Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 5:20pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Yesterday at 11:26 pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 121post #1801 of 53123/12/14 at 2:59pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1802 of 53123/12/14 at 3:02pmpost #1803 of 53123/12/14 at 3:03pmpost #1804 of 53123/12/14 at 3:44pmpost #1805 of 53123/12/14 at 5:20pmpost #1806 of 53123/13/14 at 2:29pmpost #1807 of 53123/13/14 at 3:31pmQuote:
Were you informed of the options?
Form the pictures, it looks like they did channel-stitch the half soles on and the pegs were used to stabilize the edges. ??post #1808 of 53123/13/14 at 3:41pmpost #1809 of 53123/13/14 at 5:47pmpost #1810 of 53123/13/14 at 6:50pmpost #1811 of 53123/13/14 at 7:20pmpost #1812 of 53123/13/14 at 8:40pmpost #1813 of 53123/14/14 at 4:41ampost #1814 of 53123/14/14 at 5:35amI don't know how true this is, but I noticed while looking at a cross section of a st. crispin shoe the sole seemed very thick. I'm curious if there are different outsole widths available. I am guessing there are, but I generally burn through soles pretty quickly and these seem to be holding up well.
Also, something that might be attributable to their seemingly long life (for me) is the fact that they seem to be very balanced. For example they are wearing very evenly across the sole. It might have something to do with the fact that they are hand welted to a thicker insole than a goodyear shoe so your feet don't cause as much distortion on the outsole at pressure points and such.
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Currently, there are 1139 Active Users (237 Members and 902 Guests)
- › Eidos lupo polos, sweaters 50% off 9 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 19 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 22 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 23 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 24 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 24 minutes ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 28 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?