Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 10:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:26 am in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Yesterday at 4:05 am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 144
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2147 of 53154/18/14 at 11:05amQuote:
Yeah I have similar pret adjustment made, they should fit you well heel wisepost #2148 of 53154/18/14 at 12:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by Shouldaville
Regarding the LS Last Pairs, if you want them perfect (no signs of shop wear), you may want to ask about the condition or for a photo. I've had a few Last Pairs that looked 100% new and fresh out of the box, but some of the Saint Crispin's have been around for nearly three years now. The pair I received had creasing and the highly polished areas had some checking in the finish. With the deal, they were fine with me, and would look similar after a few wears anyway. I just hit them with conditioner/polish and they are already one of my favorites.
+1 just got a pair of 106's off their last pair. One shoe has been tried on and worn as it has slight creasing. Doesn't bother me as they will have this after me wearing.Quote:
I have no experience with the classic, but the sailor on my boots is great. The chiseled, I wouldn't say that very quickly.Quote:
I am having this issue with the pair that I just got, has anyone else had this? The shoe is very stiff right now, wondering if it will loosen up and not dig in as much as time goes on.post #2149 of 53154/18/14 at 2:42pm@DpprDr, yes, you will be ok with a UK 6F, or US 7D in leathersoul. It does have higher and very contoured heel cup, I use a customised classic last, been relasted due to a painful 1st modification.
@jkater1, their leather is very stiff and will be painful if one area isn't the right fit.post #2150 of 53154/18/14 at 3:42pmQuick question, I've read through the thread and see that Saphir Reno is a no no. On my boots the base leather is starting to look very dry and looks kind of like dry cracking skin. Normally I would hit this up with Reno. Picture isn't great but kind of shows what they look like. Thoughts on treatment?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpost #2151 of 53154/18/14 at 3:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by jkater1
Quick question, I've read through the thread and see that Saphir Reno is a no no. On my boots the base leather is starting to look very dry and looks kind of like dry cracking skin. Normally I would hit this up with Reno. Picture isn't great but kind of shows what they look like. Thoughts on treatment?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have been using the Lexol leather conditioner. And the result is quite satisfactory.post #2152 of 53154/18/14 at 5:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by jkater1
+1 just got a pair of 106's off their last pair. One shoe has been tried on and worn as it has slight creasing. Doesn't bother me as they will have this after me wearing.
I have no experience with the classic, but the sailor on my boots is great. The chiseled, I wouldn't say that very quickly.
I am having this issue with the pair that I just got, has anyone else had this? The shoe is very stiff right now, wondering if it will loosen up and not dig in as much as time goes on.
It will break in after a few wears, but optimally its best to request MTO with a lowered top line. Alternatively, you could use a heel cushion to lift your ankles a bit higher.post #2153 of 53154/18/14 at 11:27pmpost #2154 of 53154/19/14 at 3:33pmpost #2155 of 53154/19/14 at 4:16pmQuote:
Probably not. I got mine the when they had them some up on the last pair page a few weeks ago they sold them all in a half day.post #2156 of 53154/19/14 at 4:38pmpost #2157 of 53154/19/14 at 8:39pmpost #2158 of 53154/19/14 at 11:55pmpost #2159 of 53154/20/14 at 6:14am
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Currently, there are 1026 Active Users (143 Members and 883 Guests)
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 17 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 20 minutes ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 22 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 24 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 26 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 32 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.