Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 5:57 am in Classic Menswear
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Today at 1:44 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 21
Styleforum Top Pickspost #302 of 41163/11/13 at 7:29ampost #303 of 41163/14/13 at 3:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by JoeGat
2- 401 Balmoral boot in thick but very soft hide, nice heavy firm but supple scotch grain shaft, sensually soft and smooth inner lining, worked to perfection by the most expert hands. This is what "hand made" is supposed to mean.
Note the particularly beautiful marbled shoe. Coffee and chocolate on a bed of golden butter and bronze. These are absolutely spectacular!
Fit? Well, they feel like all the angels in heaven were sent down to massage your feet all day.
I know they are affiliate SF vendors and I should not say anything bad about them here, but hey, I need to say it like it is, trust me, EG and G&G don't come anywhere even close to SC, not even by a very, very, long, long mile.
At this quality I would be happy to pay St Crispins double the price which the average boring old "yesterday's hero" EG charges for their very average quality with their ill fitting shoe trees, or the over rated GG shoes, but, at similar prices? it is just a no brainer? These SC's are mega bargains, I cannot think of better bang for my buck.
Also, buying SC is a much easier and smoother transaction than any of the annoying experiences I always have with the English MTO and RTW brands.
My only gripe is that SC used to supply boot trees and I am experiencing a little trouble finding boot trees for this pair of 401's
These are one sweet looking pair of boots.post #304 of 41163/14/13 at 3:40pmpost #305 of 41163/14/13 at 3:40pmpost #306 of 41163/14/13 at 5:00pm
I have a pair of these lightly used in UK Size 10.5/US Size 11.5 that I am looking to unload if anybody has any interest. I have a pair of full brogues in the classic last and given my wide foot the classic last fits me a bit better then the chisled last which is what I have in this model.post #307 of 41163/14/13 at 5:03pmpost #308 of 41163/14/13 at 5:07pmThe chisled last actually fits pretty well. The issue I have is that my foot is a bit wide and so my right pinkie toe is pushed up against the side and so it becomes a bit uncomfortable for me. If someone had a normal width foot the shoe would fit great. The left foot actually fits me well and the shoes are sleek as hell. If I would have gone MTO with Saint Crispin on this pair I would have asked them to widen the toe box slightly on the right foot and all would be well.
Here is a pic of how the shoes look from up top.post #309 of 41163/14/13 at 5:14pmpost #310 of 41163/14/13 at 5:15pmpost #311 of 41163/14/13 at 5:23pmpost #312 of 41163/14/13 at 5:24pmpost #313 of 41163/14/13 at 5:24pmpost #314 of 41163/14/13 at 5:29pm
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 seconds ago
- › No Brogue or Semi Brogue for Interview 32 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 33 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 51 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 4 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › WTB: ToJ CWU-45 to fit close to ~50 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...