or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 81

post #1201 of 2747
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherFoot View Post
 

 

Saint Crispin's Trunk Show at LeatherFoot

October 10, 11, 12

that class ... I wonder if he saw D'Annunzio what he said ...

post #1202 of 2747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti View Post

that class ... I wonder if he saw D'Annunzio what he said ...

Different from some of D'Annunzio's boots. Senza cazzo on the front.

On display in a small museum under our dressing rooms was a portion of his shoe collection. Most are sort of variations on a theme—many white shoes with very slight variations and lots and lots of shoes with spats. Very petit, delicate feet he had too. He had special luggage cases made for his shoes—or for some of them at least. They are big cases, like huge stacked bento boxes or tiffin lunches, with a pair of shoes neatly nestled in green felt on each level. One pair of shoes had a penis and balls motif on the top—the symbol of a proud libertine.


http://the-shoe-aristocat.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/gabriele-d-annunzio-italian-dandy-poet.html

http://journal.davidbyrne.com/2013/09/091013-dannunzio.html
post #1203 of 2747
Pretty sure Phillip from SC is going to be at the new Armoury store in NYC when they open.

He said Dec 12th? Which is coming really soon.

Told me to email info@thearmoury.com to set an appt.

Havn't heard much about the opening though yet.
post #1204 of 2747
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post


Different from some of D'Annunzio's boots. Senza cazzo on the front.

On display in a small museum under our dressing rooms was a portion of his shoe collection. Most are sort of variations on a theme—many white shoes with very slight variations and lots and lots of shoes with spats. Very petit, delicate feet he had too. He had special luggage cases made for his shoes—or for some of them at least. They are big cases, like huge stacked bento boxes or tiffin lunches, with a pair of shoes neatly nestled in green felt on each level. One pair of shoes had a penis and balls motif on the top—the symbol of a proud libertine.


http://the-shoe-aristocat.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/gabriele-d-annunzio-italian-dandy-poet.html

http://journal.davidbyrne.com/2013/09/091013-dannunzio.html

Thank you for your comment ... I also saw the shoes of D'Annunzio with cazzo ... and these are much better all around. Although I must say that the white ones were not bad.

post #1205 of 2747

I first came across SC at Leather Soul in BH and took the plunge.  Simple 105s in a dark brown (brown-black).  I then found Denis at his Made to Order website, and took another plunge for an MTO, similar to one posted in an earlier post on this thread.  Below is a photo of the shoes that I ordered (and received).  Pic is from Denis' MTO gallery.  Fit was great, and service even better!  I am now in the process of ordering another MTO (a project suggested by Denis).  It should be ready in February next year.  Will post pictures when I receive it!

 

Like PB stated in his post, am pretty much set on just ordering SCs from now on (with the odd G&G, EG or other shoe thrown in).  This has made my wife ask me the question, 'Exactly how many pairs of shoes do you need?'.

 

I had no answer to her question!

post #1206 of 2747
The proper answer is I don't need that many but I want them; so please help me support my hobby.
post #1207 of 2747
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

The proper answer is I don't need that many but I want them; so please help me support my hobby.


To her credit, she does...I think she's just given up, but needs to get on me for it every so often, usually when a package resembling a shoebox shows up at home! :D

 

I do explain to her that different shoes service different purposes and, naturally, there are the endless variations in leather, stitching, soles, etc.....

post #1208 of 2747

Where can i buy St. Crispin's online?

post #1209 of 2747
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupendous View Post

Like PB stated in his post, am pretty much set on just ordering SCs from now on (with the odd G&G, EG or other shoe thrown in).  This has made my wife ask me the question, 'Exactly how many pairs of shoes do you need?'.

I would not bother with that thought bubble. EG G&G etc are a waste of time when you could have St C, Bontoni, Santoni, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

The proper answer is I don't need that many but I want them; so please help me support my habit.

FTFY
post #1210 of 2747
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupendous View Post
 

I first came across SC at Leather Soul in BH and took the plunge.  Simple 105s in a dark brown (brown-black).  I then found Denis at his Made to Order website, and took another plunge for an MTO, similar to one posted in an earlier post on this thread.  Below is a photo of the shoes that I ordered (and received).  Pic is from Denis' MTO gallery.  Fit was great, and service even better!  I am now in the process of ordering another MTO (a project suggested by Denis).  It should be ready in February next year.  Will post pictures when I receive it!

 

Like PB stated in his post, am pretty much set on just ordering SCs from now on (with the odd G&G, EG or other shoe thrown in).  This has made my wife ask me the question, 'Exactly how many pairs of shoes do you need?'.

 

I had no answer to her question!

Beautiful ... the model and color I really like a lot. Compliments.

post #1211 of 2747
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post


I would not bother with that thought bubble. EG G&G etc are a waste of time when you could have St C, Bontoni, Santoni, etc.

Santoni? No way.

post #1212 of 2747
I do not consider Santoni in the same league as EG oe G&G !
post #1213 of 2747
Quote:
Originally Posted by levku View Post

Where can i buy St. Crispin's online?

Bought mine here.....http://madetoorderparis.com/site/

Denis can help with sizing and choosing a last. And the gallery has some amazing shoes!icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti View Post

Beautiful ... the model and color I really like a lot. Compliments.

Thank you. I had been looking for this color for a while, and when I saw it, ok this is it! Very happy with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post

I do not consider Santoni in the same league as EG oe G&G !

Agreed. Also G&G and EG are still pretty good shoes. I love my St James in Vintage Cherry.
post #1214 of 2747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post

I do not consider Santoni in the same league as EG oe G&G !

Santoni makes shoes at a lot of different quality levels and in a lot of styles ranging from terrible to classic. I have a pair of limited edition Santoni FAMs. Quality of leather and work is comparable to my St. Cs and Anthony Cleverly shoes, significantly better than my G&G. After 8 years of hard wear, and one rebuild, they look as good or better than the day I received them.

post #1215 of 2747
LSBH trunk show pairs should get delivered soon, can't wait icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread