or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 99

post #1471 of 2759

already thinking of my next pair oF SCs! However, I'm still undecided between the screwdriver and chiseled lasts. Does anyone have side by side photos to compare the two?

post #1472 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG33 View Post
 

already thinking of my next pair oF SCs! However, I'm still undecided between the screwdriver and chiseled lasts. Does anyone have side by side photos to compare the two?


Not sure if this helps or not, however Saint Crispins now has this available on their website under accessories and Lasts. They also have a profile view on their website which I haven't include.

 

 

Chiseled

 

 

 

Screwdriver

 

 

post #1473 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
 


Not sure if this helps or not, however Saint Crispins now has this available on their website under accessories and Lasts. They also have a profile view on their website which I haven't include.

 

 

Chiseled

 

 

 

Screwdriver

 

 

 

thank you. The screwdriver looks a bit more elegant and elongated

post #1474 of 2759
Funny that I thought the other way. Both v nice, it has to be said.
post #1475 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Funny that I thought the other way. Both v nice, it has to be said.

+1- I thought the same!
post #1476 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG33 View Post

thank you. The screwdriver looks a bit more elegant and elongated
Elongated yes, elegant no. I think it the screwdriver is harsh and angular. Strongly prefer the chiseled
post #1477 of 2759
Screwdriver to me looks like an Aldo shoe or something you'd buy at Zara. I like some chiseled lasts and as much as I swear by Stc, the Stc chiseled doesn't float by boat. I may just be getting old.
post #1478 of 2759
That screwdriver looks far too contemporary. nothing classy about it
post #1479 of 2759

I agree as well. Not a fan of the screwdriver. It reminds me of unfashionably trendy ridiculous runway model type stuff.

 

My one pair of saint crispin's is on the riva last which I do like a great deal.

 

Not sure what my next last will be or whether i'll stick with the riva. I do think their classic last is exactly that...'classic'.

 

I'm hoping the trunk show will come to Leffot sooner rather than later so I can see them all up close otherwise I may just have to take a risk and wait for a surprise.

post #1480 of 2759
Thread Starter 
+1

I haven't strayed from the Classic last…
post #1481 of 2759
Any thoughts on the Novello last? (Which supposedly be an improvement over the chiseled last)
post #1482 of 2759

I have a pair of boots with the Novello last, can't copmare with chisel as I have never seen the chiselled last in the flesh but its quite elegant and less "agressive" than the screwdriver last (which I also have)

 

 

 

post #1483 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG33 View Post
 

I have a pair of boots with the Novello last, can't copmare with chisel as I have never seen the chiselled last in the flesh but its quite elegant and less "agressive" than the screwdriver last (which I also have)

 

 

The novello looks sort of like its a more angular aggressive form of the chiseled...is that how you would describe it?

 

Think you could post a photo of the novello boots from directly above?

 

Btw...i really like the blue and that boot is one of my favorite of St. Crispin's models. Will certainly be getting a pair for myself at some point.

post #1484 of 2759

here you go, hope this helps

 

 

 

post #1485 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG33 View Post

here you go, hope this helps






To my eye - that is one fug-ly looking pair of boots. I'm sure they're well made but I just don't get it with the over the top boots and colors with cloth combos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread