or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › New Forum Support  › Your problems are our problems
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your problems are our problems - Page 3  

post #31 of 48
Ever since SF has moved to a new system, my laptops start making occasional noice. I could be browsing and all of a sudden this wooshy noice starts and it is pretty weird. I thought it was my machine but when it happened on two different machines, I started thinking maybe it is the forum. Any thoughts?
post #32 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

Ever since SF has moved to a new system, my laptops start making occasional noice. I could be browsing and all of a sudden this wooshy noice starts and it is pretty weird. I thought it was my machine but when it happened on two different machines, I started thinking maybe it is the forum. Any thoughts?


Could be your fans spinning faster; the new site is seems far more CPU-intensive than the old one, so the fans are likely having to do more work to keep things chugging along without overheating. Mind you, I have a pretty ancient laptop and haven't noticed this effect all that much.

 

post #33 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

Ever since SF has moved to a new system, my laptops start making occasional noice. I could be browsing and all of a sudden this wooshy noice starts and it is pretty weird. I thought it was my machine but when it happened on two different machines, I started thinking maybe it is the forum. Any thoughts?

It happens on my laptop too. I usually just close Itunes or Ebay to calm her down.
post #34 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixichuk View Post

Been away for a while. I'm mostly B&S. Kind of a shock. Adjusted in about 10 minutes. Much easier to get around. Love that can search categories and not have to plow through a bunch of stuff I am not interested in.
Problem is when I click on a listing within category, and then hit back button, it takes me out of category and back to general sales, so I have to start all over again.
Great job, Thanks, Looking forward to exploring all the other forum categories.

Agree with Dixichuk. Really nice feature re the category search.
A couple of gripes though. Maybe I'm not doing something right but when clicking on an item in B&S classified on say page 4 then hitting the back button you're thrown back to page 1 and not page 4. Also from there it seems you can't again click on page 4 directly. It won't load. You've got to go to page 3 or 5 and hit the forward/back button. It's pretty frustrating. Another minor detail when generally browsing if you load the next page you're thrown to the bottom of the new page.
post #35 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygee View Post

Another minor detail when generally browsing if you load the next page you're thrown to the bottom of the new page.

This issue has been driving me crazy.
post #36 of 48
My apologies if this has already been covered (I did a search and didn't find anything):

The site doesn't function when I'm on my Blackberry. I can sometimes get to the SW&D landing page, but when I try to click on a thread, it takes a really long time to load, then the screen just goes grey and the scroll bar takes up the entirety of the scroll track (as though there was nowhere to scroll at all).

Seems weird.
post #37 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

My apologies if this has already been covered (I did a search and didn't find anything):

The site doesn't function when I'm on my Blackberry. I can sometimes get to the SW&D landing page, but when I try to click on a thread, it takes a really long time to load, then the screen just goes grey and the scroll bar takes up the entirety of the scroll track (as though there was nowhere to scroll at all).

Seems weird.

Hmmm... I don't have Blackberry, so I haven't seen this. I can say that the Tapatalk capabilities were upgraded today. Not sure if that is any consolation to you.
post #38 of 48
When I search in the classifieds, I get results returned in the reverse order of when they were originally posted (i.e. the thread that was started most recently will be the first search result). I would have thought that this should have been in order of most recently bumped. The current behavior seems to make bumps less effective. Can this be changed?
post #39 of 48
I don't know if this has been addressed already, so please excuse me if it's a repost. When I'm browsing through the classifieds, if I hit the back button, I'm always redirected to the first page of the classifieds. This happens if I'm on a specific page, or looking a particular classified. On a page I dont have a problem, because if I click non the number of the previous page, it'll redirect me there, but on a specific classified, there's no way of overriding this. Please help. This is very annoying.
post #40 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Yizz View Post

I don't know if this has been addressed already, so please excuse me if it's a repost. When I'm browsing through the classifieds, if I hit the back button, I'm always redirected to the first page of the classifieds. This happens if I'm on a specific page, or looking a particular classified. On a page I dont have a problem, because if I click non the number of the previous page, it'll redirect me there, but on a specific classified, there's no way of overriding this. Please help. This is very annoying.

I know. Very annoying. Unfortunately, that fix did not make it for yesterday's release, but it should be fixed for the next release, that comes out in about 2 weeks. Sorry about that.

Cheers,

Fok.
post #41 of 48
Great. Hope you'll be able to fix it. Thanks
post #42 of 48
For a second I thought the title read Your problems are our partners.

2624 people viewing Men's Clothing... 1106 active users. redx.gif
post #43 of 48

More of a suggestion than a problem:

 

It would be nice if the forum software notified you when someone "Thumbs Upped" a post of yours. Preferably by PM'ing you the post link, who liked your post, and what - if any - was the added 140 character comment. I don't know whether this can be implemented, but it would make the feature more useful by letting you keep track of your feedback.

post #44 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


I can say that the Tapatalk capabilities were upgraded today.

Apologies if this has already been noted, but in Tapatalk on my iPhone 4, I see no threads listed when I try to access the current B&S. Refresh/load more does nothing: "0 of 80,645 Topics Loaded." All the other SF forums load, including archive B&S.
post #45 of 48
Is anything being done about the B&S section? Its virtually useless to me without any kind of search option or other filters(size). Also every time i refresh or hit Back or Forward it resets itself.

Not to mention the fact that there's very few items on it and the few people that have bothered to put their items back up have raised the price..

http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/248216/doppelganger-brooklyn-jacket-fs-cheap
http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/255627/doppelganger-brooklyn-jacket-mint-cheap
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: New Forum Support
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › New Forum Support  › Your problems are our problems