or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 361

post #5401 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post



These are truly amazing!!!! I love the U cap (564?) 

 

This is a great color as well!

post #5402 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by grc1 View Post

Just pulled the trigger for a test shoe on a personalised last for my first pair of St.C's. Looking forward to joining the club!
Welcome to Stcrisoin club my man 👍👍
post #5403 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by grc1 View Post

Just pulled the trigger for a test shoe on a personalised last for my first pair of St.C's. Looking forward to joining the club!

 

   Novello first up ?

post #5404 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post


Sorry about that! Didn't know he was a partner!

Ethan is opening up a new venture in Tokyo called Brycelands and will carry StC. I don't think it's open yet but I might be wrong. I don't see a live website anyways.
post #5405 of 6165

I feel its time for an action shot of some derbies :nodding:

post #5406 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGent View Post

   Novello first up ?

Am I that predictable? lol8[1].gif

I even surprised myself - not the Novello! eh.gif

I saw @Leaves's model 539s on Instagram and it was love at first sight. So that's what I'm going with:



The Novello, I'm sure, will follow. It's really only a matter of time. shog[1].gif
post #5407 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by niklasnordin View Post
 

I feel its time for an action shot of some derbies :nodding:

:fistbump: :slayer:

post #5408 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by grc1 View Post


Am I that predictable? lol8[1].gif

I even surprised myself - not the Novello! eh.gif
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


The Novello, I'm sure, will follow. It's really only a matter of time. shog[1].gif

 

   yes you are and yes it will . . . . partly because I can't see you getting along with the Sailor all that well.

   that's an outstanding first choice regardless

 

   ps side note: on the chance you've seen both G&G Mink and Mole suede in real life - which is darker ?


Edited by SoGent - 2/26/16 at 7:05am
post #5409 of 6165
SoGent mole is biggrin.gif
post #5410 of 6165

@niklasnordin - outstanding, sir.

post #5411 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

SoGent mole is biggrin.gif

 

   perfect, thanks for the input

post #5412 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGent View Post

   yes you are and yes it will . . . . partly because I can't see you getting along with the Sailor all that well.
   that's an outstanding first choice regardless

cheers.gif nice to be known - yeah, I can see the Novello as a future StC standard last and the Classic for loafers like the 539s, similar to how the deco is my go-to last in G&G except when it comes to slip-ons and boots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGent View Post

   ps side note: on the chance you've seen both G&G Mink and Mole suede in real life - which is darker ?

Wish I'd seen this earlier - I actually went into the Savile Row store over lunch and was flicking through the suede book. I was looking more at the fox/polo end of the spectrum, so of course I've forgotten which is darker between the mole and the mink - but I'll be back on Monday and will check for you!
post #5413 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by grc1 View Post
 
I actually was flicking through the suede book. I've forgotten which is darker between the mole and the mink - but I'll be back on Monday and will check for you!

 

  thanks, that would be a big help.  I ask because some of the photos I've seen of Mole seems to reflect a more reddish tint.

post #5414 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by grc1 View Post


cheers.gif nice to be known - yeah, I can see the Novello as a future StC standard last and the Classic for loafers like the 539s, similar to how the deco is my go-to last in G&G except when it comes to slip-ons and boots.
Wish I'd seen this earlier - I actually went into the Savile Row store over lunch and was flicking through the suede book. I was looking more at the fox/polo end of the spectrum, so of course I've forgotten which is darker between the mole and the mink - but I'll be back on Monday and will check for you!


haha. I actually figured that you were going to do something like the classic or riva so it wouldn't be as elongated as you get the Deco for GG. 

post #5415 of 6165

@grc1 I don't think I told you yet, but I did put an order in for a pair of Deco GG while i'm waiting for my new pair of St. C. After seeing all of your amazing choices I had to try more than just my normal TG73 and MH71! 

 

My St. C that I'm waiting for are on a custom last based off of the classic. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread