or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 364

post #5446 of 6165

523 in black and navy calf
 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

post #5447 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypi2 View Post
 

523 in black and navy calf
 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 


Nice to see a two tone U cap!!!

post #5448 of 6165

Friday in the wild.

My mid week discovery..facepalm.gif
post #5449 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsuo View Post

My mid week discovery..facepalm.gif

 

my exact reaction a few weeks ago. just got them back though---this is the first time i've had a pair of SCs recrafted, and i have to say that i'm impressed. when i sent them in they were in incredibly bad shape due to my constant abuse, and actually had water damage all the way to the insole. all fixed upon return --- i know SC is good, but even this is surprising

 


Edited by emiristol - 3/20/16 at 6:05am
post #5450 of 6165


What's good, SF! This just in from Justin at LS Hawaii. My calf n' croc spectator loafer from SC and an off-thread bonus shot of my very first Spigola/Koji Suzuki, in peccary. Much love to my dude, Justin and the good folks at LS.


Edited by chifromdachi - 3/22/16 at 8:26pm
post #5451 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsuo View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Friday in the wild.

My mid week discovery..facepalm.gif

 

Interesting how both shoes are worn through at the same time.  Its usually right shoe for me.

 

SC resole price is very good and they do a very good job as well.

post #5452 of 6165
chifromdachi love the shoes man 👍👍
post #5453 of 6165

Thank you @TtownMD

post #5454 of 6165
I have a pair of StC, chiselled last with minor last modifications: 7.5F front with a 7F heel. Or in other words, a 7F with width of a 7.5F.

Have found that both my feet especially near the arch feels uncomfortable after a days wear.

Would anyone know whether it's possible to reduce the arch support?
post #5455 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post
 

 

Interesting how both shoes are worn through at the same time.  Its usually right shoe for me.

 

SC resole price is very good and they do a very good job as well.

 

This is the first time I've worn through the sole.  I was also surprised it was nearly the same place, the same amount and the same day.   I really like their service overall so I'm looking forward to the attention my pair will get.  

 

I seem to remember Phillip having so much pride in their repair shop he recommended that I send my other pairs there for service instead of back to their manufacturer!   I was impressed.  unfortunately the only other pairs I have are GY welted so I would have to check to see if that is something they can work with. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiristol View Post
 

 

my exact reaction a few weeks ago. just got them back though---this is the first time i've had a pair of SCs recrafted, and i have to say that i'm impressed. when i sent them in they were in incredibly bad shape due to my constant abuse, and actually had water damage all the way to the insole. all fixed upon return --- i know SC is good, but even this is surprising

 

 

Their service makes the soles and much of the shoes appear very close to new! 

post #5456 of 6165
Hello all,

I am planning to MTO my first pair of St C shoes. There are many iconic models, like 633 and 105 and others but I was thinking to start with the chukka. I think the SC chukka is the most amazing chukka in the market and also fills a gap in my shoe rotation (mostly filled with EG so far).

I am thinking on a 2 eyelet chukka in classic last in dark brown suede. Double soles and metal toe taps.

What do you think of this make up? Any advice form your side? Shall I go a different shade of brown? Sole?


Thanks
post #5457 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezinho View Post

Hello all,

I am planning to MTO my first pair of St C shoes. There are many iconic models, like 633 and 105 and others but I was thinking to start with the chukka. I think the SC chukka is the most amazing chukka in the market and also fills a gap in my shoe rotation (mostly filled with EG so far).

I am thinking on a 2 eyelet chukka in classic last in dark brown suede. Double soles and metal toe taps.

What do you think of this make up? Any advice form your side? Shall I go a different shade of brown? Sole?


Thanks
That's an amazing choice & stcrispin makes amazing chukka & if you like suede go for suede they also make some softest suede I have ever seen & came across. Regardless whatever choice you make you will be happy. I would say give 524 chukka style a try put your twist of leather & you are good to go.
post #5458 of 6165
524 chukka in kud suede (think 072) 3 yrs old one of my favorite shoes. [IMG]

post #5459 of 6165
Anm1984 love them 👍
post #5460 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by chifromdachi View Post











What's good, SF! This just in from Justin at LS Hawaii. My calf n' croc spectator loafer from SC and an off-thread bonus shot of my very first Spigola/Koji Suzuki, in peccary. Much love to my dude, Justin and the good folks at LS.

Both are great choices!

Can you give some info on the Spigola? Are they MTM?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread