or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Fantasy Premier League 2011-12
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fantasy Premier League 2011-12 - Page 20

post #286 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

I'm proud to be in your vicinity, MoK.
I'm getting even more concerned by my performance wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by culverwood View Post

I'm having a serious clear out during the break.
Snap MOK!

I seem to have the kiss of death on players - MPetrov was doing well at Bolton until I got him in, ditto Sturridge at Chelsea, and what happened to VdV yesterday?

Looks like they've reviewed RvPs first assist and removed it frown.gif
post #287 of 388
The removal of that well deserved RvP assist was most unfortunate. And my fantasy week was also in every other respect pretty rotten. I feel on the verge of a free fall - time for the wild one?
post #288 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwise View Post

I felt just fine after a few bottles of your local brew. My tactic to stick with Bishops Finger and not consider any fancy player trades, well, it paid off!! I'll have a few next weekend as well, maybe one or two in the midweek as extra insurance.

I recommend their 'Late Red' if you can get hold of it. The Halloween special 'Spook's Ale' wasn't bad, but better on draught than from the bottle.

a bit of a mixed weekend for me, but at least I didn't drop...

Nope, neither Late Red nor Spook's Ale were in stock close to my house. From Shepherd Neame I instead found 1698, a 300th anniversary commemoration that seems to have stuck as a regular item. Strong but good but very strong! I also found Whitstable Bay (organic ale??) which in the absence of proper football will be sampled come Saturday, maybe in front of Spain vs England.
post #289 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwise View Post

Nope, neither Late Red nor Spook's Ale were in stock close to my house. From Shepherd Neame I instead found 1698, a 300th anniversary commemoration that seems to have stuck as a regular item. Strong but good but very strong! I also found Whitstable Bay (organic ale??) which in the absence of proper football will be sampled come Saturday, maybe in front of Spain vs England.

You don't want too many of the 1698's or you'll do daft things like picking Rodwell as a transfer only to find he's injured:facepalm:
post #290 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post

You don't want too many of the 1698's or you'll do daft things like picking Rodwell as a transfer only to find he's injured:facepalm:

Or starting him only to find out the same ffffuuuu.gif
post #291 of 388
Thread Starter 
Tottenham looked very comfortable last night or was it Aston Villa heading the same way as McLeish's last team the other side of town.
post #292 of 388
Had too many 1689's on an empty stomach. Result: failed to get any Man C or Spurs player into my team. Adebayor is particularly irritating at the moment. Need to rethink everything.
post #293 of 388
Made my transfer for the week. I predict Man C and Spurs will both experience a noticeable dip in form and luck so I still have no players from those two teams. Should be wise.
post #294 of 388
Thread Starter 
I hope you are wrong as I have 3 from each!
post #295 of 388
Unwise! biggrin.gif
post #296 of 388
Thread Starter 
I know but I have some catching up to do so risks need to be taken.
post #297 of 388
My midfield was looking decidedly dodgy - Rodwell a big risk of not starting, VdV uncertain of his ham-strings, silva facing the threat of rotation for the CL, Young not certain of his place in the PL squad... Only super-sub Dyer looked certain to start and that's without looking at my strikers... so I took a hit (again!). I still like Everton and Spur's fixtures so bye bye Rodwell and VdV hello Drenthe and Bale...
post #298 of 388
Been looking for a new flat all week so completely forgot to sort my team out for the weekend. Still, it seems I left Adebayor as captain so it's working out reasonably well.

Top of the league with 4 players still to play.
post #299 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Ed Harris View Post

Been looking for a new flat all week so completely forgot to sort my team out for the weekend. Still, it seems I left Adebayor as captain so it's working out reasonably well.

Top of the league with 4 players still to play.

Hope you find a flat.
post #300 of 388
Good luck with the flat hunting.

Last week I put in Rodwell and he failed to start. This week I swapped him for Drenthe who failed to start.

If I decide to transfer in another Everton player I'll giive you advanced warning...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Fantasy Premier League 2011-12