you nailed it mr. Booth
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 1:53 am in Classic Menswear
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Today at 1:01 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 147post #2191 of 41164/28/14 at 6:29am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2192 of 41164/28/14 at 6:30amI love some G&G styles, but they just don't fit me great. Kill my feet, can't wear them for more than a couple of hours at a time. For the money you're not getting the construction quality of St. Crispins, you're waiting longer for orders, and the price of resoles is much higher (more than double), and they don't accommodate fit issues like St. Crispins does. No brainer in my opinion.post #2193 of 41164/28/14 at 8:44ampost #2194 of 41164/28/14 at 9:03ampost #2195 of 41164/28/14 at 9:06amQuote:Quote:post #2196 of 41164/28/14 at 9:30ampost #2197 of 41164/28/14 at 9:34ampost #2198 of 41164/28/14 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by chogall
SC MTO has the best fit for me aside from bespoke. Leather quality isn't bad either and the cost of ownership including resoling is likely more reasonable.
And of course, the wait time is only 3 months +- couple weeks vs. G&G's 9 months.
But for bespoke, G&G is way better than SC.
I have been waiting for my G&G since August 2013. I agree, not sure If I can wait that long anymore.post #2199 of 41164/28/14 at 11:06ampost #2200 of 41164/28/14 at 1:12pmQuote:
Given that G&G did move to a new factory and opened a new storefront, its more than understandable that the lead time will be slightly longer for last years order...post #2201 of 41164/28/14 at 6:02pmpost #2202 of 41164/28/14 at 7:29pmQuote:
I've waited 10 months before for Edward Green MTOs. I think the variance in time really has to do with when you order and how varying it is from rtw models.post #2203 of 41164/29/14 at 11:20amQuote:
Pretty much standard, Vintage Chestnut Rothchild E width, asked for a darker version of the Vintage Chesnut. Debating whether to go to St. Crispin's Trunkshow. Not planning on buying any shoes this time.post #2204 of 41164/29/14 at 1:26pmI had the pleasure of attending the STC trunkshow this afternoon at LSBH and I really enjoyed the experience, particularly discussing options with Phillip Car. I fit pretty well into the standard STC last, particularly the classic last and after taking a look at my fit, Phillip agreed that no last adjustment was needed.
I ended up going with a pair of the attached Cap Toe Derby boots in Dark Brown Inca leather with a GEYO sole.
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1167 Active Users (211 Members and 956 Guests)
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 46 seconds ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 4 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 12 minutes ago
- › NIB Shoes from John Lobb and Gaziano & Girling - Sizes 9.5-10 UK... 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...