or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 370

post #5536 of 6168
grc1 it's nice to see you taking a plung towards non deco shoes lol solid choice 👍👍
post #5537 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

grc1 it's nice to see you taking a plung towards non deco shoes lol solid choice 👍👍

Yeah, I know - who would have thought? wink.gif

On the other hand, my first thought when putting them on was "damn - I should have asked for test shoes on the Novello as well!" lol8[1].gif

The Novello will follow, I'm sure - but for now I'm interested in getting the fit right on these. Anyone know when StC will next be in London? I'd like to get the fit of these test shoes looked at in person.
post #5538 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

grc1 it's nice to see you taking a plung towards non deco shoes lol solid choice 👍👍
Quote:
Originally Posted by grc1 View Post


Haha


Yeah, I know - who would have thought? wink.gif

On the other hand, my first thought when putting them on was "damn - I should have asked for test shoes on the Novello as well!" lol8[1].gif

The Novello will follow, I'm sure - but for now I'm interested in getting the fit right on these. Anyone know when StC will next be in London? I'd like to get the fit of these test shoes looked at in person.

Oh I'm sure it will. I did the classic last as well and the test shoe helped a lot to make a bunch of corrections right away.
I may try another in the future after this last is all set
post #5539 of 6168

Congrat @mw313, I know you have been looking for a green pair for a while - they are stunning!

post #5540 of 6168
X-post. St. Crispin's custom last MTO. Went through 2 pair of fitting shoes for this, but overall the fit is very good. Went with the pegless waist and the rubber sole. Very comfortable compared to other St. Crispin's I've had.






post #5541 of 6168
^^^ Those are gorgeous.
post #5542 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

^^^ Those are gorgeous.

Thanks man. Was just wondering where you've been!
post #5543 of 6168
Roger is back & congrats jerrybrowne those are lovely.
post #5544 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewStart View Post
 

Congrat @mw313, I know you have been looking for a green pair for a while - they are stunning!


thank you and i think that over time when i bring the toe to a less popping color it will look even better!

post #5545 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

X-post. St. Crispin's custom last MTO. Went through 2 pair of fitting shoes for this, but overall the fit is very good. Went with the pegless waist and the rubber sole. Very comfortable compared to other St. Crispin's I've had.






Those look comfy. Very nice, @jerrybrowne
post #5546 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post


thank you and i think that over time when i bring the toe to a less popping color it will look even better!

Exactly, aftet a few wears and polishing the colours will blend very nicely together
post #5547 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

X-post. St. Crispin's custom last MTO. Went through 2 pair of fitting shoes for this, but overall the fit is very good. Went with the pegless waist and the rubber sole. Very comfortable compared to other St. Crispin's I've had.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






interesting...
how was sole attached
at teh waist?
the welt-sole stitch
ends at the forefoot
post #5548 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

Went with the pegless waist and the rubber sole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post

how was sole attached
at teh waist?
the welt-sole stitch
ends at the forefoot

Basically, the sole was done in two stages: There is a leather mid:-sole and a rubber out-sole.

The mid-sole (maybe 2.5 mm thick) was attached the conventional way, stitched and (presumably) pegged in the waist. Then the rubber sole (cut from a sheet, not a pre-formed sole) was cemented into place. The rubber sole goes from the toe to the back of the heel.Then under the heel, there are two more lifts in leather and the top-lift from another piece of that same rubber.
post #5549 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post


Basically, the sole was done in two stages: There is a leather mid:-sole and a rubber out-sole.

The mid-sole (maybe 2.5 mm thick) was attached the conventional way, stitched and (presumably) pegged in the waist. Then the rubber sole (cut from a sheet, not a pre-formed sole) was cemented into place. The rubber sole goes from the toe to the back of the heel.Then under the heel, there are two more lifts in leather and the top-lift from another piece of that same rubber.
thanks r.
i understand how
a rubber sole
is attached
but was wondering
how it was
done on this pair
since @jerrybrowne
specifically said
it was an unpegged
waist

so im wondering
if it was either
just glued on
or blake at
teh waist like
bestetti's 'full' handwelted
with unpegged waist.
post #5550 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post

thanks r.
i understand how
a rubber sole
is attached
but was wondering
how it was
done on this pair
since @jerrybrowne
specifically said
it was an unpegged
waist

so im wondering
if it was either
just glued on
or blake at
teh waist like
bestetti's 'full' handwelted
with unpegged waist.

I ordered the outsole completely handwelted. Haven't looked carefully, but will when I get home....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread