or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread - Page 8

post #106 of 2140
Yeah baby!

post #107 of 2140
Congrats Namor, those are sweet!
post #108 of 2140
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Yeah baby!
meh.















wink.gif
post #109 of 2140
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Yeah baby!
you owe me a drink for highlighting those to you.
post #110 of 2140
Thanks guys, St. Crispins is some next level shit. Even the shoe bags are amazing
post #111 of 2140
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

you owe me a drink for highlighting those to you.

My offer is still on the table. Lol
post #112 of 2140
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

My offer is still on the table. Lol
Truth. We'll set it up for this week.
post #113 of 2140
My experience with StC suede boots:

-Lasts not as refined as some competitors
-Thick leather, not very supple and does not look good after brushing
-Last does not fit my feet well (classic last has quite wide heels and snug toe area), in comparison the JL 7000 last is quite the opposite with snug heel area and wider in the front
-Heels sloping to the outside, accentuates pronation of the foot. Never seen that before anywhere else.
-Very high price

+Arch support, not sure I like it though
+Nice waist treatment with pegs, not sure about the reason for this (other than looks) or the possible longevity of the sole/construction
+Lightweight trees, although a bit flimsy in construction

All in all, not the last word in refinement regarding lasts or leather quality. Fit is a personal thing though. IMO, StC is just too expensive at 1300 Euro.
post #114 of 2140
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Yeah baby!

I'm incredibly jealous, I've been wanting these in brown for quite some time, but they never pop up in my size. Wear them in good health! Meanwhile, I'll continue my search... or I'll just have Vass make me a pair of austerity brogue boots. sly.gif
post #115 of 2140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakezero View Post

I'm incredibly jealous, I've been wanting these in brown for quite some time, but they never pop up in my size. Wear them in good health! Meanwhile, I'll continue my search... or I'll just have Vass make me a pair of austerity brogue boots. sly.gif
what size are you?
post #116 of 2140
UK8.5, but due to christmas shopping I'm in no position to spend money on shoes at this time.
post #117 of 2140
I d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakezero View Post

UK8.5, but due to christmas shopping I'm in no position to spend money on shoes at this time.

I don't have any loved ones in my life so naturally it all got spent on boots
post #118 of 2140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakezero View Post

I'm incredibly jealous, I've been wanting these in brown for quite some time, but they never pop up in my size. Wear them in good health! Meanwhile, I'll continue my search... or I'll just have Vass make me a pair of austerity brogue boots. sly.gif

Vass is great. Was considering their austerity boot before I lucked out with the STC
post #119 of 2140
Ag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr No View Post

My experience with StC suede boots:
-Lasts not as refined as some competitors
-Thick leather, not very supple and does not look good after brushing
-Last does not fit my feet well (classic last has quite wide heels and snug toe area), in comparison the JL 7000 last is quite the opposite with snug heel area and wider in the front
-Heels sloping to the outside, accentuates pronation of the foot. Never seen that before anywhere else.
-Very high price
+Arch support, not sure I like it though
+Nice waist treatment with pegs, not sure about the reason for this (other than looks) or the possible longevity of the sole/construction
+Lightweight trees, although a bit flimsy in construction
All in all, not the last word in refinement regarding lasts or leather quality. Fit is a personal thing though. IMO, StC is just too expensive at 1300 Euro.

Agree with most of these points and would like to add a couple of my own:

+Leather laces. Yes, folded leather that is them stitched together. Will probably last the life of the boot
+Fit my foot like a glove
+Sharp edge of the leather sole. Quality you can see and also feel
+1 great finish on the leather. Just hope it can hold after a simple brush

- cheap box
post #120 of 2140
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Thanks guys, St. Crispins is some next level shit. Even the shoe bags are amazing

Those boots are outstanding, congrats! I was considering the full brogue version of that same boot, but your austerity variation is lovely.

I've got some navy suede chukkas still unworn and in the box... will try to snap some pics.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread