or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › New Forum Support  › You got issues? I got answers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You got issues? I got answers - Page 4  

post #46 of 345
Hiland, what is the meaning of life?

BTW where are our shot girls?!


Srsly though, thanks for all your (and your coworker's) hard work leading up to this.
post #47 of 345
I hate inefficient websites where it takes too much time to find what I am looking for, or to check for updates relevant to my interests.

How do I -

1. decrease the amount of space between thread titles on the forum display? I don't want to have to scroll down several screens just to see a page of threads. i would like to reduce the amount of wasted space in between each thread title (with the "started by" line etc)

2. get more than 10 results to show up on each page when I search for threads. If I want to search for threads with "chan" or "navy" or "fresco" in the title, I'm going to get 100s of results. if i am looking for a particular thread, i don't want to have to click through dozens of pages, i would want to have a few pages with 50 or so results apiece so I can quickly locate the thread I want (preferably without a ton of wasted space).
post #48 of 345
Oh now that I think about it I do have a question.

Is there a way to get a notification for when someone leaves a public message on your profile? Email, PM, skype, tweet..... smoke signals, etc, whatever.
post #49 of 345
A few questions:

--Before, I could click on the check box to get me to the last place I left off in the thread. How can I do something similar now? Either I get to my last post, which I've long since read past, or I get to the newest post, and have to go back through the whole thread and find where I stopped.

- How on gods green earth can I resize the forum width? I keep having to scroll right on my tiny screen.

-All my subscriptions have been re-added. There are over 1000 of them. How can I kill them all at once?
post #50 of 345
1. In the B&S section, is there a way to remove the blue guidelines? That wall of text takes up an entire screen.

2. When going between pages in the B&S, is there a way to have it automatically scroll up to the top once the new page loads so I don't have to scroll every time?
post #51 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTionS View Post

1. In the B&S section, is there a way to remove the blue guidelines? That wall of text takes up an entire screen.

2. When going between pages in the B&S, is there a way to have it automatically scroll up to the top once the new page loads so I don't have to scroll every time?

1. I could delete it altogether, but experience has told us that if the rules aren't really there, they will never be followed. If you have a better idea to make people aware of expectations, I would be happy to adopt it.

2. Not quite sure what you mean. Could you rephrase, and I'll try to answer.
post #52 of 345
Hiland,
I think we'd all feel more comfortable entrusting you with SF if we could see some fit pics first. SWD is ok, but MC preferred.

Also, the RSS feeds from the B&S classifieds are pulling all the posts even when you have them filtered. Is there a way to get different RSS feeds when you have different filters on? Looks like the URL changes with each filter.
post #53 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post

Oh now that I think about it I do have a question.

Is there a way to get a notification for when someone leaves a public message on your profile? Email, PM, skype, tweet..... smoke signals, etc, whatever.

default should be email. i didnt make any changes and i got an email when you posted on my profile. thanks btw smile.gif
post #54 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

A few questions:

--Before, I could click on the check box to get me to the last place I left off in the thread. How can I do something similar now? Either I get to my last post, which I've long since read past, or I get to the newest post, and have to go back through the whole thread and find where I stopped.

Ok, anybody have a line on this one? Its exceptionally annoying.
post #55 of 345
Um... I can't see the sticky's a the top of each forum anymore? Saw them yesterday just after the change but now they are gone!
post #56 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post


Ok, anybody have a line on this one? Its exceptionally annoying.

Wait, you could do that before? wtf?
post #57 of 345
x-post from transmod: I can't access my userprofile. New system having problems with usernames with slashes?
post #58 of 345
I'm too lazy to browse through the thread, so apologies if this has already been brought up.

I have a BB 9700 running OS 6 - I'm unable to browse the new site because pages are too large and causing memory problems. While I realize that this is a limitation on my piece of garbage phone, just thought that I'd put it out there.
post #59 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post


Wait, you could do that before? wtf?

Yeah! You could either click the little check box on the left hand side before the thread title, or, you could click the last post link in the main forum view and it would take you to the place where you last left off. All this backtracking is driving me fucking nuts.
post #60 of 345
trying to post something in the Classified forum but I cant add a picture?? on firefox and other browsers I cant click the 'Add photos' button at all and on explorer it just sends me back to the top of the page? I've tried it on a PC and a Mac and have had the same results both times. Any ideas??? thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: New Forum Support
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › New Forum Support  › You got issues? I got answers