Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Yesterday at 11:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Yesterday at 10:17 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 96post #1426 of 41171/16/14 at 12:27pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1427 of 41171/16/14 at 12:39pmpost #1428 of 41171/16/14 at 3:00pmpost #1429 of 41171/17/14 at 12:02ampost #1430 of 41171/17/14 at 2:23ampost #1431 of 41171/20/14 at 12:52ampost #1432 of 41171/20/14 at 1:06ampost #1433 of 41171/23/14 at 7:21pmpost #1434 of 41171/24/14 at 4:06pmpost #1435 of 41171/24/14 at 9:07pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by stupendous
nice shoe collection PB! I especially like the austerity brogue. I believe that CRU is crust, as mentioned. The FUN ones have a bit more antiquing, and are 'less matte' in terms of finish. I have a picture of the various swatches available in SC, and that looks to be the main difference.
Is the finishing the only difference between CRU and FUN?Quote:
Yes it is. Can easily compare the lasts. If only they had something that showed their colors.post #1436 of 41171/25/14 at 2:23amQuote:
I'm not sure how they could possibly represent everything they offer, because there are so many different colors and combinations possible. However If you go to the top of the web page to About Us and then Look Book 2014. After you are there then download the Look Book it gives you a better idea of the various colors and combinations they offer based on previous shoes they have sold.post #1437 of 41171/25/14 at 7:06ampost #1438 of 41171/25/14 at 4:46pmpost #1439 of 41171/25/14 at 4:48pmQuote:What did you end up doing with this pair of shoes? I'm sure StC will take another crack at the refinishing or give you a new pair of shoes.Originally Posted by NewConvert
I just bought some amazing Saint Crispin's Chukkas in the shrunken leather. I wore them once in rain and they have these spots that will not come out. I sent it back to them to refinish the leather and after wearing once more in a light rain, they spotted again. Polish will not cover it up.
Has anyone here experienced this with the SC Shrunken Leather?
Should I just keep it and live with it or get a refund? It may not be that noticeable ti the passerby but I know it's there and $1660 is a lot to pay for a shoe with spotting.
Your thoughts anyone?post #1440 of 41171/25/14 at 4:50pm
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 6 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 19 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 25 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 32 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 33 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 33 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 40 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 41 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...