41 Last post on 12/2/11 at 3:34pm in Marketplace
- Vans ripoff Common Projects on another level. Last post on 5/10/11 at 12:01am in Streetwear and Denim
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** Last post on Yesterday at 2:36 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Common Projects S/S 2010 Last post on 12/5/14 at 1:07pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WTB: Common Projects Achilles Low White Sz. 41 Last post on 9/14/13 at 2:18pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Common Projects F/W 11-12 - Page 87
Styleforum Top Picks
Yes, and also BBall (High top > Snow).
I would say you get cold very quickly in achilles without winter socks.
Rubber sole and leather is quite good against snow, but don't forget when coming home dry the outside of the shoes with a cloth and put some newspapper and shoetree to dry the inside.
However if it's really cold outside, I would recommend shoes with warn lining.
Little picture of the BBall to give you an idea of the depth of snow you can go into without the snow going on the leather.
My name is Olivier, collecting Common Projects since a while.
I just wanted to let you know I created a Pinterest Board with the list of the Common Projects FW 12-13 available.
I hope it is the most complete possible, with commentary for each model if New model / New Style / New color.
I may update it if I see new models
Please feel free to correct me if you can see any mistake or ping me if you see something missing
Happy to join this thread.
Not too sure about that..I have a pair of mall brand sneakers that survived winter fairly easily..and a lot of people wear Chucks (canvas) here in Canada during the winter LOL
But yea, definitely finding some boots for winter.
I wear 46 in CP Vintage Achilles, CP 5hole and Svensson's. but my Bball highs are a size 45. the outersole on the Bball highs is the same (32 cm) as my Vintage Achilles. So I'd say they fit bigger; they are kinda narrow though.
Yes you're totally right.
since its reboots I think in FW 11/12, the BBall have now contrast lining and a slightly new cut (if you look closely, the distance between the two line of stitches has been slightly reduced).
My point is the BBall are wrongly named
They are called BBall vintage, I guess because at the time it was re-introduction of the model.
However in the CP nomenclature, vintage refers to a bi-tone (or three tone for last season achilles vintage summer edition) model with suede leather.
Leather contrasted lining and contrasted rubber sole are the characteristics of Premium model.
Therefore the BBal should be called BBall Premium and not Vintage.
If you take care of them properly (using waterproof cream, and also dry same the moment you get home with a cloth for the outside, newspaper before shoetree for the outside), they will be ok and see numerous of winter.
However please remind that they are made of leather and therefor humidity are not their best friends.
I would recommend however put some winter socks, and wear mid or high CPs.
However the sole is fat enough to protect the leather while walking in a snow.
Please find below a picture with BBall (however same sole than achilles) to give you an idea of the depth of the snow
- Common Projects F/W 11-12
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 seconds ago
- › [CLOSED ] G. Inglese Cotton Pique L/S Polo Shirts - PRE-ORDERS 4 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 9 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 11 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 13 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...