or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 137

post #2041 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkater1 View Post

I should clarify that the said rule breaking boots were made to be a casual boot. They will never be worn with a suit, as I only own one, which I only wear to weddings and God forbid funerals.

My goal with these was to create a boot similar to the EG Nevis with a similar scheme as the dark oak/walnut country calf Galways.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 


Well said.  And the boots were both well conceived by you and brilliantly executed by St. C.  I'm not sure where the notion emerged that they should be judged in terms of appropriateness as a dress boot, but thanks for clarifying all the same.  And enjoy the heck out of those fine boots!

post #2042 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkater1 View Post

I should clarify that the said rule breaking boots were made to be a casual boot. They will never be worn with a suit, as I only own one, which I only wear to weddings and God forbid funerals.

My goal with these was to create a boot similar to the EG Nevis with a similar scheme as the dark oak/walnut country calf Galways.

 

   obvious and good on ya  mission accomplished very well

post #2043 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

The false dichotomy is the favored tool of the sophist.  We are not bound to either mindlessly follow rigid conventions or else categorically dismiss them as being wholly without value.  The choices are not so stark.
Enter the nuanced gradations of reality.
post #2044 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post


Enter the nuanced gradations of reality.


Too funny.

post #2045 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Enter the nuanced gradations of reality.

Reality is not nuanced or graded...only our perceptions of it are---ranging from awareness of the indifference of the universe to fantasy and self-deception to absolute self-serving nonsense.
post #2046 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post

Reality is not nuanced or graded...only our perceptions of it are---ranging from awareness of the indifference of the universe to fantasy and self-deception to absolute self-serving nonsense.

Are we still talking about St
Crispins? I want a pair of super casual boots. Thought it might be fun to take suggestions. Last is key, AMD should be a true round toe.
post #2047 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


Are we still talking about St
Crispins? I want a pair of super casual boots. Thought it might be fun to take suggestions. Last is key, AMD should be a true round toe.

 

   Sailor it is

post #2048 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


Are we still talking about St
Crispins?

Good question.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


I want a pair of super casual boots. Thought it might be fun to take suggestions. Last is key, AMD should be a true round toe.

 

Are you looking for a tall boot - as opposed to, say a Chukka? When I attended the recent LeatherFoot trunk show, Phillip showed me a pic on his tablet of a recent tan coloured Galway-esque custom makeup that was several kinds of awesome. Wish I had requested that he e-mail me the pic then and there.

post #2049 of 2929
I like chukkas, but am open to any model.
post #2050 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

Phillip showed me a pic on his tablet of a recent tan coloured Galway-esque custom makeup that was several kinds of awesome.

Wish I had requested that he e-mail me the pic then and there.

 

                       any chance it was this one ?   i'm gonna have this puppy

 

   CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

post #2051 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post

Reality is not nuanced or graded...only our perceptions of it are---ranging from awareness of the indifference of the universe to fantasy and self-deception to absolute self-serving nonsense.
Kind sir, I mean no offence but you sound like the character named "Rust" that Matthew Mcconaughey played on the HBO series "True Detective".
post #2052 of 2929

^^^ No, the one he showed me was an open-laced derby boot, with (I think) a grained shaft.  The one above is a LeatherFoot makeup that is pretty sharp in its own right.  We were working out the details on a burgundy / suede wingtip version of the one shown below.  This basic design, save for colour choice:

 

 

 

Hosting provided by FotoTime 

post #2053 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

I like chukkas, but am open to any model.

 

I like the Chukka for its four season versatility.  Tall boots just look off to me in the summer months, but I sure do love to have them for the other three seasons of the year.

post #2054 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

^^^ No, the one he showed me was an open-laced derby boot, with (I think) a grained shaft.  The one above is a LeatherFoot makeup that is pretty sharp in its own right.  We were working out the details on a burgundy / suede wingtip version of the one shown below.  This basic design, save for colour choice:

 

 

 

Hosting provided by FotoTime

 

   yep   that has RogerP written all over it.

post #2055 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Good question.


Are you looking for a tall boot - as opposed to, say a Chukka? When I attended the recent LeatherFoot trunk show, Phillip showed me a pic on his tablet of a recent tan coloured Galway-esque custom makeup that was several kinds of awesome. Wish I had requested that he e-mail me the pic then and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I like the Chukka for its four season versatility.  Tall boots just look off to me in the summer months, but I sure do love to have them for the other three seasons of the year.

Chukkas are also great for travel, second only to low top sneakers. no matter how good they look, I'm not sure it's worth it to endure a long plane ride in tall boots. Not to mention that passing through security becomes a real hassle.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread