or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 130

post #1936 of 2825
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchoy View Post

Let's get this thread back on track. Finally picked up my shoes and the images that was sent to me didn't do it justice. The colour is really great.




We (at least me and Wurger) know it looks better IRL smile.gif
post #1937 of 2825
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Can we get back to SC? Ethan at the Amoury takes some incredible photos

My next pair I believe depending on upcharge for gator / croc?



Also might try to get a pair similar to this color

 

Very very cool shoes.

post #1938 of 2825
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchoy View Post

Let's get this thread back on track. Finally picked up my shoes and the images that was sent to me didn't do it justice. The colour is really great.




That's it, my next pair of shoes will be burgundy! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Great shoes tchoy!
post #1939 of 2825

tchoy - absolutely beautiful shoes.

post #1940 of 2825
Beautiful indeed, tchoy.
post #1941 of 2825
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiristol View Post

That's a nice platitude, but it has very little basis in reality. 

In any case, I possess neither the patience nor inclination to read through the walls of text you manage to pump out every few hours, let alone respond to them. 

There's a simple solution to all this...and it won't force you to change anything that you're not already doing: Just block my posts in the same way you've been blocking reading and understanding them. That way you won't feel compelled to contribute anything constructive (real information, IOW); and as a bonus you won't have to keep pretending that you know what you're talking about or that you're actually in a conversation with other people.

As for pB's remark, wiser words were never said...it does have a basis in reality--just not in your reality.

And with that, I bid you all "good night."
post #1942 of 2825
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgo View Post

We (at least me and Wurger) know it looks better IRL smile.gif
You guys were absolutely right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusvs View Post

That's it, my next pair of shoes will be burgundy! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Great shoes tchoy!


I find burgundy shoes extremely versatile, this pair was polished with black and brown wax to achieve a deeper shape of burgundy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

tchoy - absolutely beautiful shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

Beautiful indeed, tchoy.

Thanks guys! I had some modification done to my last and now they fit like a glove very please with the result.
post #1943 of 2825
I could not agree more on the versatility of burgundy.
post #1944 of 2825
tchoy - Could you explain your polishing technique with a little more detail please? Did you polish the entire shoe with brown and black or just certain parts such as the toe box? Did you also use burgundy polish along with the other two? In what order did you use the various colors? Did you use one or multiple colors on the toebox "spit shine?" And anything else that you might add. Thanks.
post #1945 of 2825
Going through this threed, I am suddenly reminded by this classic, timeless art piece:

post #1946 of 2825
Interesting what the metal toe tap has caused... It has prevented the front of the sole from wearing into the characteristic v shape (profile)*, and instead resulted in the sole being pushed and bent upward into/toward the toe box. See how the top edge of the sole, and the welt, curve upwards toward the front.

I got metal toe plates on a pair of EG, I can't stand the sound or the slideyness. Also they don't particularly do anything - all of my shoes that don't have them are worn at the front of the sole, but not all the way up to the welt (by the time that a resole is called for).

* Picture the hull of a boat as viewed from the side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

You have seen metal toe taps new; here's a picture of a really used one (~7 yrz).


post #1947 of 2825
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Anyone care to share their thoughts on the model pictured below? 

orig.jpg 

Kind of reminds me of Edward Green's "Twickenham II" (the love child of a whole-cut and a saddle shoe).


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





I saw the picture in LAST magazine, fell instantly in love with and had it made-to-order some 7 or 8 years ago.
post #1948 of 2825
bengal-stripe - that's neat! I've never even heard of that EG model.
post #1949 of 2825
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post

Interesting what the metal toe tap has caused... It has prevented the front of the sole from wearing into the characteristic v shape (profile)*, and instead resulted in the sole being pushed and bent upward into/toward the toe box. See how the top edge of the sole, and the welt, curve upwards toward the front.

I got metal toe plates on a pair of EG, I can't stand the sound or the slideyness. Also they don't particularly do anything - all of my shoes that don't have them are worn at the front of the sole, but not all the way up to the welt (by the time that a resole is called for).

* Picture the hull of a boat as viewed from the side.

 

I think it would be possible to wet and level the welt bend to eliminate what you described/saw, but there's really no point.

 

I don't think the metal toe plates make that much sound or makes sheos slippery at all; my s.o. only notices it when I am driving my stick shift metal-pedal car...

post #1950 of 2825
There's a simple solution to the problem of noise and slippiness with metal toeplates--Step plates

Step plates are half-moon shaped nylon wafers with an adhesive backing. You simply peel of the masking paper and stick the Step plate to the metal toeplate. Voila! No more clacking or clanking.

And the bonus is that if you replace them faithfully, they'll keep your metal toeplates from wearing down.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread