Cross post. MTO St. Crispin's from Leather Soul.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 4:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Today at 1:23 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 4
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47 of 40927/23/12 at 4:01pmNice shoes, JB.
User "Posh" from www.newsaboutshoes.de once repaired a St. Crispin.
She documented the whole process and revealed some details that she wasn't very happy about quality-wise. Anyway, if you're interested, here's the thread: http://www.newsaboutshoes.de/showthread.php?t=804 Maybe Google translate helps, otherwise PM me and I'll help as much as possible.post #48 of 40927/23/12 at 4:20pmpost #49 of 40927/23/12 at 5:10pmpost #50 of 40927/23/12 at 5:12pmpost #51 of 40927/23/12 at 5:14pmpost #52 of 40927/23/12 at 6:03pmpost #53 of 40927/23/12 at 6:20pmpost #54 of 40927/23/12 at 6:22pmpost #55 of 40927/23/12 at 6:26pmpost #56 of 40927/23/12 at 9:12pmpost #57 of 40927/23/12 at 9:34pmpost #58 of 40927/23/12 at 9:39pmQuote:
Thank you! Tom and I designed it by taking elements of the Dover and incorporating it into the JM Weston Chasse. We then added the Norwegian welt. I have a last at SC- not bespoke, but they took a standard last and modified it. Not sure what to call it. Anyhow, the shoe is available for special order at LS.
http://leathersoulhawaii.com/new-arrivals/post #59 of 40927/23/12 at 9:42pmpost #60 of 40927/23/12 at 9:52pm
The fit is great- SCs have a ton of stability at the arch due to wood pegs they put in at that area. While this pair lacks the pegs, it remains very stable at the arch. I wouldn't consider myself someone who needs arch support, but for some reason the added stability makes SCs extremely comfortable. SCs are the most comfortable RTW shoes IMHO.
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1638 Active Users (415 Members and 1223 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Patrik Ervell - Short Sleeve Swearhshirt - Grey - Large - NEW w/ tags 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge July 24th - Denim 3 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › Vass proxy service worldwide! 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...