Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Common Projects CP Desert Boot Suede Chukka Brown 41 Last post on 12/2/11 at 3:34pm in Buying and Selling
- Vans ripoff Common Projects on another level. Last post on 5/10/11 at 12:01am in Streetwear and Denim
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** Last post on Yesterday at 3:31 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Common Projects S/S 2010 Last post on 12/5/14 at 1:07pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WTB: Common Projects Achilles Low White Sz. 41 Last post on 9/14/13 at 2:18pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Common Projects F/W 11-12 - Page 87
Yes, and also BBall (High top > Snow).
I would say you get cold very quickly in achilles without winter socks.
Rubber sole and leather is quite good against snow, but don't forget when coming home dry the outside of the shoes with a cloth and put some newspapper and shoetree to dry the inside.
However if it's really cold outside, I would recommend shoes with warn lining.
Little picture of the BBall to give you an idea of the depth of snow you can go into without the snow going on the leather.
My name is Olivier, collecting Common Projects since a while.
I just wanted to let you know I created a Pinterest Board with the list of the Common Projects FW 12-13 available.
I hope it is the most complete possible, with commentary for each model if New model / New Style / New color.
I may update it if I see new models
Please feel free to correct me if you can see any mistake or ping me if you see something missing
Happy to join this thread.
Not too sure about that..I have a pair of mall brand sneakers that survived winter fairly easily..and a lot of people wear Chucks (canvas) here in Canada during the winter LOL
But yea, definitely finding some boots for winter.
I wear 46 in CP Vintage Achilles, CP 5hole and Svensson's. but my Bball highs are a size 45. the outersole on the Bball highs is the same (32 cm) as my Vintage Achilles. So I'd say they fit bigger; they are kinda narrow though.
Yes you're totally right.
since its reboots I think in FW 11/12, the BBall have now contrast lining and a slightly new cut (if you look closely, the distance between the two line of stitches has been slightly reduced).
My point is the BBall are wrongly named
They are called BBall vintage, I guess because at the time it was re-introduction of the model.
However in the CP nomenclature, vintage refers to a bi-tone (or three tone for last season achilles vintage summer edition) model with suede leather.
Leather contrasted lining and contrasted rubber sole are the characteristics of Premium model.
Therefore the BBal should be called BBall Premium and not Vintage.
If you take care of them properly (using waterproof cream, and also dry same the moment you get home with a cloth for the outside, newspaper before shoetree for the outside), they will be ok and see numerous of winter.
However please remind that they are made of leather and therefor humidity are not their best friends.
I would recommend however put some winter socks, and wear mid or high CPs.
However the sole is fat enough to protect the leather while walking in a snow.
Please find below a picture with BBall (however same sole than achilles) to give you an idea of the depth of the snow
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Omega Aqua Terra Co-Axial 42mm Gray Teak Dial 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › Lovely Robert Talbot for AO White sky blue dotted navy tie 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 15 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts