or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 148

post #2206 of 2824
Those will look awesome
post #2207 of 2824

A fine choice - I'll look forward to the pics down the road.

post #2208 of 2824

that blue leatherfoot example is pretty sweet

post #2209 of 2824
Some photos from the LSBH Trunk Show. Phillip Carr was very accommodating checking the fit on my StC. LSBH were great as usual. I did not purchase anything this time.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







My StC U-CAP Color 608, Chiseled Last
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Edited by badsha - 5/1/14 at 5:00pm
post #2210 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by badsha View Post

Some photos from the LSBH Trunk Show. Phillip Carr was very accommodating checking the fit on my StC. LSBH were great as usual. I did not purchase anything this time.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







My StC U-CAP Color 608, Chiseled Last
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Looks great, how's the fit?
post #2211 of 2824
Fit was pretty good. Tight in the little toe area, Phillip said it will require break in. He mentioned the fit was pretty damned good. But, he could the lower the instep with a personalized last. He could then use that personalized last for loafers as well.
post #2212 of 2824

new Mtos just came in 

 

forgive the atrocious carpeting

 

 

post #2213 of 2824
Stopped in at Wingtip yesterday in San Francisco for the Saint Crispin trunk show. There were a steady flow of customers. They let me take a pair up to the club bar for a photo. While doing so, one of the members immediatly noticed them and said, "I love Saint Crispin's. I have 4 pairs including these" (show the shoes he was wearing).

post #2214 of 2824
The look and finish of these shoes is beautiful isn't it?


post #2215 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

Stopped in at Wingtip yesterday in San Francisco for the Saint Crispin trunk show. There were a steady flow of customers. They let me take a pair up to the club bar for a photo. While doing so, one of the members immediatly noticed them and said, "I love Saint Crispin's. I have 4 pairs including these" (show the shoes he was wearing).

Simply beautiful. They have a class and a unique elegance.

post #2216 of 2824
I think they offer a more attractive brown and tan finish color than Lobb, but I have no experience with them to compare how they wear over time. To me Lobbs have been my most all-around comfortable dress shoes that also look their best after many years of wear and polishings. I attribute that to the quality of the leather.
post #2217 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

Stopped in at Wingtip yesterday in San Francisco for the Saint Crispin trunk show. There were a steady flow of customers. They let me take a pair up to the club bar for a photo. While doing so, one of the members immediatly noticed them and said, "I love Saint Crispin's. I have 4 pairs including these" (show the shoes he was wearing).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Was sitting at the bar while you snapped those photos. Great setting for it.

Those saddle bluchers are really spectacular. I had thought my next order would be slip-ons or chukkas, but those are so great IRL that I may change my plan.
post #2218 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

The look and finish of these shoes is beautiful isn't it?


 

LOVE this pair.

post #2219 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by badsha View Post

Fit was pretty good. Tight in the little toe area, Phillip said it will require break in. He mentioned the fit was pretty damned good. But, he could the lower the instep with a personalized last. He could then use that personalized last for loafers as well.

It should be tight at the beginning they will break in quickly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

The look and finish of these shoes is beautiful isn't it?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I think I just find my perfect derby. Beautiful!
post #2220 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

 

LOVE this pair.

I fully agree!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread