Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 12:14 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 367post #5491 of 61683/29/16 at 9:22pmpost #5492 of 61683/29/16 at 11:07pmpost #5493 of 61683/30/16 at 3:10ampost #5494 of 61683/30/16 at 3:12ampost #5495 of 61683/30/16 at 3:21ampost #5496 of 61683/30/16 at 4:18amQuote:
BCK has a rather shorter nap than KUD; also, KUD is really soft all around, which means it stretches a lot more. personally i prefer BCK since in my experience it's more hard-wearing, although if you don't intend to beat them up then KUD is definitely not a bad choicepost #5497 of 61683/30/16 at 5:49amQuote:Quote:
Personally I'm totally in love with the Kudu Suede (KUD). It is very soft however, I'd probably recommend casual styles like derbies and loafers made up in this material.post #5498 of 61683/30/16 at 5:58amQuote:
What about a chukka 524 in 76 colour?
Which type would you recommend?post #5499 of 61683/30/16 at 1:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by rebecks
I have a pair of StC, chiselled last with minor last modifications: 7.5F front with a 7F heel. Or in other words, a 7F with width of a 7.5F.
Have found that both my feet especially near the arch feels uncomfortable after a days wear.
Would anyone know whether it's possible to reduce the arch support?
Hi. I am relatively new to St.C's and other members surely are more educated than I am about SCs, but with their MTO program, I think you can specify customization of arch support, at least, during the manufacturing process. I am not sure if they would do it after the process. They do have an active refurbishing business, which only tells me that they do preform some work on their previously sold shoes, not necessarily what you need, however. If it's worth the cost and time to you, maybe you should try to contact them directly or go through one of their distributors in your country to find out the options (the contact info is on their site). Or, more simply, ask a local cobbler if he or she can do it and if he or she has previously done it with success.
And still maybe ask the cobbler for references, if possible.
Personally, I would only send my SC back to SC for work, other than maybe minor heal replacement work.post #5500 of 61684/2/16 at 11:05ampost #5501 of 61684/2/16 at 1:25pmQuote:
True. But on the other hand you could also find some aspiring bespoke makers and ask for quotes.post #5502 of 61684/2/16 at 1:49pmpost #5503 of 61684/3/16 at 11:56amQuote:Quote:
True that makes sense, but I still want to know if St. C would do it!
I know shoemakers who would do other brands without a problem, like Perry Ercolino in Pennsylvania! He does great work for shoes and resoles. He will do the resole in any way that you want too.post #5504 of 61684/5/16 at 7:31pmQuote:
He said it to me in passing maybe 18months ago. I didn't follow up because I hardly have any non-StCs at this point.post #5505 of 61684/5/16 at 10:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by jrb666
Going to my first Saint Crispin trunk show next week.
Got plenty of G&Gs, EGs and Lobbs.
Would be grateful for any suggestions as to a good kick off point for Saint Crispin.
My only caveat - Australian weather doesn't really lend itself to boots. I stretch to demi-boots/bootees/chelseas, but no further.
Don't mean to quote myself (which is of course the height of conceit!), but wish to thank those who provided advice and input.
I've just returned from a most enjoyable and educational hour with Phillip Car and the team at Double Monk Sydney at the Saint Crispin trunk show.
I ended up going with this model
with a chiselled last, in a deep brown (Edward Green doak or thereabouts), solid brown toe cap with some burnishing, and subtle goose feathering on the vamp and heel, and matching suede facing.
Due in June.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Offical Barbour Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 2 minutes ago
- › Please ID leather jacket worn by David Blaine 2 minutes ago
- › The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 7 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 7 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...