Wait what did he do in it? Writing or acting ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:25 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 7:06 am in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Yesterday at 1:21 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 384post #5746 of 61176/10/16 at 3:35pmpost #5747 of 61176/10/16 at 4:05pmpost #5748 of 61176/10/16 at 4:35pmpost #5749 of 61176/10/16 at 6:31pmpost #5750 of 61176/10/16 at 6:32pmpost #5751 of 61176/10/16 at 6:35pmQuote:
Made a mistake as pointed out by @TtownMD. BCK is buck and kudu suede. StC has like 4 kinds of suedes if I remember correctly. Pretty sure one of the Skoak gents did an extensive post about it, comparing the softness, tightness, and length of the individual fibers.post #5752 of 61176/11/16 at 1:19ampost #5753 of 61176/11/16 at 1:23ampost #5754 of 61176/11/16 at 4:50amQuote:Originally Posted by rbhan12
Made a mistake as pointed out by @TtownMD. BCK is buck and kudu suede. StC has like 4 kinds of suedes if I remember correctly. Pretty sure one of the Skoak gents did an extensive post about it, comparing the softness, tightness, and length of the individual fibers.
yea I thought there was a post but i can't remember where it is.
What are the different types of leathers that St. C offers (non exotics) but please include the abbreviations too!
Thanks!post #5755 of 61176/11/16 at 4:51amQuote:
Love them!!!! Due to my narrow foot, Loafers don't really work for me, but i'd love that in a lace up with that same apron! great color combo!post #5756 of 61176/11/16 at 4:55ampost #5757 of 61176/11/16 at 9:31ampost #5758 of 61176/11/16 at 2:40pmpost #5759 of 61176/11/16 at 3:33pmpost #5760 of 61176/11/16 at 5:18pmQuote:
CRU: Crust leather, hand stained
VNA: Aniline calf. Feels a lot like Annonay, but I couldn't say for sure
INC: Grain leather (Inca). Rather strong, and stretches nicely over the toe to allow for a nice spitshine.
SHR: Hand stained crust grain leather (shrunken)
RUS: Russian calf/hatch grain
REV: Bovine leather. Waxed. Possible to have both reverse or grain side up.
BUF: embossed calf. Supple and nice.
KUD: softest suede from Saint Crispin's. Long nap.
JAN: Reverse hunting. Soft suede with long nap and a very thick and sturdy feel. My personal favourite.
BCK: calf split suede, short nap
HRS: Chamois deer
JAN CM: Janus calf marraca, reverse hunting.
There are other codes too (FUN, probably more), but I don't have any experience with them.
There's also some scotch grain types still around, but don't have any swatches.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 52 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 5 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 6 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...