or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Entry level raw denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Entry level raw denim - Page 3

post #31 of 42
Not sure how much stock they have, but APC NS are on sale for $90.

http://usonline.apc.fr/catalog/products/sale/men
post #32 of 42
Those aren't raw. Just overdyed from the collection. You will rarely, if ever find raw selvedge APCs on sale.
post #33 of 42
If you're not willing to spend over $100, I'd just buy a cheap non-selvage pair and try it out. Levis offers raws in 501, 511 skinny, and 514 slim. Uniqlo offers regular and slim mid-rise cuts in raw selvage for $40, but have a zipper fly. If you end up liking it, no harm done.
This is what I did. I started with a pair of regular indigo 501 STFs, enjoyed them for the two months or so I wore them, and ended up buying a pair of LVC 1944s.

Alternatively, just buy a pair of APCs where you can find them. If you don't like them, rest assured that you will be able to get rid of them on the BST here. The loss may be comparable to the cost of one of those cheap jeans I listed above.
post #34 of 42
They're more than $100, but you probably won't find a better deal than these: http://well-spent.com/2011/07/26/japan-blue-by-momotaro-tight-straight-jeans/
post #35 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Impulsv View Post

If you're not willing to spend over $100, I'd just buy a cheap non-selvage pair and try it out. Levis offers raws in 501, 511 skinny, and 514 slim. Uniqlo offers regular and slim mid-rise cuts in raw selvage for $40, but have a zipper fly. If you end up liking it, no harm done.
This is what I did. I started with a pair of regular indigo 501 STFs, enjoyed them for the two months or so I wore them, and ended up buying a pair of LVC 1944s.

Alternatively, just buy a pair of APCs where you can find them. If you don't like them, rest assured that you will be able to get rid of them on the BST here. The loss may be comparable to the cost of one of those cheap jeans I listed above.

The $40 zipper fly jeans from Uniqlo are the made in China models. I think the made in Japan models (which I think are around $70 or $80) are way better, with thicker denim, a button fly, and an overall sturdier feel to them.

Someone mentioned seeing the regular straight and slim straight cuts at a Uniqlo in Paris. Hopefully they'll make it to the US for the fall/winter season. I have two pairs of regular straights - one in blue and one in black - and they're the best "beater" jeans I could ask for.

I'll echo what others have said regarding the bang-to-buck ratio of Nudies. I got my RADRSs on sale for $150 at Context, and I feel like that's a good price for what I got; it's a nice, modern cut, and it's the only pair of bootcut jeans I have (or want). I'd consider getting a pair of Grim Tim in dry selvage (blue or black), but again, only because of the cut (like Levi's 511, but with a button fly and a longer inseam).
post #36 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnest Hemingway View Post

Construction on n&f is slightly better, more so on 3sixteen (hidden rivets etc.).

3Sixteen doesn't have hidden rivets. 3Sixteen+ does, but those cost $300. 3Sixteen denim and construction is so much better than N&F though.
post #37 of 42
These actually look really nice for the converted price. And the denim is 16 oz!

http://elha.us/products/bottom/warbonnet-16oz-combed-denim-ii1

I contacted them once and they stated that they would ship to the US.
post #38 of 42
Well it has all been said hasn't it. I say 501 STFs are the best 'entry level raw denim' in that someone new to the magical world of denim can learn how to shrink and see what wear patterns they accrue and all that for under $50. They're also a lot more durable than one might expect.
post #39 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddin View Post


3Sixteen doesn't have hidden rivets. 3Sixteen+ does, but those cost $300. 3Sixteen denim and construction is so much better than N&F though.

Thanks for droppin knowledge.

EDIT-
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Town View Post

These actually look really nice for the converted price. And the denim is 16 oz!

http://elha.us/products/bottom/warbonnet-16oz-combed-denim-ii1

I contacted them once and they stated that they would ship to the US.

The patch on those is badass:

500
post #40 of 42
I have a pair of APC NS, and the jeans are nice, but I don't think they live up to the hype. My first pair of selvedge was the Tellason John Graham Mellor, a slim straight with an angled rise. These just fit perfect. They are handmade in San Fran and cost about 200, but you may find them on sale.
post #41 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddin View Post


3Sixteen doesn't have hidden rivets. 3Sixteen+ does, but those cost $300. 3Sixteen denim and construction is so much better than N&F though.

Correct that core-line 3sixteen doesn't have hidden rivets and 3sixteen+ jeans do, but there are two prices for the 3sixteen+ line; the models that are made in the US retail for $230 and the newest Made in Japan series retails for $300. 3sixteen raw indigo selvedge and raw black selvedge retail for $198.
Edited by JL77 - 7/26/11 at 11:29pm
post #42 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Town View Post

These actually look really nice for the converted price. And the denim is 16 oz!

http://elha.us/products/bottom/warbonnet-16oz-combed-denim-ii1

I contacted them once and they stated that they would ship to the US.

Thanks for sharing those. Less than $100 + shipping looks to be a good deal for what they're offering.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Entry level raw denim