or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Top 10 List of most hated fashion brands: gaudy, tacky, flashy, ugly, gross clothing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Top 10 List of most hated fashion brands: gaudy, tacky, flashy, ugly, gross clothing. - Page 4

post #46 of 77

Why are these fashion related threads in MC? D&G is most certainly a fashion brand. Not only do they show in Milan, they have a number of items that match or exceed their Dolce&Gabbana counterparts (the most expensive shoes using crocodile or whatever exotic leathers have tended to be D&G not Dolce&Gabbana). Just different looks and perhaps design teams. Yes, they have items that exploit the brand image/name to milk the market for profit, but what brand doesn't? And your lists are just facepalm.gif

post #47 of 77
D&G/ Dolce whatever immediately comes to mind. I hate that brand. Worst deal in fashion in my opinion. Close 2nds are Armani, Tom ford and Versace. Armani is so played I can't believe people still buy it. Maybe because they are stuck with that bland color pallette and can't escape. Tom ford fabrics are poor for that price point. He's cool but his clothes are glitzy and hollow. Versace needs no explanation.
post #48 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangofett View Post


Have you told your Jewish friends not to wear Boss or drive Mercedes and not to bank in some of the Swiss Banks as well?

Many of my Chinese friends will not buy Japanese products for similar reasons. Despite the fact that most of those who where involved are long since dead, and the companies and organisations bare almost relation to their pre-WW2 versions.
post #49 of 77
I just read through this entire thread because it's still relatively short.

I felt the way Jangofett probably does right now when I first took Intellectual Property as a 1L. wow.gif

You should read Justice Breyer's 1970 Harvard Law Review article "The Uneasy Case for Copyright" (wiki):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Uneasy_Case_for_Copyright
post #50 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt22616 View Post

I just read through this entire thread because it's still relatively short.

I felt the way Jangofett probably does right now when I first took Intellectual Property as a 1L. wow.gif

You should read Justice Breyer's 1970 Harvard Law Review article "The Uneasy Case for Copyright" (wiki):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Uneasy_Case_for_Copyright

A good presentation on the same deal

post #51 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post


Many of my Chinese friends will not buy Japanese products for similar reasons. Despite the fact that most of those who where involved are long since dead, and the companies and organisations bare almost relation to their pre-WW2 versions.

Actually, I did not want to post anymore on the insane rampant piracy in China because this thread is on the shittiest brands.
But your post actually raises an interesting point festering for years.

Seems like the Chinese youths now still have a virulent hatred for the Japanese due to WWII and as a China becomes stronger and patriotism and jingoism rears its ugly head, Japan has cause to be afraid since Japan no longer can have an army. They can't rely on Uncle Sam to defend them because within the next decade, China will own USA in a manner Japan did not do in the 80s. I won't be surprised many Chinese were gloating over the Japanese nuclear thingy.

Japan got themselves to blame because their reparation efforts pale in comparison to the Germans and I think they actually profitted from WW II. The commoners dying be damned.

On your point, I heard of many POWs being shipped and used as slave labour in Japanese towns but not for the Zaibatsus like the Jews did for Siemens and Krupps.

On another unrelated point, I was surprised that the Nanking 2009 movie was such a major hit in China. Schindler's List it is not.
post #52 of 77
Nutters of Savile Row
post #53 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitAkira View Post

Why are these fashion related threads in MC? D&G is most certainly a fashion brand. Not only do they show in Milan, they have a number of items that match or exceed their Dolce&Gabbana counterparts (the most expensive shoes using crocodile or whatever exotic leathers have tended to be D&G not Dolce&Gabbana). Just different looks and perhaps design teams. Yes, they have items that exploit the brand image/name to milk the market for profit, but what brand doesn't? And


Well, Prada sports use full croc skins on loafers and sneakers, but those are still inferior to the mainline shoes.
Just like in life, not all crocs are made equal.

The Dolce main line shoes look better and are more costlier than the D & G ones.
They also come in exotic skins too, which should be the better skins.

D & G is really very euro trash in a way even Armani jeans cannot manage.
post #54 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt22616 View Post

I just read through this entire thread because it's still relatively short.

I felt the way Jangofett probably does right now when I first took Intellectual Property as a 1L. wow.gif

You should read Justice Breyer's 1970 Harvard Law Review article "The Uneasy Case for Copyright" (wiki):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Uneasy_Case_for_Copyright

You should present your argument to WIPO and Interpol and even the US anti-counterfeiting arm (forgot their name), who have been dedicating an inordinate amount of time and resources to catching these counterfeiters. Hey live and let live right?
post #55 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangofett View Post

Well, Prada sports use full croc skins on loafers and sneakers, but those are still inferior to the mainline shoes.
Just like in life, not all crocs are made equal.

