Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Phineas Cole Suit - 38/32 Last post on 12/11/13 at 7:52am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Phineas Cole Suit - Blue Pinstripe 38 / 32 Last post on 6/4/13 at 10:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Paul Stuart expands and relocates their shoe department Last post on 7/21/14 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- PHINEAS COLE - Blue Super 110s Wool Suit - 38 / 32 Last post on 7/19/13 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Phineas Cole - Houndstooth Plaid Wool Suit - 38 Last post on 3/31/13 at 1:28pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Paul Stuart Phineas Cole fall 2011--Styleforum visit to the showroom - Page 2post #16 of 477/27/11 at 7:01am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 477/27/11 at 9:18ampost #18 of 477/27/11 at 1:05pmpost #19 of 477/27/11 at 4:39pmpost #20 of 477/27/11 at 5:06pmI would love to have the Phineas line w/o hacking pocket as an option. For the SB suit/jacket it makes sense, most of the time, but definitely not for the DB suit (then they add a ticket pocket to it as well). I like Paul Stuart in general, especially when compare to BB which is only a few blocks up in NYC. I wish there are more retail location for PS as well though.post #21 of 477/27/11 at 5:09pm
I guess it depends on where you are, their retail presence is extremely limited... I actually think they can do all right in UK, looks a lot better than Dunhill in my opinion, though it would be kind ironic in UK I suppose (British inspired but american managed, italy/canada made).post #22 of 477/28/11 at 1:23pmpost #23 of 477/28/11 at 2:26pmpost #24 of 477/28/11 at 3:03pmpost #25 of 477/28/11 at 6:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by clee1982
I would love to have the Phineas line w/o hacking pocket as an option. For the SB suit/jacket it makes sense, most of the time, but definitely not for the DB suit (then they add a ticket pocket to it as well). I like Paul Stuart in general, especially when compare to BB which is only a few blocks up in NYC. I wish there are more retail location for PS as well though.
PS on 45th is just one block up from BB on 44th.
You can get Phineas Cole made to measure upstairs in the mtm/custom department.
I'm sure they can accommodate you.post #26 of 477/28/11 at 11:53pmQuote:
haha memory is off then, guess I will see how much they up charge for MTM option then...post #27 of 477/29/11 at 7:30amQuote:
In the first few years of production there were plenty of more traditonal configurations available and i bought many of them. That is no longer the case.
I have spoken at length with Ralph about the peak lapels and hacking pockets on everything and his perpspective is that these style details are what differentiate Phineas from the other PS offerings. He is not backing off and that limits the appeal of the line for me.
As for MTM, they did not offer it last year but did the year before and will be again. I ordered two triple patch pocket sport coats and three pairs of trousers that go round and was very happy with the results, though be prepared to pay an upcharge for Phineas MTM.post #28 of 477/29/11 at 7:59amIt may not be Ralph's favorite thing, but up in MTM you can get PC in a notch lapel coat without hacking pockets. There is such a PC coat model. You could even order it in a stock size in one of the current PC fabrics, if they still have yardage.
Just call MTM and ask, then make an appointment to visit.post #29 of 477/29/11 at 11:16amThread Starter
I had a reference in there to the clothing seeming like a good fit for "Raleigh St. Claire after a couple of successful books on Heinsbergen" (name checking Bill Murray's character in The Royal Tenenbaums), but I took it out because Raleigh's a little down on his luck and the clothing in Phineas Cole is, well, expensive. Just wasn't a perfect allusion.
Doing research for another piece we'll have up soon, on Vahram Mateosian and Mr. Ned, and discovered that the purple turtleneck Murray wears in the film is, in fact, from Paul Stuart.post #30 of 477/31/11 at 7:37pm
- Paul Stuart Phineas Cole fall 2011--Styleforum visit to the showroom
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › things that are making you happy 21 seconds ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 13 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 16 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 28 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...