Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 321

post #4801 of 6348
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post



StC on maiden voyage. Trousers appear to have more break because of me leaning forward to take the picture

Sweet pair, @justinkapur. Always loved that saddle cap toe. I did a B/W spectator make up. It's beautiful in any colorway or material choice.

 

Gents, I have a question for the forum. When I first discovered Saint Crispins' shoes through my weekly lurking on this site, I fell hard for the models. However, I then read so many comments regarding fit, well, more so regarding the somewhat lengthy break-in time, that I was very apprehensive about making a purchase.

 

After visiting the then Beverly Hills satellite of LeatherSoul, I decided to make an MTO buy. Fast forward to several MTO pairs and to date, I have never had even a single twinge of discomfort

and absolutely no break-in time for any of my pairs. So tell me, has ST. C's made a lot of positive quality control adjustments in their MTO program? Or was this break-in time specific to MTO, or bespoke, or in-store stock purchases? Or am I just incredibly lucky?

 

Just curious. Danke in advance for your insights.

post #4802 of 6348
Quote:
Originally Posted by chifromdachi View Post

Sweet pair, @justinkapur
. Always loved that saddle cap toe. I did a B/W spectator make up. It's beautiful in any colorway or material choice.

Gents, I have a question for the forum. When I first discovered Saint Crispins' shoes through my weekly lurking on this site, I fell hard for the models. However, I then read so many comments regarding fit, well, more so regarding the somewhat lengthy break-in time, that I was very apprehensive about making a purchase.

After visiting the then Beverly Hills satellite of LeatherSoul, I decided to make an MTO buy. Fast forward to several MTO pairs and to date, I have never had even a single twinge of discomfort
and absolutely no break-in time for any of my pairs. So tell me, has ST. C's made a lot of positive quality control adjustments in their MTO program? Or was this break-in time specific to MTO, or bespoke, or in-store stock purchases? Or am I just incredibly lucky?

Just curious. Danke in advance for your insights.

I guess some people buy shoes too tight, and need time to break them in. Never had trouble with SC. That being said, it does take time for the shoes to soften and reach the real potential.
post #4803 of 6348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

excellent JK

Thanks Cleav! First pair and I got a few complements.
post #4804 of 6348
Quote:
Originally Posted by chifromdachi View Post

Sweet pair, @justinkapur
. Always loved that saddle cap toe. I did a B/W spectator make up. It's beautiful in any colorway or material choice.

Gents, I have a question for the forum. When I first discovered Saint Crispins' shoes through my weekly lurking on this site, I fell hard for the models. However, I then read so many comments regarding fit, well, more so regarding the somewhat lengthy break-in time, that I was very apprehensive about making a purchase.

After visiting the then Beverly Hills satellite of LeatherSoul, I decided to make an MTO buy. Fast forward to several MTO pairs and to date, I have never had even a single twinge of discomfort
and absolutely no break-in time for any of my pairs. So tell me, has ST. C's made a lot of positive quality control adjustments in their MTO program? Or was this break-in time specific to MTO, or bespoke, or in-store stock purchases? Or am I just incredibly lucky?

Just curious. Danke in advance for your insights.
All Stcrispin rtw or mto have worked the same to me & didn't need lot of break in times. Hope it helps
post #4805 of 6348
Quote:
Originally Posted by chifromdachi View Post

Sweet pair, @justinkapur
. Always loved that saddle cap toe. I did a B/W spectator make up. It's beautiful in any colorway or material choice.

Gents, I have a question for the forum. When I first discovered Saint Crispins' shoes through my weekly lurking on this site, I fell hard for the models. However, I then read so many comments regarding fit, well, more so regarding the somewhat lengthy break-in time, that I was very apprehensive about making a purchase.

After visiting the then Beverly Hills satellite of LeatherSoul, I decided to make an MTO buy. Fast forward to several MTO pairs and to date, I have never had even a single twinge of discomfort
and absolutely no break-in time for any of my pairs. So tell me, has ST. C's made a lot of positive quality control adjustments in their MTO program? Or was this break-in time specific to MTO, or bespoke, or in-store stock purchases? Or am I just incredibly lucky?

Just curious. Danke in advance for your insights.

My first pair of St. Crispins were in a standard size. I purchased them from LeatherSoul BH. I was strongly discouraged from asking for pret adjustments. I went with LSBH's advice though I was skeptical that the shoes would fit without adjustments and they didn't. So tight they were painful and had to be sent back for relasting and even then required lengthy break in. Second pair was purchased again at LSBH at a trunk show with Phillip. Size and pret adjustments made on his advice. However, they were insufficient. Shoes were better but still not perfect. Back they went for relasting and then another lengthy break in period. Third, fourth, and fifth pairs with adjustments building off of experience with first two pairs were perfect and required no changes.

