or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 169

post #2521 of 2923
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobochobo View Post

I've been tempted by the Simply seamless due to the technical achievement, but it always seemed a bit 'blobby' to me.

 

I think it's absolutely stunning.  What holds me back is the steep premium over the very nearly as nice standard wholecut.

post #2522 of 2923
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I think it's absolutely stunning.  What holds me back is the steep premium over the very nearly as nice standard wholecut.

How much is that premium for seamless whole-cut? What's the total price?
post #2523 of 2923
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post


How much is that premium for seamless whole-cut? What's the total price?

 

Been a little while since I bought my chukkas, which was the last time I checked them out, so I'm not solid on the exact numbers.  But I recall something in the neighborhood of an $800 premium - and remember thinking what a nice second pair of shoes that would buy.

 

Of course, with sufficiently deep pockets, such considerations are irrelevant.  And I absolutely get the appeal of the seamless in terms of aesthetics, exclusivity and craftsmanship.  They are simply terrific. :)

post #2524 of 2923
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Been a little while since I bought my chukkas, which was the last time I checked them out, so I'm not solid on the exact numbers.  But I recall something in the neighborhood of an $800 premium - and remember thinking what a nice second pair of shoes that would buy.

Of course, with sufficiently deep pockets, such considerations are irrelevant.  And I absolutely get the appeal of the seamless in terms of aesthetics, exclusivity and craftsmanship.  They are simply terrific. smile.gif

Thank you that indeed is steep premium. I might drop by St. Crispin trunk show this November in NY to check them out. The ting is I am really find it hard to justify that kind of the price but one can never know.
I have a pair of vass that are essentially two cut model, there is no stitching at the back of the shoe and I must admit it looks sexy.
post #2525 of 2923
I inquired with Philip about a seamless whole cut with a side lace kind of like Berluti. He said he could do it, then again I have the same hang ups as Roger. I will probably do it after I own 30 shoes or something.
post #2526 of 2923
20140825_164935_zpsxejh5vz5.jpg
post #2527 of 2923
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post
 

One of my favourite shots.. These shoes (and the whole outfit) is just perfection.

 

AppleMark

 

You should see the texture on that jacket in person.  The picture doesn't do it justice.

post #2528 of 2923
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffArmoury View Post

You should see the texture on that jacket in person.  The picture doesn't do it justice.

Do the flood pants look shorter in person?
post #2529 of 2923
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post


Do the flood pants look shorter in person?

 

You should open your mouth a little wider when you speak

post #2530 of 2923
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffArmoury View Post

You should open your mouth a little wider when you speak

Would it make my pants shorter?
post #2531 of 2923
Short trous are short, let's agree on this. We do like to see shoes but no socks while standing.
post #2532 of 2923
I see nothing wrong with the length of those trousers.
post #2533 of 2923
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I see nothing wrong with the length of those trousers.

Agreed, they probably lifted slightly when he leaned his head over anyways...
post #2534 of 2923
I have a funny story about capri pants for men. A friend of my parent's, this woman is a real character. She was at Barney's in Manhattan and she was telling her husband how stupid dudes look in capri pants. Saying horrible things really loud like she does. Then she looks over and sees Paul McCartney shopping there wearing capri pants. She's like, holy hell, fucking McCartney's wearing them now! This is ridiculous. Then like a week later she was at her place in the Hamptons and she went out shopping and who does she see wearing capri pants? McCartney! He goes up to her and says, yeah, yeah I know! Shush about the pants!

I thought it was funny. I just think it is awesome that her lifestyle parallels somebody like McCartney's. Must be nice.
post #2535 of 2923

Capri pants are still not ok! 

 

 

But fun story :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread