or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 401

post #6001 of 6165
Sorry, late to the party, but what retailer is Stefan88 affiliated with? Seems to have a lot of positive feedback.
post #6002 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrv123 View Post

Sorry, late to the party, but what retailer is Stefan88 affiliated with? Seems to have a lot of positive feedback.

http://skomakerdagestad.no/
post #6003 of 6165
Just to clarify:

I use styleforum privately, and not for the store. However, if I get a pm asking questions, I will of course answer.
Shoes is a passion, and even if my main place of work is something very different, I still help out some, mainly taking care of international customers.
post #6004 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothnguyen View Post

Hi all,

I am going through the painful process of breaking in my St. C, and I am thinking that for my next pair, I will definitely get for myself a personalised last.

I was wondering if they are happy to relast my current pair to the new last. I have received mixed signals from my retailer and online regarding that.

Cheers

My first pair of StC needed almost zero break in, not a personalized last but got fitted by the fine crowd at @Skoaktiebolaget.  They suggested some fitting pieces on top of  a different size I would have ordered. Best fitting pair. 

post #6005 of 6165
My first pair of StC took a little longer than I expected to break in but now they are pretty damn comfortable. I did another order and instead of adding to the width adjustment, I just went to a wider width and that helped tremendously. I love my StC and my EG but since I feel like I have a good amount of EGs I will be investing in some StC.

I was thinking of doing a chelsea boot in a dark olive color and a chukka in a medium/light brown. I would wear these mostly with chinos, cotton trousers, and jeans for a smart look. Any thoughts or suggestions?
post #6006 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

My first pair of StC took a little longer than I expected to break in but now they are pretty damn comfortable. I did another order and instead of adding to the width adjustment, I just went to a wider width and that helped tremendously. I love my StC and my EG but since I feel like I have a good amount of EGs I will be investing in some StC.

I was thinking of doing a chelsea boot in a dark olive color and a chukka in a medium/light brown. I would wear these mostly with chinos, cotton trousers, and jeans for a smart look. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Personally I do love StC's CRU 5972 but I believe you already have a pair in this color right?



There are also some great suede options, and I think all of them are great but I'm particularly fond of JAN 077.


As for the Chukka, are you looking at suede or calf? CRU 606 is my favorite of the CRU brown hues (shown below together with KUD076).
post #6007 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

I was thinking of doing a chelsea boot in a dark olive color and a chukka in a medium/light brown. I would wear these mostly with chinos, cotton trousers, and jeans for a smart look. Any thoughts or suggestions?

 

As for the chukkas - among my most frequently worn pairs - very versatile:

 

Hosting provided by FotoTime 

post #6008 of 6165
Hey RogerP what size are you for Saint crispin vs GG? Also love jkob shoe shine job lol want me to send my shoes to him also lol
post #6009 of 6165

^^^ I wear 8.5G in St. C and 9F in G&G - both one width up from standard.  For these chukkas I also had some small last adjustments done and the fit is pretty dreamy.

post #6010 of 6165

Attention Saint C lovers! This eBay seller has several new pairs ending today at very low prices. Unfortunately none in my size.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-Saint-Crispins-Chocolate-Brown-Pebblegrain-Queens-Cap-Toe-Leather-Shoes-12-E-/311679570148?hash=item48918cd0e4:g:uawAAOSwtnpXmoao

post #6011 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmenco View Post

Attention Saint C lovers! This eBay seller has several new pairs ending today at very low prices. Unfortunately none in my size.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-Saint-Crispins-Chocolate-Brown-Pebblegrain-Queens-Cap-Toe-Leather-Shoes-12-E-/311679570148?hash=item48918cd0e4:g:uawAAOSwtnpXmoao

That's @SpooPoker...from our AV Luxeswap.
post #6012 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothnguyen View Post

Hi all,

I am going through the painful process of breaking in my St. C, and I am thinking that for my next pair, I will definitely get for myself a personalised last.

I was wondering if they are happy to relast my current pair to the new last. I have received mixed signals from my retailer and online regarding that.

Cheers

For those who get a personalised last, how does the ordering process work if you want to place an order with an online retailer?

post #6013 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Suave View Post

For those who get a personalised last, how does the ordering process work if you want to place an order with an online retailer?

You just tell there where you'd like material added/ subtracted, and how many millimeters.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90
post #6014 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Suave View Post

For those who get a personalised last, how does the ordering process work if you want to place an order with an online retailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

You just tell there where you'd like material added/ subtracted, and how many millimeters.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

I want to mention though, that if you are considering several StC pairs, it's usually more economical to get a personalised last. The fitting pieces are a recurring surcharge for every pair, but the personalised last is a one time surcharge.
post #6015 of 6165

Just to post the full picture: 

 

 

These are just starting points of where you may want to add or remove material. In my experience, I have a really wide forefoot but quite a narrow heel. For my own personal last, I had a lot of material removed at FIT 8, which helped for the back of the heel but only that. I didn't take into account that the area around the sides of my heel and ankles were also quite narrow and needed to be tapered inward substantially. 

 

I highly recommend ordering test shoes for your personal last, I'm regretting not getting a trial pair and then some. I personally think that the price of a personal last should be raised to include fitting shoes. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread