Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:25 am in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 5:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Today at 3:30 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 16
Styleforum Top Pickspost #227 of 40921/2/13 at 7:26pmanyone here cross shop their St Crispins with Anthony Cleverley semi-bespoke? or own both? I have a pair of St C but I haven't had any experience with AC, although the Leather Soul guys reserve the highest praise for AC (they offer both so I assume no bias)
if so your insights would be appreciatedpost #228 of 40921/2/13 at 8:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by HRoi
anyone here cross shop their St Crispins with Anthony Cleverley semi-bespoke? or own both? I have a pair of St C but I haven't had any experience with AC, although the Leather Soul guys reserve the highest praise for AC (they offer both so I assume no bias)
if so your insights would be appreciated
AC semi-bespoke is very under radar but styles are limited. Also, who do they employ to do the hand lasting/welting is also in question.post #229 of 40921/2/13 at 8:53pmpost #230 of 40921/3/13 at 6:24amQuote:thanks, this is a good comparison and your input is much appreciated. basically looking for something that is St. Crispin level in quality and finishing, but maybe styled more in the English traditionOriginally Posted by JoeGat
For what it is worth, I think you can't go wrong with AC for quality. Personally I find everything from the Cleverley stable to be very good value for money and, strangely, very under the radar with consumers, compared to other more over rated brands.
The Cleverley's product range is practical. It starts at entry level where styles and quality are perhaps the best value for money, right through to bespoke, where there is a no nonsense, practical and non-pompous professionalism applied to their products and service which just works really well for me.
Leather Soul are also my favorite retailers, and the great relationship between the Glasgows and LS is obvious, so perhaps I have some bias there, but I can confidently state that it is unlikely that any AC client would be disappointed by either their product or their service, especially if the purchase was done through a retailer like Tom Parks of LS.post #231 of 40921/3/13 at 7:42ampost #232 of 40921/3/13 at 3:04pmpost #233 of 40921/3/13 at 3:11pmpost #234 of 40921/3/13 at 3:20pmpost #235 of 40921/3/13 at 3:45pmpost #236 of 40921/3/13 at 5:31pmpost #237 of 40921/3/13 at 7:40pmpost #238 of 40921/3/13 at 9:50pmpost #239 of 40921/4/13 at 12:55pmpost #240 of 40921/7/13 at 7:05am
For those who thinks St.Crispin's is too expensive there is a chance to buy few stock models on a winter -30% sale from the Paris retailer.
Prices without VAT:
MODELS SAINT CRISPIN'S 105, 115, 303, 523.
€ 994,98 HT (non-EU members only) SALE PRICE -30% € 696,49 HT
€ 1053,51 HT (non-EU members only) SALE PRICE -30% € 737,46 HT
Even if you don't find your model on site, fill free to build your own MTO. Denis is a great man, willing to communicate, hope my own MTO will be amazing!
There are also G&G models on sale, will post'em in that thread
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Australian Members 23 seconds ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › common projects combat boots 17 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 20 minutes ago
- › RRL,LVC OAK STREET BOOTS, LAWLESS DENIM & WALLET SALE 21 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...