you nailed it mr. Booth
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 10:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:26 am in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Yesterday at 4:05 am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 147post #2191 of 53164/28/14 at 6:29am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2192 of 53164/28/14 at 6:30amI love some G&G styles, but they just don't fit me great. Kill my feet, can't wear them for more than a couple of hours at a time. For the money you're not getting the construction quality of St. Crispins, you're waiting longer for orders, and the price of resoles is much higher (more than double), and they don't accommodate fit issues like St. Crispins does. No brainer in my opinion.post #2193 of 53164/28/14 at 8:44ampost #2194 of 53164/28/14 at 9:03ampost #2195 of 53164/28/14 at 9:06amQuote:Quote:post #2196 of 53164/28/14 at 9:30ampost #2197 of 53164/28/14 at 9:34ampost #2198 of 53164/28/14 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by chogall
SC MTO has the best fit for me aside from bespoke. Leather quality isn't bad either and the cost of ownership including resoling is likely more reasonable.
And of course, the wait time is only 3 months +- couple weeks vs. G&G's 9 months.
But for bespoke, G&G is way better than SC.
I have been waiting for my G&G since August 2013. I agree, not sure If I can wait that long anymore.post #2199 of 53164/28/14 at 11:06ampost #2200 of 53164/28/14 at 1:12pmQuote:
Given that G&G did move to a new factory and opened a new storefront, its more than understandable that the lead time will be slightly longer for last years order...post #2201 of 53164/28/14 at 6:02pmpost #2202 of 53164/28/14 at 7:29pmQuote:
I've waited 10 months before for Edward Green MTOs. I think the variance in time really has to do with when you order and how varying it is from rtw models.post #2203 of 53164/29/14 at 11:20amQuote:
Pretty much standard, Vintage Chestnut Rothchild E width, asked for a darker version of the Vintage Chesnut. Debating whether to go to St. Crispin's Trunkshow. Not planning on buying any shoes this time.post #2204 of 53164/29/14 at 1:26pmI had the pleasure of attending the STC trunkshow this afternoon at LSBH and I really enjoyed the experience, particularly discussing options with Phillip Car. I fit pretty well into the standard STC last, particularly the classic last and after taking a look at my fit, Phillip agreed that no last adjustment was needed.
I ended up going with a pair of the attached Cap Toe Derby boots in Dark Brown Inca leather with a GEYO sole.
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Currently, there are 1237 Active Users (222 Members and 1015 Guests)
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 13 minutes ago
- › Tailor in London for a classic navy three piece wedding suit 14 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 16 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 18 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 19 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.