or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 398

post #5956 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solari View Post

I don't know guys they seem to fit me well and I had a couple of fittings already. It's supposed to be a customized last.

Leather wrinkles, excess wrinkles aren't inherently meaningful in terms of fit. While you're shoes look outside the "norm" of alot of photos, I don't think they look terrible nor do I think there's anything wrong with them. If they are comfortable and you feel the fit is good I wouldn't be too concerned.
post #5957 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post


Leather wrinkles, excess wrinkles aren't inherently meaningful in terms of fit. While you're shoes look outside the "norm" of alot of photos, I don't think they look terrible nor do I think there's anything wrong with them. If they are comfortable and you feel the fit is good I wouldn't be too concerned.


agreed

post #5958 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan88 View Post


agreed

Me too. Everyone is so used to seeing perfectly photographed box fresh shoes that has never been worn - we have to post more "in the wild" pics so people can get a better understanding for how shoes actually look after a few weeks, or better yet, years of wear.
post #5959 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


Me too. Everyone is so used to seeing perfectly photographed box fresh shoes that has never been worn - we have to post more "in the wild" pics so people can get a better understanding for how shoes actually look after a few weeks, or better yet, years of wear.


Indeed. Well used shoes with nice creases is extremely charming. I think many tend to buy too tight shoes too, in order to minimise them. I'll try to get a pic or two of some well worn shoes :D

post #5960 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solari View Post

Hi guys,

I just picked up my SCs today and am currently wearing them for the first time. I believe this is the model 575 derby in a burgundy VNA leather.

This is the first time I wear them and pretty much instantly they've picked up this very prominent creasing (see pics- 2 big horizontal creases on each shoe) Is this normal? I don't like it. Can anyone offer advice on how to reduce it or how it will change over time?

Thanks.





 

The crease closer to the tip of the toe is likely more a result of how your feet bends as you walk whereas the one closer to the laces is likely due to excess room around that area. The former is really unavoidable and tends to be more noticeable in split toes because it intersects the apron stitching. You could try tongue pads to minimize the amount of excess room to decrease further creasing. 

post #5961 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdes81 View Post


So nice, is the split toe done with a boar bristle reverse stitch?

it was stitched with my very own bristles...slight upcharge smile.gif. I have no idea to be honest.
post #5962 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solari View Post

Hi guys,

I just picked up my SCs today and am currently wearing them for the first time. I believe this is the model 575 derby in a burgundy VNA leather.

This is the first time I wear them and pretty much instantly they've picked up this very prominent creasing (see pics- 2 big horizontal creases on each shoe) Is this normal? I don't like it. Can anyone offer advice on how to reduce it or how it will change over time?

Thanks.

The vamp looks to have concaved, how much spare room do you have in the toebox area? My estimate is quite a bit. Tell us more.
post #5963 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherFoot View Post
 

 

The crease closer to the tip of the toe is likely more a result of how your feet bends as you walk whereas the one closer to the laces is likely due to excess room around that area. The former is really unavoidable and tends to be more noticeable in split toes because it intersects the apron stitching. You could try tongue pads to minimize the amount of excess room to decrease further creasing. 

+1

post #5964 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelvl View Post


The vamp looks to have concaved, how much spare room do you have in the toebox area? My estimate is quite a bit. Tell us more.

 

Do you mean above my toes or in front of my toes? i.e. spare height or length or width? Length and width I don't think I have much at all. Height is a possibility - I'll have to check.

post #5965 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Those are great. Mine just arrived at Skoak too...

Please post more pics once you receive them.  Beautiful shoes, congrats.

post #5966 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post
 

Please post more pics once you receive them.  Beautiful shoes, congrats.

 

Will do.  Thanks.

post #5967 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solari View Post

Do you mean above my toes or in front of my toes? i.e. spare height or length or width? Length and width I don't think I have much at all. Height is a possibility - I'll have to check.

I meant the area between the two creases, is there a lot of excess room there?
post #5968 of 6165

Here's a photo of my pair after 4 wears. These are on a personal last, and I think the creasing reflects the good fit. I put a bit of a shine on them last night as well. 

 

post #5969 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelvl View Post


I meant the area between the two creases, is there a lot of excess room there?

 

I wore them yesterday evening - no there really isn't much excess room if I'm honest!

post #5970 of 6165

 

 

 

 

 

The best part....the fit is so dang good.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread