or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › New Forum Support  › New changes to B&S forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New changes to B&S forum - Page 6  

post #76 of 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatecloths View Post

The majority of the buyers/sellers who like the new system probably prefer eBay anyway, so why cater to them instead of the old guard?

Ebay fees are ridiculous. Nobody likes them. That's the whole point of B&S

Quote:
We need multiple item, threaded listings. I for one would donate to make this happen.

Thread bump policing and "system gaming" is taxing for the mods. I don't blame them for going in this direction.

But the new B&S is cluttered. I think the best way to go is with multi-item listings, but only allow each member one or two threads per category.
post #77 of 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post


Ebay fees are ridiculous. Nobody likes them. That's the whole point of B&S

I don't see how you were speaking to my point? However, as for yours: the lack of fees is not the "whole point of B&S." The B&S is also part of the SF general community, not an anonymous marketplace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Thread bump policing and "system gaming" is taxing for the mods. I don't blame them for going in this direction.

But the new B&S is cluttered. I think the best way to go is with multi-item listings, but only allow each member one or two threads per category.

I'm for the same thing you're for and think the # of threads/category idea is worth considering. Somewhere else I suggested multi-item listings be allowed for upgraded seller memberships - i.e. valued, reputable sellers. This wouldn't change the entirety of the new B&S system or regress to the nightmare the mods had with bumping. All the rules could be the same, but big sellers could post multi-item listings.

I was suggesting a donation system:

1. If a token system was necessary/possible to make changes
2. To help with all of the man hours going into this new system
post #78 of 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post


...............
Thread bump policing and "system gaming" is taxing for the mods. I don't blame them for going in this direction.

................

You have a point - one would have to consider the amount of time the mods may be spending in this regard.

However, how much 'fake thread bumping' and 'system gaming' was happening, and who was policing it?

From my perspective, people who were trying to game were mostly being caught out and reported by other buyers and sellers (this happened more on MC B&S than SW&D far as I could see). The mods would step in after that.

On the whole I would prefer a system that polices itself reasonably with admittedly a few loopholes, than one more rigid and with more externally enforced rules.
post #79 of 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


It's half correct. It would require a change of the rules, and a change in the membership structure, so that we don't get people posting 200 duplicate threads (don't laugh when I say that some smaret guy will try this) and bumping them every 24 hours or whatever. In other words, the membership structure needs to mesh with the new rules, or there will be chaos. The membership structure can be changed, but it requires us to get our developers to do it. Also, j and I would have to make a judgement that this would be a worthwhile experiment. This new rule structure is my idea, and in addition to making sure that the other rules are consistent with it, I'd have to okay this with my partner.

there should be built in bumps to the top of a megathread when the mandatory 5% drops are taken on all items.
post #80 of 549

i think the moderation that was coming from forum members was great, any fake bumps or price drops were reported.

 

also, they admins are looking for ways to make new improvements we just need to ask for them and they will integrate them as much as possible

post #81 of 549
I, too, think the prices on B and S are much higher than "normal".

I'm trying to figure out if the company that owns SF has something to do with this. Yes, I'm serious about this hypothesis/claim
post #82 of 549
lolwut.jpg









.
post #83 of 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4lnamja View Post

I, too, think the prices on B and S are much higher than "normal".

I'm trying to figure out if the company that owns SF has something to do with this. Yes, I'm serious about this hypothesis/claim

Beware the Sartorial-Industrial Complex. This goes all the way to the top people!
post #84 of 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4lnamja View Post

I, too, think the prices on B and S are much higher than "normal".

I'm trying to figure out if the company that owns SF has something to do with this. Yes, I'm serious about this hypothesis/claim

J and I own Styleforum.

I'm actually at a loss of words here. Well, put it this way. If I could somehow increase prices, and siphon off money without people knowing, then I could probably build a customized system that would telepathically respond to the desires in your head.
post #85 of 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


J and I own Styleforum.

I'm actually at a loss of words here. Well, put it this way. If I could somehow increase prices, and siphon off money without people knowing, then I could probably build a customized system that would telepathically respond to the desires in your head.

That's what you claim. Personally, I like the conspiracy angle. Maybe we can all be James Bond and shit.
post #86 of 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


J and I own Styleforum.

Think of how good this would sound if there was a Spoo in that sentence.. lol8[1].giflookaround.gif
post #87 of 549
The magic of B&S has gone.
post #88 of 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by TintinATL View Post

The magic of B&S has gone.

Because the Sartorial-Industrial Complex sold its soul for money- and now its coming for your soul. Pay up, or else.
post #89 of 549
The new system is nice for searchability. purposes. It does seem a bit harder to just browse though.
post #90 of 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

I posted this in TransMod and in the Forum Support threads, but I suppose just as relevant here - my views on the new B&S so far...

1. I feel the urgency is gone from a new listing. Mostly in fact because the page views are not prominent. Half the fun and key to grabbing fast sales on the old thread was getting in there first, and beating everyone else out. When you saw (well, when I saw) a thread with 1 page view, I knew it was fresh and the whole thread was filled with possibility.

There are other niggles that I can get into, but these are the most prominent issues for me. I used to refresh B&S like 40x daily - seriously - because I knew the urgency was there to "get in" as soon as a thread was posted... thats 99% gone lately, but I think by correcting these three things, it would help a bit. Other sellers and buyer can chime in if I am speaking for myself or the masses, but I really think that these small fixes would go a long way.

This.

Perhaps it's largely due to a decline in overall traffic (both sellers and buyers) as folks become used to the new platform. But regardless, the urgency factor has disappeared.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: New Forum Support
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › New Forum Support  › New changes to B&S forum