The Dolce main line shoes look better and are more costlier than the D & G ones.
They also come in exotic skins too, which should be the better skins.

D & G is really very euro trash in a way even Armani jeans cannot manage.

How well do you know the brand? Tell me how FW09 menswear was in any way Eurotrash? I'll concede that a number of their collections are god awful, but they still put out conservative offerings that are on par with many other high-end fashion labels' basics. Put a D&G suits next to a Dolce&Gabbana suit and they're indistinguishable, often times including price (I believe FW09 had a $7000 wool and Astrakhan coat and some season came out with $3200 velvet oxfords). They're just separate lines with different designers

 

You're judging a line based on it's crappiest offerings

post #56 of 77
How is H&M top tacky, there is no branding on it.
post #57 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromestyle View Post

would LV, Gucci and D&G be part of your horror list?
Any brand that really disgusts you is welcome!

This is an ongoing list, you can suggest more tacky brands and I will update the list.
At the moment the brands that are included on the top ten list appear in no particular order. Once the top ten is selected and completed, Styleforum members will be able vote for the most tacky brand ever!

Super Top 10 Tacky Gaudy Brands:
it cannot get worst than this! This are the most hated brands.
1. Ed Hardy
2. D&G (Dolce & Gabanna)
3. A&F Abercrombie & Fitch
4. A|X Armani Exchange
4. LV Louis Vuitton
5. G-Star
6. Gucci
7. Diesel
8. Versace
9. Burberry
10. H&M

10-20 Mid Tacky Gaudy Brands:
Cavalli,
Tom Ford,
Moschino,
Stacy Adams,
True Religion,
Kenneth Cole,
Hollister,
John Varvatos,
Gant by Michael Bastian,
Zilli,
20-30 Low Tacky Gaudy Brands:
Guess,
Aeropostale,
D2,
Creed,
CK Jeans,
Superdry,
Jack Willies,
Lyle and Scott,
Black Fleece,
Faconnable,

Dolce & Gabanna
Ferre,
FCUK,
Cole Haan,
RedGreen from Denmark,
Bono,
Unit and Hurley,
Joseph Abboud,
Rubinacci,
Paul & Shark,
American Eagle,
Gaastra,
Superdry,
Fat Face,
American Eagle,
Jones New York,
Joseph A Bank,
TH,
Battaglia,
Bijan,
Stefano Ricci,
Steve Madden,
Viviene Westwood,
US Polo Association,
TJ collection,
Point Zero,
Arnold Zimburg,
Robert Graham,
Kappa,
Theory,
Sciamat,
RW&CO,
Le Chateau,
MEXX,
Band of Outsiders,
Filson,
Barbour,
Bose,

not so tacky:
Engineered Garments,
Pierre Cardin,
Penguin,
Alden,
Church's,
Gap,
Zara,
YSL,
Polo,
Fred Perry,
Ralph Lauren,
Calvin Klein,
DKNY,
Gant,
Nautica,
Izod,
Banana Republic,
Tommy Hilfiger,
Emporio Armani,
Lacoste,
Cucinelli,
Dior Homme,
Hugo Boss,
Prada,

Watches:

Rolex and some Hublot

To the OP this is single handedly the most ridiculous list I've seen. Who made you the brand police? You put Gant and Banana Republic in the same list. Together with Cucinelli, Ralph Lauren, Alden, Filson and Barbour... baldy[1].gif
post #58 of 77
This whole thread makes no sense... just my $ 0.02
post #59 of 77
JEROME your list is silly. but if i had to answer i'd say the overly branded LV / GUCCI items.
post #60 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitAkira View Post

How well do you know the brand? Tell me how FW09 menswear was in any way Eurotrash? I'll concede that a number of their collections are god awful, but they still put out conservative offerings that are on par with many other high-end fashion labels' basics. Put a D&G suits next to a Dolce&Gabbana suit and they're indistinguishable, often times including price (I believe FW09 had a $7000 wool and Astrakhan coat and some season came out with $3200 velvet oxfords). They're just separate lines with different designers

 

You're judging a line based on it's crappiest offerings


+1 I have a gorgeous D&G tux jacket which is just the opposite of tacky. And yes it was expensive (~1000$) and no I don't regret buying it. I love it!


Quote:
Originally Posted by anginaprinzmetal View Post


To the OP this is single handedly the most ridiculous list I've seen. Who made you the brand police? You put Gant and Banana Republic in the same list. Together with Cucinelli, Ralph Lauren, Alden, Filson and Barbour... baldy[1].gif

+1 The list is just crap. IMO it doesn't make sense. What you did is show us that you know a few of the brands out there but there is no logic at all behind your "tackiness-meter" crackup[1].gif I would also like to know why a let's say Burberry trench coat is considered "tacky"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Top 10 List of most hated fashion brands: gaudy, tacky, flashy, ugly, gross clothing.