or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Leffot + EG complaint
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leffot + EG complaint - Page 5

post #61 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post

Leffot is a bunch of whinny-ass babies who have lost my business forever (unless they give me something free).
FIFY
post #62 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossoso View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick V. View Post

The guy created a shoe that you wanted. You were willing pay for it. Now you're shopping it. Right? What do you for a living? To be fair, let's explorer that
what do you do for a livinng? Think Steve's ripping you off? No, he goes a long way. Maybe not for shoppers.[/quote]

So he is catering to... ...... uh........ .......... .......... what are you talking about?

*I keep deleting most of my posts because I feel like it would be uncouth to be as ruthless in this sub- as I am in the rest of them. All hail decorum.*

EDIT! EDIT! EDIT!: Why is my whole fucking post in quotes?!
post #63 of 248
God this sound like a discussion in fucking Contracts class. We're talking about a pair of fucking shoes here, not a multimillion dollar deal. EG gave Leffot an exclusive on the design you're after. If he chose to sue EG for performance, OPs legal bill would be cost more than an entire closet full of EGs and Huntsman suits. OP, pony up Leffots quoted price and move on.
post #64 of 248
Beat the system, fuck it all.
post #65 of 248
Does no one find it odd you guys are the same ones posting in this thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/255667/best-deals-you-ve-gotten

?

I am just amazed that a corporate entity seems never to have heard of the internet. Price comparisons? GTFO... Next, you'll be telling me I can find porn on this thing! foo.gif



.
post #66 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossoso View Post


You went way off the reservation with most of that post so I left it out of the quote, do you actually know that any of what I have quoted of your statements to be true? Did you see my reference to this mornings article in the New York Times Style Section, page 5? Deals with this issue in kind. Not specifically, of course (as we are just talking about it now), but, in kind. By American standards there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way the OP handled himself. Republicans, which I know (from CE) most of you are, should commend him on his actions. Free market bitches. That's American and that's badass, right?

Reservation?

You listed the facts that you know of and asked if you forgot anything. And I pointed out that you forgot the most important fact.

As for your NY Times reference... I live in LA and I don't have NYT Subscription.

Freemarket? You do realize if you believe in Free Market then ANYTHING leffot does is free market sa well. You cannot hold one thing sacred and make another abomination. Free Market is just that. If you want to use the Free Market argument, then both the OP and Leffot are whiners. Suck it up and move on would be the only thing to do... if you believe in Free Market.
post #67 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post

I mean, does no one find it odd you guys are the same ones posting in this thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/255667/best-deals-you-ve-gotten

?




.

My integrity is intact.
post #68 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesX View Post


Reservation?

You listed the facts that you know of and asked if you forgot anything. And I pointed out that you forgot the most important fact.

As for your NY Times reference... I live in LA and I don't have NYT Subscription.

Freemarket? You do realize if you believe in Free Market then ANYTHING leffot does is free market sa well. You cannot hold one thing sacred and make another abomination. Free Market is just that. If you want to use the Free Market argument, then both the OP and Leffot are whiners. Suck it up and move on would be the only thing to do... if you believe in Free Market.

1. Yeah, you started talking about cars.
2. I live in Seattle for two months of the year, still get the NYT, even finds its way down to Mexico City... mind fuck, I know.
3. Free market goes both ways, agreed. No, no one is right, is that how the expression goes? Or is it...? The customer is always... .... .... something? One syllable? Little help? Anybody?
post #69 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post

Leffot is a bunch of whinny-ass babies who have lost my business forever (unless they do something to gain my trust back).

I feel the purpose of this forum is to discuss men’s style, but also to notify other members of good purchases and sales. I have done this numerous times posting sales and better prices when found. While I understand that small companies like Leffot need to make a profit, I believe that we as consumers have the right to shop around and find the best deal. If we feel like it, we can share that deal with our fellow consumers on SF.

About two months ago, I decided I wanted a pair of EG Westminster Navy Cordovan. I wrote both Edward Green and Leffot. Leffot got back to me first and gave me a quote. Someone on this form informed me that only Leffot had them. So, I placed an order with Leffot but was not charged immediately as the shoes were not going to be made for another five months. The day after placing my order, EG contacted me and told me that they were available for special order and the price they quoted me was $475 less than Leffot. So, I called the same day and canceled my order with Leffot and placed it with EG.

Did I have to post this fact on SF? No, and in hindsight it was not wise. However, I feel that I was well within my right to do it. EG sent me a bill and I paid it and was anxiously awaiting my shoes for the last two months. I consider my correspondence with EG to be a written contract with them acknowledging my order and accepting my payment. Yesterday, I received the following letter from EG:

“I am sorry to write to you on this matter, there is a problem with your Westminster Navy Cordovan order.

This shoe was chosen and styled by Leffot for their 3rd anniversary celebration, they have been in contact with us as they had a order for the style cancelled and then it was posted online that the shoe is available cheaper from Jermyn Street than at Leffot.

This means we are now not able to make this shoe so I am sorry we can not meet your order for a Westminster Navy Cordovan on this occasion.

We have the Sandringham available in Navy Cordovan from November this year otherwise other styles are available MTO in Navy Cordovan if you would like to chose something else or we will refund your deposit paid?

