or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 32

post #466 of 3063

Lovely!

What was the basic model - 116? Looks awfull in catalog, good on your pics.

And please  - what's the leather? always good to know.

post #467 of 3063
medtech, you've some smart pairs there! Wear them in health! I especially like the strong shape on the instep.

I can't recall if this SC 2012 workroom video has been shared on this thread already, but here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdtpMSaU58w
post #468 of 3063

I like this one even more.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uQE51-FuZg

post #469 of 3063
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat View Post

Some chukka love, both on a modified classic last, 8mm soles and heels elevated by 4mm. Check out the detail on the new laces (normal StC flat laces also provided).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




















Chukkas look great Eddie! I will probably order a pair as well at the StC trunk show in Stockholm beginning May.

What are the modfications you have done on the Classic last, slightly elongated I believe? Anything else?
post #470 of 3063
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusvs View Post

Received a couple of new goodies from Phillip today:

Cuban heels:

....

/..\
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusvs View Post

They're extra.

StC normal heel:

/,.\

sad heels
are sad
post #471 of 3063
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat View Post

Here's a comparison of my slightly elevated heels with the Cuban heels. Mine have essentially a vertical drop, whereas the Cubans appear to angle forward a bit.




are your heels
also sad
?
post #472 of 3063
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post


are your heels
also sad
?

 

why is SC making sad heels again?

post #473 of 3063
^
if you look at
where the upper
meets the heel
from the back

it looks from the photos
as if the inner (arch) side
is much higher
than the other

so it looks
to me like
sadface
or
sad eyebrows
post #474 of 3063
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat View Post

Some chukka love, both on a modified classic last, 8mm soles and heels elevated by 4mm. Check out the detail on the new laces (normal StC flat laces also provided).




















[/quote]

Very nice, great pics.
post #475 of 3063
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post

^
if you look at
where the upper
meets the heel
from the back

it looks from the photos
as if the inner (arch) side
is much higher
than the other

so it looks
to me like
sadface
or
sad eyebrows

 

i got that part.

 

was asking why SC making a twisted heel.

post #476 of 3063
I think that might be because it follows the human leg contour better? I know for one I tend to finish my sole in that slanted (sad face) way on my other shoes which has flat heels to begin with
post #477 of 3063

I don't know where I'd wear these, but I saw them in person and fell in love.  Must.... resist.....

 

 

 

post #478 of 3063
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgo View Post

I think that might be because it follows the human leg contour better? I know for one I tend to finish my sole in that slanted (sad face) way on my other shoes which has flat heels to begin with


Well in my case (and many others i believe) , I tend to finish my sole with the sad face in the opposite direction. So it seems odd to create a shoe that does not start off from a neural stance. Is there a clarification from StC on this matter?

post #479 of 3063
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgo View Post

I think that might be because it follows the human leg contour better? I know for one I tend to finish my sole in that slanted (sad face) way on my other shoes which has flat heels to begin with

 

confused.gif shape does not come default in even bespoke shoes. 

post #480 of 3063

I am sorry chogall, it is not clear to me what you mean by your statement

 

Could you clarify it?

 

Txs
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread