Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 9/24/16 at 9:17pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Yesterday at 11:11 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 21post #302 of 60693/11/13 at 7:29ampost #303 of 60693/14/13 at 3:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by JoeGat
2- 401 Balmoral boot in thick but very soft hide, nice heavy firm but supple scotch grain shaft, sensually soft and smooth inner lining, worked to perfection by the most expert hands. This is what "hand made" is supposed to mean.
Note the particularly beautiful marbled shoe. Coffee and chocolate on a bed of golden butter and bronze. These are absolutely spectacular!
Fit? Well, they feel like all the angels in heaven were sent down to massage your feet all day.
I know they are affiliate SF vendors and I should not say anything bad about them here, but hey, I need to say it like it is, trust me, EG and G&G don't come anywhere even close to SC, not even by a very, very, long, long mile.
At this quality I would be happy to pay St Crispins double the price which the average boring old "yesterday's hero" EG charges for their very average quality with their ill fitting shoe trees, or the over rated GG shoes, but, at similar prices? it is just a no brainer? These SC's are mega bargains, I cannot think of better bang for my buck.
Also, buying SC is a much easier and smoother transaction than any of the annoying experiences I always have with the English MTO and RTW brands.
My only gripe is that SC used to supply boot trees and I am experiencing a little trouble finding boot trees for this pair of 401's
These are one sweet looking pair of boots.post #304 of 60693/14/13 at 3:40pmpost #305 of 60693/14/13 at 3:40pmpost #306 of 60693/14/13 at 5:00pm
I have a pair of these lightly used in UK Size 10.5/US Size 11.5 that I am looking to unload if anybody has any interest. I have a pair of full brogues in the classic last and given my wide foot the classic last fits me a bit better then the chisled last which is what I have in this model.post #307 of 60693/14/13 at 5:03pmpost #308 of 60693/14/13 at 5:07pmThe chisled last actually fits pretty well. The issue I have is that my foot is a bit wide and so my right pinkie toe is pushed up against the side and so it becomes a bit uncomfortable for me. If someone had a normal width foot the shoe would fit great. The left foot actually fits me well and the shoes are sleek as hell. If I would have gone MTO with Saint Crispin on this pair I would have asked them to widen the toe box slightly on the right foot and all would be well.
Here is a pic of how the shoes look from up top.post #309 of 60693/14/13 at 5:14pmpost #310 of 60693/14/13 at 5:15pmpost #311 of 60693/14/13 at 5:23pmpost #312 of 60693/14/13 at 5:24pmpost #313 of 60693/14/13 at 5:24pmpost #314 of 60693/14/13 at 5:29pmpost #315 of 60693/14/13 at 5:36pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 23 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 34 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 44 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 50 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 7 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...