Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Common Projects CP Desert Boot Suede Chukka Brown 41 Last post on 12/2/11 at 3:34pm in Buying and Selling
- Vans ripoff Common Projects on another level. Last post on 5/10/11 at 12:01am in Streetwear and Denim
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** Last post on 8/26/16 at 3:27pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Common Projects S/S 2010 Last post on 12/5/14 at 1:07pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WTB: Common Projects Achilles Low White Sz. 41 Last post on 9/14/13 at 2:18pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Common Projects F/W 11-12 - Page 87
Yes, and also BBall (High top > Snow).
I would say you get cold very quickly in achilles without winter socks.
Rubber sole and leather is quite good against snow, but don't forget when coming home dry the outside of the shoes with a cloth and put some newspapper and shoetree to dry the inside.
However if it's really cold outside, I would recommend shoes with warn lining.
Little picture of the BBall to give you an idea of the depth of snow you can go into without the snow going on the leather.
My name is Olivier, collecting Common Projects since a while.
I just wanted to let you know I created a Pinterest Board with the list of the Common Projects FW 12-13 available.
I hope it is the most complete possible, with commentary for each model if New model / New Style / New color.
I may update it if I see new models
Please feel free to correct me if you can see any mistake or ping me if you see something missing
Happy to join this thread.
Not too sure about that..I have a pair of mall brand sneakers that survived winter fairly easily..and a lot of people wear Chucks (canvas) here in Canada during the winter LOL
But yea, definitely finding some boots for winter.
I wear 46 in CP Vintage Achilles, CP 5hole and Svensson's. but my Bball highs are a size 45. the outersole on the Bball highs is the same (32 cm) as my Vintage Achilles. So I'd say they fit bigger; they are kinda narrow though.
Yes you're totally right.
since its reboots I think in FW 11/12, the BBall have now contrast lining and a slightly new cut (if you look closely, the distance between the two line of stitches has been slightly reduced).
My point is the BBall are wrongly named
They are called BBall vintage, I guess because at the time it was re-introduction of the model.
However in the CP nomenclature, vintage refers to a bi-tone (or three tone for last season achilles vintage summer edition) model with suede leather.
Leather contrasted lining and contrasted rubber sole are the characteristics of Premium model.
Therefore the BBal should be called BBall Premium and not Vintage.
If you take care of them properly (using waterproof cream, and also dry same the moment you get home with a cloth for the outside, newspaper before shoetree for the outside), they will be ok and see numerous of winter.
However please remind that they are made of leather and therefor humidity are not their best friends.
I would recommend however put some winter socks, and wear mid or high CPs.
However the sole is fat enough to protect the leather while walking in a snow.
Please find below a picture with BBall (however same sole than achilles) to give you an idea of the depth of the snow
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What brand and model is this leather jacket? 6 minutes ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 6 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. 7 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 9 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 9 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding