Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on 11/30/16 at 6:17am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 369post #5521 of 61634/8/16 at 1:54pmpost #5522 of 61634/8/16 at 5:58pm
Thank you for your kind words.
They are CRU 611 (burgundy) but extra burnishing/darkening was requested from our customer :)
Thank you gentlemen!
If you are referring to the burgundy split toe, they are CRU 611 (burgundy) but extra burnishing/darkening was requested from our customer :)post #5523 of 61634/8/16 at 10:25pmpost #5524 of 61634/9/16 at 11:39am
One of my St. C pairs came in on my custom last! There are on the classic last and are a modified green so they are olive green in color with a darker burnished toe:
Is it just me or does this pair seem to have the welting a bit further than usual?
Here is me first trying them on. What do you guys think of the fit?post #5525 of 61634/9/16 at 11:59ampost #5526 of 61634/9/16 at 12:05pmpost #5527 of 61634/9/16 at 12:30pm
thank you guys!!! I think the color is definitely different from what I usually see so I was hoping they would work out!
My only concern was if the fit looked good, but I'm glad you guys think it works well!post #5528 of 61634/9/16 at 12:33pmpost #5529 of 61634/9/16 at 1:37pmQuote:
They they are very narrow!
Yes they are still a bit wide for me, so for the next pair I will have them made even more narrow in the instep and around the ball of the foot, but i'll let you know how they work out over time.post #5530 of 61634/9/16 at 2:17pmQuote:
You've got a centimeter or so at the instep, so I think that's fine. Can't really judge the rest from a picture though, but looks like a good start!
post #5531 of 61634/9/16 at 3:03pmQuote:
Here are a few pictures that I took to shoe more of the fit to see what you guys think:post #5532 of 61634/9/16 at 4:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by mw313
Here are a few pictures that I took to shoe more of the fit to see what you guys think:
Those are good pics to have the last edited :) instep really looks good though.post #5533 of 61634/9/16 at 7:41pmQuote:
Ball width still a bit wide as well, and some extra spaces around teh vamp.
Why not get trial shoes first?post #5534 of 61634/11/16 at 7:28pmQuote:
thank you. i will just send those in to show.Quote:
I did get trial shoes first and even with taken some width down, i still have this much extra. It is crazy, I know, but I have such crazy narrow feet. I always have a problem and it takes a lot of modifications to get enough volume taken down for me.
It would have been really bad if i didn't get the trial shoes made first as well as to have a good idea of taking a few widths off before even making the trial shoe.
You have to remember that I'm about a US AA width in measure.post #5535 of 61634/12/16 at 1:33am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › FOR SALE: BERG AND BERG SHIRTS SPREAD COLLAR 15/38 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 22 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 26 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 31 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 49 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway