or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 377

post #5641 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Love the Ghillie shoes 👍👍 & looking nice chifromdachi


Thank you, sir!

post #5642 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post

I have a fair amount of 1786 Russian Leather pieces, including a pair of shoes that are 10 years old, and can report that I have not any of them crack. Admittedly they do require some care. I treat the leather with Saphir leather balm every 6 months to prevent it from getting too dry. But considering that I polish my calf leather shoes more often than that, maybe it's not so bad.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
[/URL
]

Well no wonder there's no more left tongue.gif

Nice collection, MoosicPa.
post #5643 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsuo View Post


I have this exact pair with a toe medallion, great pair, enjoy! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

.............Quite possibly the most amazing tone of brown ever devised by man.

 

I think the proliferation of the light brown shoes/blue suit thing is being overdone. I am  especially not a fan of the look with the light colored belts that are usually worn with these combos. I think (of course IMHO) the light belt on the blue suit creates too much of a contrast cutting the suit in half disrupting the flow of uniformity.    

 

 But this tone of brown (with the shoes as well as the belt) goes with navy easily, and obviously with all tones of grey and brown too.  'Great choice - design and color.  


Edited by Jim Chu - 5/11/16 at 2:08pm
post #5644 of 6168

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

Hi, wanting to make my first SC purchase "SAINT CRISPIN'S 539 LOAFER".  How are the leather quality and size compared to the John Lobb Lopez?  Should I get the same size?  Thanks 

post #5645 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujujoo11 View Post

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

Hi, wanting to make my first SC purchase "SAINT CRISPIN'S 539 LOAFER".  How are the leather quality and size compared to the John Lobb Lopez?  Should I get the same size?  Thanks 

Having tried and owned both. Leather quality is not as good<--- i know some may disagree with this. Sizing is the same.
post #5646 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post

Having tried and owned both. Leather quality is not as good<--- i know some may disagree with this. Sizing is the same.

it's known lobb has the best leather (hermes) of most RTW. St. C is down the list really
post #5647 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post


Having tried and owned both. Leather quality is not as good<--- i know some may disagree with this. Sizing is the same.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post


it's known lobb has the best leather (hermes) of most RTW. St. C is down the list really

Sucks to know that.  Is the leather still good?  Or just not on par with JLP.  I wanted to invest in a pair the price is more than the JL Lopez, which I happen to really like.

post #5648 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujujoo11 View Post

Sucks to know that.  Is the leather still good?  Or just not on par with JLP.  I wanted to invest in a pair the price is more than the JL Lopez, which I happen to really like.
Not par with lobb but yes very very good. They both have positive & negative & it's all debatable but if you like what you see then get it. This is coming from some one who has all the brands. Gg, eg, Jl (on order), stcrispin, corthay etc.
post #5649 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujujoo11 View Post

Sucks to know that.  Is the leather still good?  Or just not on par with JLP.  I wanted to invest in a pair the price is more than the JL Lopez, which I happen to really like.

Its def not on par with JLP. Still good leather with StC. Get StC if you like their specific style shoe. Its also more customizable than Lobb. But dont expect better (or just as good leather).
post #5650 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Not par with lobb but yes very very good. They both have positive & negative & it's all debatable but if you like what you see then get it. This is coming from some one who has all the brands. Gg, eg, Jl (on order), stcrispin, corthay etc.

If you take out price from the equation, which i am assuming is not at discussion in a tgread about 1500 shoes I really cant think of any negatives about Lobb quality? Too soft, too comfortable maybe. Are those negatives?
post #5651 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post

If you take out price from the equation, which i am assuming is not at discussion in a tgread about 1500 shoes I really cant think of any negatives about Lobb quality? Too soft, too comfortable maybe. Are those negatives?
Life is short brother lol I like variety lol owning too much of same things tend to get boring lol that is why jujujoo11 started looking at stcrispin lol hey you own lots of EG satisfied.gif but end of a day each to its own.
post #5652 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Life is short brother lol I like variety lol owning too much of same things tend to get boring lol that is why jujujoo11 started looking at stcrispin lol hey you own lots of EG satisfied.gif but end of a day each to its own.

I agree. Get the shoe if you like the style and you want to spice things up.
Just answering his original question specifically about the leather quality.
Cant have steak every time, sometimes you just want a burger...
post #5653 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post

I agree. Get the shoe if you like the style and you want to spice things up.
Just answering his original question specifically about the leather quality.
Cant have steak every time, sometimes you just want a burger...
I like steak burger lol i get my med rare fing02[1].gif
post #5654 of 6168

Thanks for all the great replies. Next time I go to NY I will try them on.  

post #5655 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post

Having tried and owned both. Leather quality is not as good<--- i know some may disagree with this. Sizing is the same.
Agreed
For fit it all depends on last tho. Styc runs a little narrow and they are now equivalents; E is not E
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread