Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:18 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 5:20pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Yesterday at 11:26 pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 22post #316 of 53103/14/13 at 6:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #317 of 53103/14/13 at 6:07pmpost #318 of 53103/14/13 at 6:07pmpost #319 of 53103/14/13 at 6:07pmpost #320 of 53103/14/13 at 6:32pmpost #321 of 53103/14/13 at 6:51pmpost #322 of 53103/14/13 at 6:56pmQuote:
I will post some pics tomorrow of a pair I have on the classic last that I have worn for six months or so. I can say that in my situation the creasing that occurs across the front when worn the first few times does not get worse over time. The shoe look pretty much the same as when I wore them the first few times (i.e. the leather is aging well).post #323 of 53103/14/13 at 7:29pmWhen I read the posts, I notice a lot of familiar contributors. Could some one give me a short crash course on StC? I currently have experience with Alden and EG. In contrast to EG which I believe is a better comparison, how does the sizing compare are the lasts generally sleeker than eg? From the photos I'vr seen the construction seems spot on. Are the considered to be more on par with eg,s top drawer offerings?post #324 of 53103/14/13 at 8:11pmpost #325 of 53103/14/13 at 8:24pmpost #326 of 53103/14/13 at 10:49pmpost #327 of 53103/15/13 at 2:36am
yes, based on the creasing alone, i find it difficult to distinguish a week old shoe from a 6 month old shoe. creases fast and then doesnt crease at all. good and bad i guessQuote:Originally Posted by Ejirardo
I will post some pics tomorrow of a pair I have on the classic last that I have worn for six months or so. I can say that in my situation the creasing that occurs across the front when worn the first few times does not get worse over time. The shoe look pretty much the same as when I wore them the first few times (i.e. the leather is aging well).
thanks! looking forward to them.post #328 of 53103/15/13 at 2:50ampost #329 of 53103/15/13 at 2:54ampost #330 of 53103/15/13 at 2:59amQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
looks like leather http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2012/12/29/saint-crispins-the-pc-boot-lsw/
perhaps your makeup can have dainite?
I know the picture on the website is, however I spoke with them yesterday and you can get them in Dainite if you wish. They said I could, they are MTO.
I just wondered if it would change the look of the boot much if I ordered them with Dainite. I wouldn't think it would, but just checking.
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 6 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 28 seconds ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 30 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 39 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...