Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
- I liked the "regular forum thread" format despite whatever problems there may have been with bumping: I liked that people replied to threads, conversations started, people corrected errors in the listing ("that's actually CNC not Costume National"
) or pointed out when the MSRP was a lie or added their own information about the items based on personal experience -- this communal, conversational element is completely gone now as far as I can see
- I liked viewing multiple items from one seller in a single thread because it made me constantly keep an eye out for "package deals" as at least one person has already mentioned
- I liked seeing just the one-line description of the thread title, i.e. I agree with Spoo about "too much transparency"; now I never find myself even wanting to click on an item because I see the picture, size, and price, and unless they're all spot-on I just don't view the item, so I end up looking at a lot less than I used to (for people buying things they know they need before they ever start looking, this may be an improvement -- but like many resident SFers, I found it enjoyable to browse even things that were not my size and taste, or that were ambiguous based on the thread title)
- I dislike that the new format restricts sellers to one item per thread: there are too many threads and it seems 10x more cluttered and "busy" (in the bad way) than the old format
- I do not understand a lot of things about the new format (paying SF for bumping privileges? how bumping/replies work? etc), and based on 5 minutes of browsing I'm not sure that I really care to find out (just being brutally honest).
The bottom line for me is that I have scarcely looked through B&S since the changeover and I used to spend an hour a day just browsing for stuff to buy. I've pretty much lost interest in both buying and selling
-- I have no plans to relist the items I had in now-archived B&S threads.
I also have to say I still really f***ing hate the new sidebar.
Why do I care that someone I have never heard of has given a 3-star rating to "Bass Men's Logan Flat Panel Loafer"?? What does that have to do with anything? Unless you can somehow promise me that brands and items I am interested in will be featured/prioritized in this little highlights area, I find it not only useless but highly intrusive.