• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carmaggedon (in Los Angeles)

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So are all of you westsiders just staying home next weekend?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

I need to be downtown on Sunday (from Santa Barbara), and hope the traffic won't be horrific.

--Andre

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good. I hope you all you westsiders suffer in your smugness
biggrin.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
haha. I get into LA on Monday next week, staying around LAX, miss this by a hair.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This will be absolutely catastrophic.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
Wouldn't surprise me, but maybe it'll end up being less painful than feared. I liked that bridge, though. It was a good shortcut for taking canyon roads when the 405 was jammed.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs

This would be my expectation.

tj100

Reaction score
I think they've done a pretty good job of scaring everybody off the roads. My guess is that it's not nearly as bad as the hype.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope. Going to Cabo for the weekend.

teacha.gif

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
The apocalyptic language is fun. Also, there is a lane on Wilshire Blvd near my work, in one of the most dense traffic areas near the 405, which is blocked by a sign warning about the coming traffic that weekend. Watching the bottleneck as people try to get around that sign the past few weeks is like some kind of metaphor.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I would not venture outside for anything on that weekend. Of course, "normal" LA traffic makes me suicidal/homicidal already so I am not sure what woudl change, if anything.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
I'm going to see the Monkees with my mother at the Greek. I could probably get there by walking if I was feeling intrepid, but she has to make it from the SF Valley somehow.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to be at the Music Center at 2 on Sunday. I'll have to see what Saturday traffic (traditionally much worse than Sunday) is like to plan my route. Usually, it's 101 all the way down, but an alternate route may be 101->118->210->110. All to see a comedic ballet set on a Soviet collectivist farm.
facepalm.gif

--Andre

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
I'm going to see the Monkees with my mother at the Greek. I could probably get there by walking if I was feeling intrepid, but she has to make it from the SF Valley somehow.

file this under "sentence one never expects to read and could not come up with if tossing words randomly in a salad bowl."

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
laugh.gif
She was a fan letter-writing adolescent in the 60s and I am a decent son.
Originally Posted by A Y
I need to be at the Music Center at 2 on Sunday. I'll have to see what Saturday traffic (traditionally much worse than Sunday) is like to plan my route. Usually, it's 101 all the way down, but an alternate route may be 101->118->210->110. All to see a comedic ballet set on a Soviet collectivist farm.
facepalm.gif
--Andre

That actually sounds kind of great. Orange line to red line perhaps?

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Metro is definitely a possibility.

BTW, Carmageddon is creating teh jobs:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/11/c...s-others-taki/

SiriusXM will have a dedicated channel for that weekend, some theater is giving away free popcorn, and someone is giving away their commuting music for free.

--Andre

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads