Thanks. Yes, a modified classic last.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:47 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/18/17 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 12:33pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 4:08 am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 153post #2281 of 63485/13/14 at 12:21ampost #2282 of 63485/13/14 at 8:44amQuote:
Good eye, I did not notice this and I'm usually pretty good at picking things like this up. I think with the marbled color it didn't jump out to me.Quote:Originally Posted by DWFII
These "creases" are what's known as "fat wrinkles." As a general rule, they only appear in the shoulder and margins of the hide. Best practices dictates that vamps be cut from prime leather...in the best part of the hide--the kidney area. Prime on any hide is roughly one third the total square footage.
Thanks for the info. I assume that this will always be there and no product will be absorbed there? I would think that with the finishing that St Crispin did and it is still there it would always stay that way.Quote:
I completely agree with this. I went home and checked my pair and it does not have the issues that the pictured one did have. If it did, I don't know if I could've got too upset since I did get them through their last pair page. I would expect a small company like them that says they use onlly top quality materials to not have this issue. But then again, I am an ignorant amerecaan.post #2283 of 63485/14/14 at 1:54amQuote:
Started off wanting something like a deep eggplant/ burgundy mix....but that was not possible....so they made it a bit darker while building them....but i think the reseller i bought from ended up polishing them with a lot of black.post #2284 of 63485/14/14 at 6:00pmQuote:
Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you.post #2285 of 63485/15/14 at 5:31pmpost #2286 of 63485/15/14 at 10:57pmpost #2287 of 63485/16/14 at 5:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Germanicus
Well, it's, at least to a certain degree, a handmade product made from natural materials, so there will always be incosistencies, wheter you can see them or not. Unlike EG or JL they don't increase their prices every 6 months and despite working in low income Romania their workers want to be paid and compared to the English makers they don't have the same upcharge in the US. They are a small company doing their best in producing nicely styled shoes and probably can't afford to accomodate every Americans wishes who dislikes the fact that nature still exists and has an influence on a natural product. Go and check the seats in you BMW and you will finde the same inconsistencies if you look closeley, the leather has only received a heavier chemical treatment. Or easier, just make yourself believe it's the sprezzatura you all love so much, it'll ease your mind.
We appreciate natural leather products has its flaws and blemishes.
We appreciate SC a small and well run workshop which keeps productions to a ceiling to maintain QC.
We appreciate SC produce one of the finest RTW set of shoes amongst its peers.
What we don't appreciate are sub-standard products that should not have left the factory QC department in the first place.
For goodness sake, stop comparing this product to a BMW. It's far superior.post #2288 of 63485/17/14 at 8:34ampost #2289 of 63485/18/14 at 7:41pmpost #2290 of 63485/20/14 at 7:38ampost #2291 of 63485/20/14 at 7:47ampost #2292 of 63485/20/14 at 7:51ampost #2293 of 63485/20/14 at 7:54ampost #2294 of 63485/20/14 at 8:24am
...if this isn't lifestyle dandyism, as defined by seeing the unnecessary stylistic trouble for the process alone, then nothing is. I have a Rubinacci handkerchief, one L. Fellows print and a portrait of Brummell hanging on the wall. This shuu portrait is unnervingly inspirational. My thumb goes out to your illustrative friend.post #2295 of 63485/20/14 at 8:11pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 minute ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Silvano Lattanzi x Jil Sander black boots (EU 39.5) 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 12 minutes ago
- › Engineerd Garments Workaday Plum Stripe Oxford-Size Small 13 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...