Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 5:20pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on 2/10/16 at 11:26pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 21
Styleforum Top Pickspost #302 of 53153/11/13 at 7:29ampost #303 of 53153/14/13 at 3:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by JoeGat
2- 401 Balmoral boot in thick but very soft hide, nice heavy firm but supple scotch grain shaft, sensually soft and smooth inner lining, worked to perfection by the most expert hands. This is what "hand made" is supposed to mean.
Note the particularly beautiful marbled shoe. Coffee and chocolate on a bed of golden butter and bronze. These are absolutely spectacular!
Fit? Well, they feel like all the angels in heaven were sent down to massage your feet all day.
I know they are affiliate SF vendors and I should not say anything bad about them here, but hey, I need to say it like it is, trust me, EG and G&G don't come anywhere even close to SC, not even by a very, very, long, long mile.
At this quality I would be happy to pay St Crispins double the price which the average boring old "yesterday's hero" EG charges for their very average quality with their ill fitting shoe trees, or the over rated GG shoes, but, at similar prices? it is just a no brainer? These SC's are mega bargains, I cannot think of better bang for my buck.
Also, buying SC is a much easier and smoother transaction than any of the annoying experiences I always have with the English MTO and RTW brands.
My only gripe is that SC used to supply boot trees and I am experiencing a little trouble finding boot trees for this pair of 401's
These are one sweet looking pair of boots.post #304 of 53153/14/13 at 3:40pmpost #305 of 53153/14/13 at 3:40pmpost #306 of 53153/14/13 at 5:00pm
I have a pair of these lightly used in UK Size 10.5/US Size 11.5 that I am looking to unload if anybody has any interest. I have a pair of full brogues in the classic last and given my wide foot the classic last fits me a bit better then the chisled last which is what I have in this model.post #307 of 53153/14/13 at 5:03pmpost #308 of 53153/14/13 at 5:07pmThe chisled last actually fits pretty well. The issue I have is that my foot is a bit wide and so my right pinkie toe is pushed up against the side and so it becomes a bit uncomfortable for me. If someone had a normal width foot the shoe would fit great. The left foot actually fits me well and the shoes are sleek as hell. If I would have gone MTO with Saint Crispin on this pair I would have asked them to widen the toe box slightly on the right foot and all would be well.
Here is a pic of how the shoes look from up top.post #309 of 53153/14/13 at 5:14pmpost #310 of 53153/14/13 at 5:15pmpost #311 of 53153/14/13 at 5:23pmpost #312 of 53153/14/13 at 5:24pmpost #313 of 53153/14/13 at 5:24pmpost #314 of 53153/14/13 at 5:29pm
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › BASICALLY GIVING THIS AWAY: Eidos Napoli Tipo Teal/Char-Brown Linen... 4 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?