or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Top 10 List of most hated fashion brands: gaudy, tacky, flashy, ugly, gross clothing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Top 10 List of most hated fashion brands: gaudy, tacky, flashy, ugly, gross clothing. - Page 2

post #16 of 77
since when is stacey adams a luxury brand?
post #17 of 77

+1
/thread
post #18 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

since when is stacey adams a luxury brand?

Um, ya, well...
post #19 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromestyle View Post

I don´t think the logo itself looks so bad

There are actually three different clothing stores in this city, which use the Armani bird logo trademark as part of their store-front branding. Non of which actually sells Armani, or least any Armani which is remotely genuine.


BTW I wonder which famous German car manufacturer is having its trademark infringed here?
500
post #20 of 77
Thread Starter 
those are compliments to the original brand.
post #21 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post


I think Armani is asking for it by having all these different lines...Burberry, etc.


Brand positions themselves as luxury brand, charges insane, unearned prices. Cultivates aura of exclusivity. Brand realizes exclusivity means exclusivity -- not many buyers. Creates diffusion lines and brandwhore items people can afford (plaid belts, LV wallets). People buy their stuff. With people buying their stuff, they are perceived as less exclusive, oh noes!

WAT DO!




.
post #22 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post

Meanwhile, economy brands create upscale lines (Goooold trumpeteeer!) with loro piana fabric made in all manner of crazy Italian villas, yet some people will never forgive their original thriftiness.

Who's with me!




.
Maybe it's the small-timer in me, but I don't think HSM started out as an "economy" brand.
post #23 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post


In which case neither is D&G, what the OP suggested.

Both of which I consider gaudy, obnoxious, strictly for brand whores, and are certainly on my hate list.

I'm guessing OP either mistook D&G for Dolce & Gabbana or he really meant D&G, and yes that is not a luxury brand.
post #24 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post


I'm guessing OP either mistook D&G for Dolce & Gabbana or he really meant D&G, and yes that is not a luxury brand.

I think it's perceived as being luxury here in China though. They sure charge a lot for the real-mccoy in Beijing and Shanghai. Hell there is even a knock-off version called Dolce & Banana, D&B. biggrin.gif
post #25 of 77
Thread Starter 
yes, I took it for the same brand
post #26 of 77
.
Edited by Louis XIV - 10/14/11 at 1:54am
post #27 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post


There are actually three different clothing stores in this city, which use the Armani bird logo trademark as part of their store-front branding. Non of which actually sells Armani, or least any Armani which is remotely genuine.

Bet Giorgio would be livid when he finds this out!!

I wonder when will the day finally come when one finds a high street shop in China selling fake Armanis with Armani internal decor, complete with a sign including the fake Armani eagle logo and a shop name that reads like Armani in Chinese.

But its not really Armani (wink. wink.). Its Ya-Man-Ni complete with properous Mandarin characters.
post #28 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangofett View Post


Bet Giorgio would be livid when he finds this out!!

I wonder when will the day finally come when one finds a high street shop in China selling fake Armanis with Armani internal decor, complete with a sign including the fake Armani eagle logo and a shop name that reads like Armani in Chinese.

But its not really Armani (wink. wink.). Its Ya-Man-Ni complete with properous Mandarin characters.

Giorgio loves China and China loves Giorgio. He is very aware of this and takes it as a compliment.
post #29 of 77
..
Edited by Pliny - 7/18/11 at 5:33am
post #30 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromestyle View Post


Giorgio loves China and China loves Giorgio. He is very aware of this and takes it as a compliment.

You kidding right? Most Westerners not used to China's 'laissez faire' ways do not take too kindly to money being taken from their pockets or being made used of.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Top 10 List of most hated fashion brands: gaudy, tacky, flashy, ugly, gross clothing.