Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 1:53 am in Classic Menswear
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Today at 1:01 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 144
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2147 of 41164/18/14 at 11:05amQuote:
Yeah I have similar pret adjustment made, they should fit you well heel wisepost #2148 of 41164/18/14 at 12:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by Shouldaville
Regarding the LS Last Pairs, if you want them perfect (no signs of shop wear), you may want to ask about the condition or for a photo. I've had a few Last Pairs that looked 100% new and fresh out of the box, but some of the Saint Crispin's have been around for nearly three years now. The pair I received had creasing and the highly polished areas had some checking in the finish. With the deal, they were fine with me, and would look similar after a few wears anyway. I just hit them with conditioner/polish and they are already one of my favorites.
+1 just got a pair of 106's off their last pair. One shoe has been tried on and worn as it has slight creasing. Doesn't bother me as they will have this after me wearing.Quote:
I have no experience with the classic, but the sailor on my boots is great. The chiseled, I wouldn't say that very quickly.Quote:
I am having this issue with the pair that I just got, has anyone else had this? The shoe is very stiff right now, wondering if it will loosen up and not dig in as much as time goes on.post #2149 of 41164/18/14 at 2:42pm@DpprDr, yes, you will be ok with a UK 6F, or US 7D in leathersoul. It does have higher and very contoured heel cup, I use a customised classic last, been relasted due to a painful 1st modification.
@jkater1, their leather is very stiff and will be painful if one area isn't the right fit.post #2150 of 41164/18/14 at 3:42pmQuick question, I've read through the thread and see that Saphir Reno is a no no. On my boots the base leather is starting to look very dry and looks kind of like dry cracking skin. Normally I would hit this up with Reno. Picture isn't great but kind of shows what they look like. Thoughts on treatment?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpost #2151 of 41164/18/14 at 3:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by jkater1
Quick question, I've read through the thread and see that Saphir Reno is a no no. On my boots the base leather is starting to look very dry and looks kind of like dry cracking skin. Normally I would hit this up with Reno. Picture isn't great but kind of shows what they look like. Thoughts on treatment?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have been using the Lexol leather conditioner. And the result is quite satisfactory.post #2152 of 41164/18/14 at 5:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by jkater1
+1 just got a pair of 106's off their last pair. One shoe has been tried on and worn as it has slight creasing. Doesn't bother me as they will have this after me wearing.
I have no experience with the classic, but the sailor on my boots is great. The chiseled, I wouldn't say that very quickly.
I am having this issue with the pair that I just got, has anyone else had this? The shoe is very stiff right now, wondering if it will loosen up and not dig in as much as time goes on.
It will break in after a few wears, but optimally its best to request MTO with a lowered top line. Alternatively, you could use a heel cushion to lift your ankles a bit higher.post #2153 of 41164/18/14 at 11:27pmpost #2154 of 41164/19/14 at 3:33pmpost #2155 of 41164/19/14 at 4:16pmQuote:
Probably not. I got mine the when they had them some up on the last pair page a few weeks ago they sold them all in a half day.post #2156 of 41164/19/14 at 4:38pmpost #2157 of 41164/19/14 at 8:39pmpost #2158 of 41164/19/14 at 11:55pmpost #2159 of 41164/20/14 at 6:14am
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 966 Active Users (144 Members and 822 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Tour De France is Boring 26 minutes ago
- › Ute Ploier grey mohair long cardigan size M 27 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 29 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 30 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 33 minutes ago
- › GMTO: Carmina Chocolate Brown Suede Oxford or My Next OneShoe 45 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 54 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...