By the way, also love those saddle captoes. One of St. C's best shoes.
post #4806 of 6348
I just received my second pair:

Mod. 104FC in VNA 078

post #4807 of 6348
^ nod[1].gif
post #4808 of 6348
Congrats those are lovely.
post #4809 of 6348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limniscate View Post

I just received my second pair:

Mod. 104FC in VNA 078

nice
post #4810 of 6348
what is the medallion supposed to be?
post #4811 of 6348
Quote:
Originally Posted by chifromdachi View Post

Sweet pair, @justinkapur
. Always loved that saddle cap toe. I did a B/W spectator make up. It's beautiful in any colorway or material choice.

Gents, I have a question for the forum. When I first discovered Saint Crispins' shoes through my weekly lurking on this site, I fell hard for the models. However, I then read so many comments regarding fit, well, more so regarding the somewhat lengthy break-in time, that I was very apprehensive about making a purchase.

After visiting the then Beverly Hills satellite of LeatherSoul, I decided to make an MTO buy. Fast forward to several MTO pairs and to date, I have never had even a single twinge of discomfort
and absolutely no break-in time for any of my pairs. So tell me, has ST. C's made a lot of positive quality control adjustments in their MTO program? Or was this break-in time specific to MTO, or bespoke, or in-store stock purchases? Or am I just incredibly lucky?

Just curious. Danke in advance for your insights.

From my perspective you were lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

My first pair of St. Crispins were in a standard size. I purchased them from LeatherSoul BH. I was strongly discouraged from asking for pret adjustments. I went with LSBH's advice though I was skeptical that the shoes would fit without adjustments and they didn't. So tight they were painful and had to be sent back for relasting and even then required lengthy break in. Second pair was purchased again at LSBH at a trunk show with Phillip. Size and pret adjustments made on his advice. However, they were insufficient. Shoes were better but still not perfect. Back they went for relasting and then another lengthy break in period. Third, fourth, and fifth pairs with adjustments building off of experience with first two pairs were perfect and required no changes.

By the way, also love those saddle captoes. One of St. C's best shoes.

This was much more like my experience, but I know I've always had unusually wide feet. I also had a lot of trouble with the stiff top line digging into my lower ankles. Every pair I've purchased has had to go back to reduce the stiffener. Very frustrating. Good thing my next pair are boots...

Edit: After going with a personal last after my 3rd pair, the fit is now great and I swear by St.C's; they're just not perfect.
Edited by Itsuo - 11/25/15 at 10:04am
post #4812 of 6348
^^^
Exactly. Was dissuaded from trial shoes and personalized last by Philip. Went with PRET instead. Fit is pretty awful. Breakin is a pain. Now wearable but still meh.

My feet isn't unusually wide, JL 9EE fits fine tho not perfect.
post #4813 of 6348

Gentlemen, thank you for your responses. They've cleared up my curiosity. I did indeed, at the recommendation of my sales associate at LSBH,

go with having a trial shoe made up first. Since it was my first encounter with Saint Crispins shoes, I was under the assumption that that was their standard

operating procedure.

 

In retrospect, I'm sure that having a trial shoe made was a direct contributor to my luck with fit and break-in time. Although, with Edward Green, I've never had a try on shoe made up and only had an issue when I ordered a pair with an 82 last. But that nightmare is another story for another forum. Again, thanks for your responses.

 

Cheers!

post #4814 of 6348
Quote:
Originally Posted by chifromdachi View Post

Gentlemen, thank you for your responses. They've cleared up my curiosity. I did indeed, at the recommendation of my sales associate at LSBH,
go with having a trial shoe made up first. Since it was my first encounter with Saint Crispins shoes, I was under the assumption that that was their standard
operating procedure.

In retrospect, I'm sure that having a trial shoe made was a direct contributor to my luck with fit and break-in time. Although, with Edward Green, I've never had a try on shoe made up and only had an issue when I ordered a pair with an 82 last. But that nightmare is another story for another forum. Again, thanks for your responses.

Cheers!
Well I have average feet I am US 9.5D & take 8.5UK for Stcrispin, Edward green & gaziano & girling 9Uk & for vass 42.5 EU & Enzo Bonafe 8.5Uk all worked very well no need to do any custome last etc. So in a way got lucky. But I do see were you are coming from.
post #4815 of 6348

Today.

 

Hosting provided by FotoTime 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread