Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Phineas Cole Suit - 38/32 Last post on 12/11/13 at 7:52am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Phineas Cole Suit - Blue Pinstripe 38 / 32 Last post on 6/4/13 at 10:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Paul Stuart expands and relocates their shoe department Last post on 7/21/14 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- PHINEAS COLE - Blue Super 110s Wool Suit - 38 / 32 Last post on 7/19/13 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Phineas Cole - Houndstooth Plaid Wool Suit - 38 Last post on 3/31/13 at 1:28pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Paul Stuart Phineas Cole fall 2011--Styleforum visit to the showroom - Page 2post #16 of 477/27/11 at 7:01am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 477/27/11 at 9:18ampost #18 of 477/27/11 at 1:05pmpost #19 of 477/27/11 at 4:39pmpost #20 of 477/27/11 at 5:06pmI would love to have the Phineas line w/o hacking pocket as an option. For the SB suit/jacket it makes sense, most of the time, but definitely not for the DB suit (then they add a ticket pocket to it as well). I like Paul Stuart in general, especially when compare to BB which is only a few blocks up in NYC. I wish there are more retail location for PS as well though.post #21 of 477/27/11 at 5:09pm
I guess it depends on where you are, their retail presence is extremely limited... I actually think they can do all right in UK, looks a lot better than Dunhill in my opinion, though it would be kind ironic in UK I suppose (British inspired but american managed, italy/canada made).post #22 of 477/28/11 at 1:23pmpost #23 of 477/28/11 at 2:26pmpost #24 of 477/28/11 at 3:03pmpost #25 of 477/28/11 at 6:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by clee1982
I would love to have the Phineas line w/o hacking pocket as an option. For the SB suit/jacket it makes sense, most of the time, but definitely not for the DB suit (then they add a ticket pocket to it as well). I like Paul Stuart in general, especially when compare to BB which is only a few blocks up in NYC. I wish there are more retail location for PS as well though.
PS on 45th is just one block up from BB on 44th.
You can get Phineas Cole made to measure upstairs in the mtm/custom department.
I'm sure they can accommodate you.post #26 of 477/28/11 at 11:53pmQuote:
haha memory is off then, guess I will see how much they up charge for MTM option then...post #27 of 477/29/11 at 7:30amQuote:
In the first few years of production there were plenty of more traditonal configurations available and i bought many of them. That is no longer the case.
I have spoken at length with Ralph about the peak lapels and hacking pockets on everything and his perpspective is that these style details are what differentiate Phineas from the other PS offerings. He is not backing off and that limits the appeal of the line for me.
As for MTM, they did not offer it last year but did the year before and will be again. I ordered two triple patch pocket sport coats and three pairs of trousers that go round and was very happy with the results, though be prepared to pay an upcharge for Phineas MTM.post #28 of 477/29/11 at 7:59amIt may not be Ralph's favorite thing, but up in MTM you can get PC in a notch lapel coat without hacking pockets. There is such a PC coat model. You could even order it in a stock size in one of the current PC fabrics, if they still have yardage.
Just call MTM and ask, then make an appointment to visit.post #29 of 477/29/11 at 11:16amThread Starter
I had a reference in there to the clothing seeming like a good fit for "Raleigh St. Claire after a couple of successful books on Heinsbergen" (name checking Bill Murray's character in The Royal Tenenbaums), but I took it out because Raleigh's a little down on his luck and the clothing in Phineas Cole is, well, expensive. Just wasn't a perfect allusion.
Doing research for another piece we'll have up soon, on Vahram Mateosian and Mr. Ned, and discovered that the purple turtleneck Murray wears in the film is, in fact, from Paul Stuart.post #30 of 477/31/11 at 7:37pm
- Paul Stuart Phineas Cole fall 2011--Styleforum visit to the showroom
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 17 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 23 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 24 minutes ago
- › http://premiumpureforskolinrev.com/forskolin-fit-pro/ 26 minutes ago
- › What boots are these? 29 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...