I look forward to speaking to you soon.

******** ********
Store Manager
Edward Green”

So, instead of attempting to gain customers by being competitive in their pricing, they have sales people who read internet forums and make sure customers are not getting a better deal else ware. They then go behind those potential customer’s back and use their leverage to have EG cancel orders. I find this an extremely backhanded way of doing business.

Here is what I think Leffot should have done (pick one):
• Ignored the whole incident and cater to the customers that walk into the store and pay full price
• Contacted me and asked me to take down my posts about the better price
• Offered to at least come close to EG’s price or some other service to offset the price difference
• Get off internet forums and sell shoes!

Anyone from Leffot care to comment or explain yourself? I am more than happy to hear your side of the story and I know you are reading this as you read my other posts. You also knew that I would post this as I have posted about you before and I was excited about receiving my shoes until you ruined it.

EG was never going to sell you shell MTOs at that price. The quote you got was for calf shoes. That explains the difference.
post #70 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Pretty clear who the whiny ass baby is in this situation and it ain't Leffot.

+1,000,000,000,000,000

FFS, this thread is ridiculous

The calf/cordovan issue has been discussed. Are you sure the EG shoe wasn't calf?

In the case that the EG shoe was indeed cordovan, It's EG's fault for taking the order when it was a Leffot design exclusive. Why are dragging Leffot's name through the mud?
Edited by jrd617 - 7/17/11 at 3:53pm
post #71 of 248
A sad albeit interesting situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmf895 View Post

God this sound like a discussion in fucking Contracts class. We're talking about a pair of fucking shoes here, not a multimillion dollar deal.

Having lived in several countries where contracts are not honored I think you should count your lucky stars that there are legal systems that afford protection to a contract whether one-thousand dollars or one-thousand-million dollars.

For reasons known to Leffot and EG a contract between the parties exists. Appears this provides Leffot the exclusive right to the particular shoe. Appears EG breached this contract by making the shoe available to those other than the exclusive distributor.

What remains unclear to me is whether EG solicited the business from the OP, i.e., the OP was contacted by EG, who encouraged him to cancel his order with Leffot. If true this is outrageous behavior by EG.

Did a contract exist between OP and Leffot? If so I'd interested to know the terms of it. Leffot may be able to take action against OP for breach of contract as well as libel. It seems Leffot's reputation has been damaged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post

I understand Leffot's position, but I feel they should have contacted me directly. They went out of their way to go behind my back, pull up my order with EG (I assume they did this using my shipping address) and make EG cancel my order. That is not a way to get customer loyalty.

I don't know whether Leffot would have needed to do such digging. Once they saw someone claiming to have purchased the shoe directly from EG all that Leffot needed to do is remind EG of the contract's terms.

Does Leffot not charge a large, non-refundable deposit when orders are placed? If not it may behoove them to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agjiffy View Post

Nick - by your logic, I am the creator of multiple pairs of Edward Green shoes. On numerous occasion, I've selected model, last, leather, brandishing. Do the combinations that I've selected now belong to me such that no one else can order them? What about the combinations on the Leather Soul website? Can I order one of those from Leffot?
A

Perhaps. Do you have an agreement w/ EG granting you such exclusivity? Do you hold the design patent / industrial design right for what you claim to have created?
post #72 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post

Does no one find it odd you guys are the same ones posting in this thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/255667/best-deals-you-ve-gotten

?

I am just amazed that a corporate entity seems never to have heard of the internet. Price comparisons? GTFO... Next, you'll be telling me I can find porn on this thing! foo.gif



.

THIS +1
post #73 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post


This isn't fair. I understand the guys anger. $475 is a lot of money, and when you think you've gotten a good deal like that and saved it, only to have it ripped out from under you sucks. But imagine if Leffot had $475 ripped out from under then for every sale.

Well, EGs overhead is priced into every pair of shoes. Leffot's overhead is priced into every pair of shoes. Why would anyone pay a 3rd party $475 more than they need to when they can go right to the source. IIRC, NORE went directly through EG when he purchased his shoes. Guess why he did not go through Leffot when they are both in the same city?

Do Leffot's shoes say: Edward Green for Leffot on the inside sole? They probably do. EGs shoes just say Edward Green. There is no way that Leffot can claim that something is an exclusive design when they chose an existing last and an existing skin. That is B.S.
post #74 of 248
It's awfully nice of you guys to christen the new SF with a multi-thread threak.
post #75 of 248
Thread Starter 
For clarification, the EG price was for (and I have this in writing) "cordovan navy blue Westminster in the 888 last UK 11.).

In addition, Leffot does charge a 50% deposit on all custom orders. However, I canceled the order before it was entered and I was charged. If they would have chosen to not let me cancel the order, then I would have just purchased the shoes from them as that would have been my contract.

Instead, they let me cancel my order and EG let me place an order.

Since Leffot doesn't post the price of these shoes, I'll do it for them: $1775.

Also, the whole thing about Leffot offers personal service is moot (damn tapatalk) as I live in Philly an my order was taken over the phone. If they were local to me, I would understand that argument and be willing to pay for it.
Edited by Patek - 7/17/11 at 5:00pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Leffot + EG complaint