or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 26

post #376 of 2964
Details, details, my man
post #377 of 2964

How about if I give you a hint?smile.gif

post #378 of 2964

It's made from is leather.smile.gif

post #379 of 2964

Part of the leather is made from horsies butt.smile.gif

post #380 of 2964

The shaft of the boot is made from Russian grain calf.smile.gif

post #381 of 2964
JB junior? With dainite?
post #382 of 2964

The PC Boot from Leather Soul.

post #383 of 2964
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


also fritzl swears by leather...

not exactly.

I hope this to be my absolute last post on this forum, so listen carefully.

I don't appreciate it to be referenced or quoted out of context from people who do not understand what I have to say about shoes, period. just avoid it, period.

spread the word. many thanks
Edited by fritzl - 3/17/13 at 5:21am
post #384 of 2964
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlau View Post

They are meant to be tight. My new pair that just came actually fits very tight compared to my other pair that I bought used on eBay. You will notice that each pair of shoe tree is actually made specifically to each order, you will see the order # under the hollow part of the instep. I believe StC is currently running around 10,000-11,000 order numbers. My pair that was order in October 2012 was order # 10678, and my older pair is #8,xxx.

If you find the shoe trees hard to put back into the shoes, you just gotta put it in slanted 45 degrees, tilted down towards the right for the right shoes, and left for the left shoes.

How tight doe your shoes fit in the toe box in comparison the the heel and across your instep/arch?
post #385 of 2964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike147 View Post

How tight doe your shoes fit in the toe box in comparison the the heel and across your instep/arch?

Are you referring to how my feet fits? My asian feet fits fine in a UK7F (I usually wear UK7.5) except that my pink toe is crushed on a normal width, so I had Phillip add some width to the toe box. Heel/Instep etc are fine, maybe slightly tight on the instep (which I would just not lace as tight)
post #386 of 2964
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlau View Post

Are you referring to how my feet fits? My asian feet fits fine in a UK7F (I usually wear UK7.5) except that my pink toe is crushed on a normal width, so I had Phillip add some width to the toe box. Heel/Instep etc are fine, maybe slightly tight on the instep (which I would just not lace as tight)

I am referring to feet for sure - I think there is a good degree of subjectivity to fit and I am accustomed to RTW shoes. So trying to better assess how tight is too tight when looking at bespoke and MTM. Sometimes I have to really break in and walk miles before I know for sure.
post #387 of 2964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike147 View Post

I am referring to feet for sure - I think there is a good degree of subjectivity to fit and I am accustomed to RTW shoes. So trying to better assess how tight is too tight when looking at bespoke and MTM. Sometimes I have to really break in and walk miles before I know for sure.

I actually have a pair of StC boots in UK7.5F that I got for cheap from ebay and wore today. The width on the UK7.5F seems to work better for me with less pinching, possible due to a longer toe, thus the width generally narrows down more gradual than a UK7. However, I believe I experience some heel slipping.

In general I think most people size down by 0.5 from their usual UK size for StC, and go a width or two up if needed. Again, the only surefire way is to try one out in real life. If you ever get the chance to MTO one, go for the Pret customized. It's about $200 extra, and I should have done that since I believe the width on my shoe needs some extra adjusting.
post #388 of 2964
Pret customized?

Is that the last adjustment options offered for different parts of the last?
post #389 of 2964
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

Pret customized?

Is that the last adjustment options offered for different parts of the last?

Yes, that is correct.
Fitting pieces are added to to accommodate problem areas.
In some cases the last can be shave off to fit.
For me this system is godsend having wide forefeet and narrow ankles. The end results is almost perfect fit without going to bespoke.

post #390 of 2964
I have contacted LS but they won't do remote fitting. And Mr. Car won't advise my sizing/adjustments with my own outline/measurement.

So it can wait until I visit Hawaii or SoCal... And in the meanwhile, I will see how G&G bespoke turns out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread