Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sole Welting Last post on 11/16/14 at 1:54pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More Last post on Today at 7:43 am in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 8:16 am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 96
Styleforum Top Picks
nice shoe collection PB! I especially like the austerity brogue. I believe that CRU is crust, as mentioned. The FUN ones have a bit more antiquing, and are 'less matte' in terms of finish. I have a picture of the various swatches available in SC, and that looks to be the main difference.
Is the finishing the only difference between CRU and FUN?
Yes it is. Can easily compare the lasts. If only they had something that showed their colors.
I'm not sure how they could possibly represent everything they offer, because there are so many different colors and combinations possible. However If you go to the top of the web page to About Us and then Look Book 2014. After you are there then download the Look Book it gives you a better idea of the various colors and combinations they offer based on previous shoes they have sold.
I just bought some amazing Saint Crispin's Chukkas in the shrunken leather. I wore them once in rain and they have these spots that will not come out. I sent it back to them to refinish the leather and after wearing once more in a light rain, they spotted again. Polish will not cover it up.
Has anyone here experienced this with the SC Shrunken Leather?
Should I just keep it and live with it or get a refund? It may not be that noticeable ti the passerby but I know it's there and $1660 is a lot to pay for a shoe with spotting.
Your thoughts anyone?
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 28 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 32 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)