or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 322

post #4816 of 6165
If I were doing it over again, I would start out with a personalized last and trial pair. For me there was a lot of pain involved in getting to a good fit. On my next pair, I may well ask for a personal last since I expect to order more pairs and am paying for 3 pret adjustments per shoe. Depends on the cost of the personal last.
post #4817 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

If I were doing it over again, I would start out with a personalized last and trial pair. For me there was a lot of pain involved in getting to a good fit. On my next pair, I may well ask for a personal last since I expect to order more pairs and am paying for 3 pret adjustments per shoe. Depends on the cost of the personal last.

When you say personalized last do you mean full bespoke?

post #4818 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

If I were doing it over again, I would start out with a personalized last and trial pair. For me there was a lot of pain involved in getting to a good fit. On my next pair, I may well ask for a personal last since I expect to order more pairs and am paying for 3 pret adjustments per shoe. Depends on the cost of the personal last.

Should be saved in after like two or three pairs?
post #4819 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post

When you say personalized last do you mean full bespoke?

No.
post #4820 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan88 View Post

Should be saved in after like two or three pairs?

Even at one pair only its highly worth it.
post #4821 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Well I have average feet I am US 9.5D & take 8.5UK for Stcrispin, Edward green & gaziano & girling 9Uk & for vass 42.5 EU & Enzo Bonafe 8.5Uk all worked very well no need to do any custome last etc. So in a way got lucky. But I do see were you are coming from.

I am JL 9EE, G&G 9.5F/G (sold all my RTW), EG 9.5F, Vass 43 Wide.

I asked for 9G wide for SC at a trunk show, but was recommended 8.5G with PRET adjustments.

And it's a really tight and unfortunate fit.
post #4822 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post


No.

Thanks. I just looked at he website again after I saw your response, I didnt realize the option was there.  I have a few RTW models but will be trying to get a better fit at the next trunk show in NYC.

post #4823 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post


Even at one pair only its highly worth it.


I think that depends if it's necessary or not. If fit is good in the normal lasts it's really not necessary at all. You are however able to improve the last by each pair you make, which is valuable, as long as you do the whole process in a last you're going to continue to use. Classic is great! 

post #4824 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post

Thanks. I just looked at he website again after I saw your response, I didnt realize the option was there.  I have a few RTW models but will be trying to get a better fit at the next trunk show in NYC.

It's always been there; some Italian "bespoke" makers outsource the shoemaking to SC decades ago.

If you sticks with SC for the next couple pairs of shoes, go for trial shoes.
post #4825 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

I am JL 9EE, G&G 9.5F/G (sold all my RTW), EG 9.5F, Vass 43 Wide.

I asked for 9G wide for SC at a trunk show, but was recommended 8.5G with PRET adjustments.

And it's a really tight and unfortunate fit.

I'm a perfect 11F in G&G MH71 (the same size in TG73 is a little loose) and an 11E with adjustments in Anthony Cleverly. My current sizing in St. C is 10.5F for the left foot and 10G for the right, both with pret adjustments. This was after some negotiation. Phillip initially wanted to put me in a 10 for the left foot as well. I don't know if you were fitted by Phillip but he likes a tight fit and bases his advice accordingly. I think his view is that, over the long haul, once a tight fit shoe has broken in and conformed to the foot, it's supremely comfortable. I generally agree but I think he can go overboard. I also find that St. C take longer than most shoes to fully break in, so the process if you start with a tight fit can be very uncomfortable.
post #4826 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

I am JL 9EE, G&G 9.5F/G (sold all my RTW), EG 9.5F, Vass 43 Wide.

I asked for 9G wide for SC at a trunk show, but was recommended 8.5G with PRET adjustments.

And it's a really tight and unfortunate fit.
Dude that sucks but I am sure they will take care of you. I have not bothered with last adjustment & picked up stcrispin over Black Friday. But in future I will go to trunk show & see if getting personal last is well worth or not.
post #4827 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

I'm a perfect 11F in G&G MH71 (the same size in TG73 is a little loose) and an 11E with adjustments in Anthony Cleverly. My current sizing in St. C is 10.5F for the left foot and 10G for the right, both with pret adjustments. This was after some negotiation. Phillip initially wanted to put me in a 10 for the left foot as well. I don't know if you were fitted by Phillip but he likes a tight fit and bases his advice accordingly. I think his view is that, over the long haul, once a tight fit shoe has broken in and conformed to the foot, it's supremely comfortable. I generally agree but I think he can go overboard. I also find that St. C take longer than most shoes to fully break in, so the process if you start with a tight fit can be very uncomfortable.

Fitted by Philip personally, took all his recommendations, thus unfortunate. The problem was not so much a tight fit but shoes slightly too short.

Couldn't see him for almost 2 years at trunk shows in California due to my travel schedules. But meh. My feet will painfully win eventually.
post #4828 of 6165

if you know what length works for you, you can just get it made in that size in whatever width you expect to need. You can have a trial shoe made off of that info (plus any basic adjustments that you can imagine needing prior to the first pair) and then take notes on what adjustments you will want after you have that trial shoe. 

 

After that is done, you should have a decent fit and if you really think it is necessary, you could have another trial shoe made off of those new adjustments before having the final shoe made. 

post #4829 of 6165

Maiden Voyage, steppin' out with Wifey tonight.

post #4830 of 6165
Very nice my man.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread