Thanks. Yes, a modified classic last.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 1:53 am in Classic Menswear
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Today at 3:48 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 153post #2281 of 40975/13/14 at 12:21am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2282 of 40975/13/14 at 8:44amQuote:
Good eye, I did not notice this and I'm usually pretty good at picking things like this up. I think with the marbled color it didn't jump out to me.Quote:Originally Posted by DWFII
These "creases" are what's known as "fat wrinkles." As a general rule, they only appear in the shoulder and margins of the hide. Best practices dictates that vamps be cut from prime leather...in the best part of the hide--the kidney area. Prime on any hide is roughly one third the total square footage.
Thanks for the info. I assume that this will always be there and no product will be absorbed there? I would think that with the finishing that St Crispin did and it is still there it would always stay that way.Quote:
I completely agree with this. I went home and checked my pair and it does not have the issues that the pictured one did have. If it did, I don't know if I could've got too upset since I did get them through their last pair page. I would expect a small company like them that says they use onlly top quality materials to not have this issue. But then again, I am an ignorant amerecaan.post #2283 of 40975/14/14 at 1:54amQuote:
Started off wanting something like a deep eggplant/ burgundy mix....but that was not possible....so they made it a bit darker while building them....but i think the reseller i bought from ended up polishing them with a lot of black.post #2284 of 40975/14/14 at 6:00pmQuote:
Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you.post #2285 of 40975/15/14 at 5:31pmpost #2286 of 40975/15/14 at 10:57pmpost #2287 of 40975/16/14 at 5:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Germanicus
Well, it's, at least to a certain degree, a handmade product made from natural materials, so there will always be incosistencies, wheter you can see them or not. Unlike EG or JL they don't increase their prices every 6 months and despite working in low income Romania their workers want to be paid and compared to the English makers they don't have the same upcharge in the US. They are a small company doing their best in producing nicely styled shoes and probably can't afford to accomodate every Americans wishes who dislikes the fact that nature still exists and has an influence on a natural product. Go and check the seats in you BMW and you will finde the same inconsistencies if you look closeley, the leather has only received a heavier chemical treatment. Or easier, just make yourself believe it's the sprezzatura you all love so much, it'll ease your mind.
We appreciate natural leather products has its flaws and blemishes.
We appreciate SC a small and well run workshop which keeps productions to a ceiling to maintain QC.
We appreciate SC produce one of the finest RTW set of shoes amongst its peers.
What we don't appreciate are sub-standard products that should not have left the factory QC department in the first place.
For goodness sake, stop comparing this product to a BMW. It's far superior.post #2288 of 40975/17/14 at 8:34ampost #2289 of 40975/18/14 at 7:41pmpost #2290 of 40975/20/14 at 7:38ampost #2291 of 40975/20/14 at 7:47ampost #2292 of 40975/20/14 at 7:51ampost #2293 of 40975/20/14 at 7:54ampost #2294 of 40975/20/14 at 8:24am
...if this isn't lifestyle dandyism, as defined by seeing the unnecessary stylistic trouble for the process alone, then nothing is. I have a Rubinacci handkerchief, one L. Fellows print and a portrait of Brummell hanging on the wall. This shuu portrait is unnervingly inspirational. My thumb goes out to your illustrative friend.
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Jackets: Filson Antique Lined Jac-Shirt, Fred Perry limited plaid... 31 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 32 seconds ago
- › Made to Measure Suits, Higgins and Brown Vs Steed 2 minutes ago
- › All Things Hippity and Hoppity 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 6 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...