Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Phineas Cole Suit - 38/32 Last post on 12/11/13 at 7:52am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Phineas Cole Suit - Blue Pinstripe 38 / 32 Last post on 6/4/13 at 10:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Paul Stuart expands and relocates their shoe department Last post on 7/21/14 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- PHINEAS COLE - Blue Super 110s Wool Suit - 38 / 32 Last post on 7/19/13 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Phineas Cole - Houndstooth Plaid Wool Suit - 38 Last post on 3/31/13 at 1:28pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Paul Stuart Phineas Cole fall 2011--Styleforum visit to the showroom - Page 2post #16 of 477/27/11 at 7:01ampost #17 of 477/27/11 at 9:18ampost #18 of 477/27/11 at 1:05pmpost #19 of 477/27/11 at 4:39pmpost #20 of 477/27/11 at 5:06pmI would love to have the Phineas line w/o hacking pocket as an option. For the SB suit/jacket it makes sense, most of the time, but definitely not for the DB suit (then they add a ticket pocket to it as well). I like Paul Stuart in general, especially when compare to BB which is only a few blocks up in NYC. I wish there are more retail location for PS as well though.post #21 of 477/27/11 at 5:09pm
I guess it depends on where you are, their retail presence is extremely limited... I actually think they can do all right in UK, looks a lot better than Dunhill in my opinion, though it would be kind ironic in UK I suppose (British inspired but american managed, italy/canada made).post #22 of 477/28/11 at 1:23pmpost #23 of 477/28/11 at 2:26pmpost #24 of 477/28/11 at 3:03pmpost #25 of 477/28/11 at 6:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by clee1982
I would love to have the Phineas line w/o hacking pocket as an option. For the SB suit/jacket it makes sense, most of the time, but definitely not for the DB suit (then they add a ticket pocket to it as well). I like Paul Stuart in general, especially when compare to BB which is only a few blocks up in NYC. I wish there are more retail location for PS as well though.
PS on 45th is just one block up from BB on 44th.
You can get Phineas Cole made to measure upstairs in the mtm/custom department.
I'm sure they can accommodate you.post #26 of 477/28/11 at 11:53pmQuote:
haha memory is off then, guess I will see how much they up charge for MTM option then...post #27 of 477/29/11 at 7:30amQuote:
In the first few years of production there were plenty of more traditonal configurations available and i bought many of them. That is no longer the case.
I have spoken at length with Ralph about the peak lapels and hacking pockets on everything and his perpspective is that these style details are what differentiate Phineas from the other PS offerings. He is not backing off and that limits the appeal of the line for me.
As for MTM, they did not offer it last year but did the year before and will be again. I ordered two triple patch pocket sport coats and three pairs of trousers that go round and was very happy with the results, though be prepared to pay an upcharge for Phineas MTM.post #28 of 477/29/11 at 7:59amIt may not be Ralph's favorite thing, but up in MTM you can get PC in a notch lapel coat without hacking pockets. There is such a PC coat model. You could even order it in a stock size in one of the current PC fabrics, if they still have yardage.
Just call MTM and ask, then make an appointment to visit.post #29 of 477/29/11 at 11:16amThread Starter
I had a reference in there to the clothing seeming like a good fit for "Raleigh St. Claire after a couple of successful books on Heinsbergen" (name checking Bill Murray's character in The Royal Tenenbaums), but I took it out because Raleigh's a little down on his luck and the clothing in Phineas Cole is, well, expensive. Just wasn't a perfect allusion.
Doing research for another piece we'll have up soon, on Vahram Mateosian and Mr. Ned, and discovered that the purple turtleneck Murray wears in the film is, in fact, from Paul Stuart.post #30 of 477/31/11 at 7:37pm
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › flannel trousers 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 10 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 20 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 22 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 28 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 31 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 36 minutes ago
- › MTO/ Bespoke shoe plans for 2015? 41 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...