Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:21 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:58 am in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 4:54 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 21post #302 of 57923/11/13 at 7:29ampost #303 of 57923/14/13 at 3:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by JoeGat
2- 401 Balmoral boot in thick but very soft hide, nice heavy firm but supple scotch grain shaft, sensually soft and smooth inner lining, worked to perfection by the most expert hands. This is what "hand made" is supposed to mean.
Note the particularly beautiful marbled shoe. Coffee and chocolate on a bed of golden butter and bronze. These are absolutely spectacular!
Fit? Well, they feel like all the angels in heaven were sent down to massage your feet all day.
I know they are affiliate SF vendors and I should not say anything bad about them here, but hey, I need to say it like it is, trust me, EG and G&G don't come anywhere even close to SC, not even by a very, very, long, long mile.
At this quality I would be happy to pay St Crispins double the price which the average boring old "yesterday's hero" EG charges for their very average quality with their ill fitting shoe trees, or the over rated GG shoes, but, at similar prices? it is just a no brainer? These SC's are mega bargains, I cannot think of better bang for my buck.
Also, buying SC is a much easier and smoother transaction than any of the annoying experiences I always have with the English MTO and RTW brands.
My only gripe is that SC used to supply boot trees and I am experiencing a little trouble finding boot trees for this pair of 401's
These are one sweet looking pair of boots.post #304 of 57923/14/13 at 3:40pmpost #305 of 57923/14/13 at 3:40pmpost #306 of 57923/14/13 at 5:00pm
I have a pair of these lightly used in UK Size 10.5/US Size 11.5 that I am looking to unload if anybody has any interest. I have a pair of full brogues in the classic last and given my wide foot the classic last fits me a bit better then the chisled last which is what I have in this model.post #307 of 57923/14/13 at 5:03pmpost #308 of 57923/14/13 at 5:07pmThe chisled last actually fits pretty well. The issue I have is that my foot is a bit wide and so my right pinkie toe is pushed up against the side and so it becomes a bit uncomfortable for me. If someone had a normal width foot the shoe would fit great. The left foot actually fits me well and the shoes are sleek as hell. If I would have gone MTO with Saint Crispin on this pair I would have asked them to widen the toe box slightly on the right foot and all would be well.
Here is a pic of how the shoes look from up top.post #309 of 57923/14/13 at 5:14pmpost #310 of 57923/14/13 at 5:15pmpost #311 of 57923/14/13 at 5:23pmpost #312 of 57923/14/13 at 5:24pmpost #313 of 57923/14/13 at 5:24pmpost #314 of 57923/14/13 at 5:29pmpost #315 of 57923/14/13 at 5:36pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 44 seconds ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 25 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 27 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 28 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 29 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding