or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 367

post #5491 of 6168
Very solid choice 👌
post #5492 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Hello that's a awesome pic of my grille stcrispin shoes 4th one on top 👍👍

Yes, a beautiful Ghillie Derby from StC!

post #5493 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by casadisartoria View Post

Yes, a beautiful Ghillie Derby from StC!
Yes sir it is I bought that from leather foot Toronto 👍
post #5494 of 6168

Hello,

 

could you please tell your experiences from BCK and KUD suede? I am unsure which one to take for my 524 chukka.

they will be colour 076 but not sure wether i take them in reverse calf or antelope.

 

which one do you prefer?

 

 

many thanks

post #5495 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezinho View Post

Hello,

could you please tell your experiences from BCK and KUD suede? I am unsure which one to take for my 524 chukka.
they will be colour 076 but not sure wether i take them in reverse calf or antelope.

which one do you prefer?


many thanks
They both are good it comes down to your preference & how you prefer your suede to be stcrispin give you five suede options. Difference comes in nap & texture of suede & kudu would be the softest. And also gentleman above stated that it's very hard working & you can get stain out better.
post #5496 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezinho View Post
 

Hello,

 

could you please tell your experiences from BCK and KUD suede? I am unsure which one to take for my 524 chukka.

they will be colour 076 but not sure wether i take them in reverse calf or antelope.

 

which one do you prefer?

 

 

many thanks

 

BCK has a rather shorter nap than KUD; also, KUD is really soft all around, which means it stretches a lot more. personally i prefer BCK since in my experience it's more hard-wearing, although if you don't intend to beat them up then KUD is definitely not a bad choice

post #5497 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezinho View Post

Hello,

could you please tell your experiences from BCK and KUD suede? I am unsure which one to take for my 524 chukka.
they will be colour 076 but not sure wether i take them in reverse calf or antelope.

which one do you prefer?


many thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiristol View Post

BCK has a rather shorter nap than KUD; also, KUD is really soft all around, which means it stretches a lot more. personally i prefer BCK since in my experience it's more hard-wearing, although if you don't intend to beat them up then KUD is definitely not a bad choice

Personally I'm totally in love with the Kudu Suede (KUD). It is very soft however, I'd probably recommend casual styles like derbies and loafers made up in this material.
post #5498 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


Personally I'm totally in love with the Kudu Suede (KUD). It is very soft however, I'd probably recommend casual styles like derbies and loafers made up in this material.


Thanks Leaves

What about a chukka 524 in 76 colour?
Which type would you recommend?
post #5499 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecks View Post

I have a pair of StC, chiselled last with minor last modifications: 7.5F front with a 7F heel. Or in other words, a 7F with width of a 7.5F.

Have found that both my feet especially near the arch feels uncomfortable after a days wear.

Would anyone know whether it's possible to reduce the arch support?

Hi.  I am relatively new to St.C's and other members surely are more educated than I am about SCs, but with their MTO program, I think you can specify customization of arch support, at least, during the manufacturing process. I am not sure if they would do it after the process. They do have an active refurbishing business, which only tells me that they do preform some work on their previously sold shoes, not necessarily what you need, however.  If it's worth the cost and time to you, maybe you should try to contact them directly or go through one of their distributors in your country to find out the options (the contact info is on their site).  Or, more simply, ask a local cobbler if he or she can do it and if he or she has previously done it with success.

And still maybe ask the cobbler for references, if possible. 

 

Personally, I would only send my SC back to SC for work, other than maybe minor heal replacement work. 

post #5500 of 6168

Did anyone find out if St. C really will resole other brands? 

 

It was mentioned before and I haven't really heard of anyone doing that before, but based on the price of a resole of their own shoes, I'd use them for other great brands too!

post #5501 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post

Did anyone find out if St. C really will resole other brands? 

It was mentioned before and I haven't really heard of anyone doing that before, but based on the price of a resole of their own shoes, I'd use them for other great brands too!

True. But on the other hand you could also find some aspiring bespoke makers and ask for quotes.
post #5502 of 6168

I have to say I prefer the JAN suede for a proper derby or chukka. It's so heavy and nice. As Patrick said though, for a loafer (not the derby part), I think it would be hard to beat the kudu. :)

post #5503 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post
 

Did anyone find out if St. C really will resole other brands? 

 

It was mentioned before and I haven't really heard of anyone doing that before, but based on the price of a resole of their own shoes, I'd use them for other great brands too!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post


True. But on the other hand you could also find some aspiring bespoke makers and ask for quotes.


True that makes sense, but I still want to know if St. C would do it! 

 

I know shoemakers who would do other brands without a problem, like Perry Ercolino in Pennsylvania! He does great work for shoes and resoles. He will do the resole in any way that you want too. 

post #5504 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post




True that makes sense, but I still want to know if St. C would do it! 

I know shoemakers who would do other brands without a problem, like Perry Ercolino in Pennsylvania! He does great work for shoes and resoles. He will do the resole in any way that you want too. 

He said it to me in passing maybe 18months ago. I didn't follow up because I hardly have any non-StCs at this point.shog[1].gif
post #5505 of 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb666 View Post

Going to my first Saint Crispin trunk show next week.

Got plenty of G&Gs, EGs and Lobbs.

Would be grateful for any suggestions as to a good kick off point for Saint Crispin.

My only caveat - Australian weather doesn't really lend itself to boots. I stretch to demi-boots/bootees/chelseas, but no further.

 

Don't mean to quote myself (which is of course the height of conceit!), but wish to thank those who provided advice and input.

 

I've just returned from a most enjoyable and educational hour with Phillip Car and the team at Double Monk Sydney at the Saint Crispin trunk show.

 

I ended up going with this model

 

http://www.saintcrispins.com/mod-535s/

 

with a chiselled last, in a deep brown (Edward Green doak or thereabouts), solid brown toe cap with some burnishing, and subtle goose feathering on the vamp and heel, and matching suede facing.

 

Due in June.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread