Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:48 am in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 6:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Today at 4:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 96
Styleforum Top Picks
nice shoe collection PB! I especially like the austerity brogue. I believe that CRU is crust, as mentioned. The FUN ones have a bit more antiquing, and are 'less matte' in terms of finish. I have a picture of the various swatches available in SC, and that looks to be the main difference.
Is the finishing the only difference between CRU and FUN?
Yes it is. Can easily compare the lasts. If only they had something that showed their colors.
I'm not sure how they could possibly represent everything they offer, because there are so many different colors and combinations possible. However If you go to the top of the web page to About Us and then Look Book 2014. After you are there then download the Look Book it gives you a better idea of the various colors and combinations they offer based on previous shoes they have sold.
I just bought some amazing Saint Crispin's Chukkas in the shrunken leather. I wore them once in rain and they have these spots that will not come out. I sent it back to them to refinish the leather and after wearing once more in a light rain, they spotted again. Polish will not cover it up.
Has anyone here experienced this with the SC Shrunken Leather?
Should I just keep it and live with it or get a refund? It may not be that noticeable ti the passerby but I know it's there and $1660 is a lot to pay for a shoe with spotting.
Your thoughts anyone?
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 4 minutes ago
- › Cigars 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 12 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 25 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 29 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 29 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...