Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Yesterday at 8:41 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 144post #2147 of 60644/18/14 at 11:05amQuote:
Yeah I have similar pret adjustment made, they should fit you well heel wisepost #2148 of 60644/18/14 at 12:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by Shouldaville
Regarding the LS Last Pairs, if you want them perfect (no signs of shop wear), you may want to ask about the condition or for a photo. I've had a few Last Pairs that looked 100% new and fresh out of the box, but some of the Saint Crispin's have been around for nearly three years now. The pair I received had creasing and the highly polished areas had some checking in the finish. With the deal, they were fine with me, and would look similar after a few wears anyway. I just hit them with conditioner/polish and they are already one of my favorites.
+1 just got a pair of 106's off their last pair. One shoe has been tried on and worn as it has slight creasing. Doesn't bother me as they will have this after me wearing.Quote:
I have no experience with the classic, but the sailor on my boots is great. The chiseled, I wouldn't say that very quickly.Quote:
I am having this issue with the pair that I just got, has anyone else had this? The shoe is very stiff right now, wondering if it will loosen up and not dig in as much as time goes on.post #2149 of 60644/18/14 at 2:42pm@DpprDr, yes, you will be ok with a UK 6F, or US 7D in leathersoul. It does have higher and very contoured heel cup, I use a customised classic last, been relasted due to a painful 1st modification.
@jkater1, their leather is very stiff and will be painful if one area isn't the right fit.post #2150 of 60644/18/14 at 3:42pmQuick question, I've read through the thread and see that Saphir Reno is a no no. On my boots the base leather is starting to look very dry and looks kind of like dry cracking skin. Normally I would hit this up with Reno. Picture isn't great but kind of shows what they look like. Thoughts on treatment?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpost #2151 of 60644/18/14 at 3:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by jkater1
Quick question, I've read through the thread and see that Saphir Reno is a no no. On my boots the base leather is starting to look very dry and looks kind of like dry cracking skin. Normally I would hit this up with Reno. Picture isn't great but kind of shows what they look like. Thoughts on treatment?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have been using the Lexol leather conditioner. And the result is quite satisfactory.post #2152 of 60644/18/14 at 5:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by jkater1
+1 just got a pair of 106's off their last pair. One shoe has been tried on and worn as it has slight creasing. Doesn't bother me as they will have this after me wearing.
I have no experience with the classic, but the sailor on my boots is great. The chiseled, I wouldn't say that very quickly.
I am having this issue with the pair that I just got, has anyone else had this? The shoe is very stiff right now, wondering if it will loosen up and not dig in as much as time goes on.
It will break in after a few wears, but optimally its best to request MTO with a lowered top line. Alternatively, you could use a heel cushion to lift your ankles a bit higher.post #2153 of 60644/18/14 at 11:27pmpost #2154 of 60644/19/14 at 3:33pmpost #2155 of 60644/19/14 at 4:16pmQuote:
Probably not. I got mine the when they had them some up on the last pair page a few weeks ago they sold them all in a half day.post #2156 of 60644/19/14 at 4:38pmpost #2157 of 60644/19/14 at 8:39pmpost #2158 of 60644/19/14 at 11:55pmpost #2159 of 60644/20/14 at 6:14ampost #2160 of 60644/20/14 at 7:43am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 827 Active Users (92 Members and 735 Guests)
- › Appropriate Desert Boots w/Suit 6 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 13 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 21 minutes ago
- › I'm steamed: Half-canvassed Jos A Bank suit is fused and bubbling 28 minutes ago
- › Dylan & Son - Singapore - BEWARE! 30 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 33 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 43 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...