or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 97

post #1441 of 2648
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

I'm not sure how they could possibly represent everything they offer, because there are so many different colors and combinations possible. However If you go to the top of the web page to About Us and then Look Book 2014. After you are there then download the Look Book it gives you a better idea of the various colors and combinations they offer based on previous shoes they have sold.

After seeing your post, I downloaded the look book. Very helpful, not so much for leather colors but for model numbers and how the different models look on different lasts.
post #1442 of 2648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post


After seeing your post, I downloaded the look book. Very helpful, not so much for leather colors but for model numbers and how the different models look on different lasts.


At least they've made vast improvements compared to what they had before. Maybe they'll work on trying to provide something that depicts the various leathers and colors they offer eventually.

post #1443 of 2648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

Is this the chiseled last or something bespoke?



Anyone able to compare the fit of the the chiseled relative to the classic?

Wow.....I find them very elegant!!
post #1444 of 2648
Does anyone have a pair in CRU 608 and a pair of Edward Green Dark Oak? I am curious how the two shades look side by side. Thanks.
post #1445 of 2648

Went into Leffot for the first time this weekend with the intent of buying some EG's and G&G's. Left with a beautiful Saint Crispin 546 wholecut oxford (riva last)

 

Was helped by Che. She was lovely, knew her stuff, and was very patient as I tried on just about every brand they had to try and find my sizes. They didn't have much in stock in my size, but alas, she brought these baby's out and it was love at first sight <3

 

Will definitely be doing some MTO's from them in the very near future. I'm thinking dark brown cordovan wholecut on the riva with a toe medallion. but who knows...the options are endless and i want them all hahah.

 

pics of them here on leffot's website: http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/shoes/saint-crispin-s/546-oxford.html

 

will post pics of mine when they arrive. i shipped them out of state to save on tax :)

post #1446 of 2648
PCK1 They look fabulous. Looking forward to seeing them on ^
post #1447 of 2648

I can't wait to get them on.

 

St. Crispin's really impressed me. I found them much more comfortable than EG, G&G, and Corthay - the other brands I tried on at Leffot.

 

They also provide you with the beautiful trees and alongside the beige leather laces they give a pair of brown laces to match the shoe. This way I can dress down the shoe a bit for more professional occasions.

 

I think their austerity brogue (model 104), balmoral boot (model 402), double monk (model 505), and single monk (model 107) are all gorgeous and will definitely be the inspiration for future MTO's. And maybe just a plain captoe with a little punching.

 

How is everyone's experience with the CRUST leather? Any other interesting leathers that are worth checking out?

 

 

 

 

QUESTION: what do people recommend in terms of caring for Saint Crispin's? I read earlier on that SAPHIR RENOVATEUR shouldn't be used on them because it can strip the finish off the crust leather....

 

Any recommendations/advice regarding to care for them would be great as there is nothing on Saint Crispin's website about shoe care.

post #1448 of 2648
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post


QUESTION: what do people recommend in terms of caring for Saint Crispin's? I read earlier on that SAPHIR RENOVATEUR shouldn't be used on them because it can strip the finish off the crust leather....

Any recommendations/advice regarding to care for them would be great as there is nothing on Saint Crispin's website about shoe care.

On the old St. Crispin's website, there was a guide to caring for shoes. It recommended using only polish such as Saphir or Kiwi for regular care, saddle soap when shoes are dirty, and pure turpentine to remove old wax. That's consistent with what Mr. Carr has said to me and others at trunk shows. When I talked to him, he didn't seem to have any strong preference for any particular polish and was used Kiwi to shine my shoes.
post #1449 of 2648
I actually found St Cripsins very stiff and hard to break in compare to all of my other shoes, still hurts me. But everything is the best in terms of looks and finishing.
post #1450 of 2648
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

I actually found St Cripsins very stiff and hard to break in compare to all of my other shoes, still hurts me. But everything is the best in terms of looks and finishing.

wurger I have the opposite experience. Might just be different uppers but my StC chukkas have required zero break in time and may well be the most comfortable pair I have aside from my Corthay Arcas.

u4a3e6et.jpg



/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/
post #1451 of 2648
Yeah, it's one of the seam lines on the vamp, but I will get my last modified again for the next pair.
post #1452 of 2648
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

wurger I have the opposite experience. Might just be different uppers but my StC chukkas have required zero break in time and may well be the most comfortable pair I have aside from my Corthay Arcas.

u4a3e6et.jpg



/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/

Frills, you may have seen me quote this before but it merits mention again.

My grandfather told me that you can always tell a man by his shoes and his watch.

Nuff said icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #1453 of 2648

I am totally liking those chukkas with that suit.

 

:slayer:

post #1454 of 2648

Those Chukkas are freakin' terrific.

post #1455 of 2648

Quote: what model # / leather are they?

 

 

Originally Posted by no frills View Post


wurger I have the opposite experience. Might just be different uppers but my StC chukkas have required zero break in time and may well be the most comfortable pair I have aside from my Corthay Arcas.

u4a3e6et.jpg
 

/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread