or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Schmuck (ehemm WONDERFUL HUMAN BEING) Who Gave Jeter His Ball Back
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Schmuck (ehemm WONDERFUL HUMAN BEING) Who Gave Jeter His Ball Back

post #1 of 174
Thread Starter 
First of all, I'm a Met fan. Second of all, I do think Jeter is one of the best baseball players in the modern era, a real class act, and I'm proud that he's played his entire career in my city.

But the guy who caught his 3000th hit, a home run yesterday, just GAVE THE BALL BACK TO HIM! I think he's an idiot. Baseball, and ball players are not like they used to be. These guys, even guys like Jeter and Ripkin, are overpaid pampered brats who feel entitled to everything. If I were this guy, I would have held that ball for my kids college tuitions (Ok maybe a few suits at Ercole's too!) and asked the Yankees or Jeter to make me an offer on it. But this guy just GAVE it back. Wanna know what he got in return? A few shirts, some signed balls, and 4 tickets for the rest of this year to every game. Schmuck.
post #2 of 174
don't fret, teach. I'm sure that poor basterds getting earfulls from his SO, his friends, his family, his co-workers.....
post #3 of 174
I read that on Yahoo! News yesterday. I thought it was a really nice thing to do.
post #4 of 174
Dude is a DICK! I would have sold that bad boy to the highest bidder! Luckily that dude is not my friend..cause i would be ragging on him. DICKHEAD!!
(Full disclaimer: Mets fan)
post #5 of 174
stupid move, and the yanks and jeter are bigger dicks for not sending some coin that guys way, really encourages someone to ive back the ball next time
post #6 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
First of all, I'm a Met fan. Second of all, I do think Jeter is one of the best baseball players in the modern era, a real class act, and I'm proud that he's played his entire career in my city.

But the guy who caught his 3000th hit, a home run yesterday, just GAVE THE BALL BACK TO HIM! I think he's an idiot. Baseball, and ball players are not like they used to be. These guys, even guys like Jeter and Ripkin, are overpaid pampered brats who feel entitled to everything. If I were this guy, I would have held that ball for my kids college tuitions (Ok maybe a few suits at Ercole's too!) and asked the Yankees or Jeter to make me an offer on it. But this guy just GAVE it back. Wanna know what he got in return? A few shirts, some signed balls, and 4 tickets for the rest of this year to every game. Schmuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post
Dude is a DICK! I would have sold that bad boy to the highest bidder! Luckily that dude is not my friend..cause i would be ragging on him. DICKHEAD!!
(Full disclaimer: Mets fan)


You guys are what's wrong with America. So the ball is important to Jeter, and Jeter only. It isn't important to anyone else. Everyone else just wants to make a buck off of it. Jeter is the only one who woke up earlier every morning took BP, took extra BP when he was slumping, got beaned, made adjustments at the plate, didn't take roids, faced a fastball from Randy Johnson, faced a circle change from Pedro Martinez, played hurt, got hurt while playing and basically played under the microscope of the New York media and did something that no other NYY had ever done before. This other guy is just some guy who brought a ticket and sat down and now you want him to hold this ball hostage??

Former Lightwieght champion Diego Corrales, god rest his soul, once beat up his girlfriend because she trashed his championship belts. They asked him why you would risk serious jail time over a belt that cost less than $100 to make. He said that it wasn't the belt, but all the shit you have to go through to get the belt.
post #7 of 174
He was also PAID a whole lot of $$ 'cause FANS went to the stadium to watch him play!
So if it's that important to him, he can give me $300K(min) for it!!
post #8 of 174
The kid has the right attitude.
post #9 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post
He was also PAID a whole lot of $$ 'cause FANS went to the stadium to watch him play!
So if it's that important to him, he can give me $300K(min) for it!!

Hmm, who do you think made out better Jeter or the Yankees?? You get a totally marketable guy who's t-shirts and Jerseys will sell for what 16 years. He isn't even done yet. I remember when people were saying Ortiz was done last year, he's on pace for a 40 HR season this year.
post #10 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
Hmm, who do you think made out better Jeter or the Yankees?? You get a totally marketable guy who's t-shirts and Jerseys will sell for what 16 years. He isn't even done yet. I remember when people were saying Ortiz was done last year, he's on pace for a 40 HR season this year.

what does that mean^^. what does that have to do with the schmuck who gave the ball back?
post #11 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post
what does that mean^^. what does that have to do with the schmuck who gave the ball back?

Sorry I misread your post. Get into penny stocks or play the lottery if you want quick money. Or go to some Nats or White Sox games next year and hope for an IRod or Visquel HR for their 3000th hit.
post #12 of 174
Regardless of how much money the guy makes or how big of douchebags pro athletes are, the fact that this guy performed a legitimate, unselfish act of kindness with no intentions of profiting from it gives me a little more faith in humanity. That being said, if I caught it, I might have asked for a wee bit more than some tickets...
post #13 of 174
So, if the ball had gone into the open market for sale, what do you think the selling price range might have been? What would you use as a comp to justify that price?
post #14 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
Sorry I misread your post. Get into penny stocks or play the lottery if you want quick money. Or go to some Nats or White Sox games next year and hope for an IRod or Visquel HR for their 3000th hit.

Everybody loves money...that's why they call it money!
post #15 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
You guys are what's wrong with America. So the ball is important to Jeter, and Jeter only. It isn't important to anyone else. Everyone else just wants to make a buck off of it. Jeter is the only one who woke up earlier every morning took BP, took extra BP when he was slumping, got beaned, made adjustments at the plate, didn't take roids, faced a fastball from Randy Johnson, faced a circle change from Pedro Martinez, played hurt, got hurt while playing and basically played under the microscope of the New York media and did something that no other NYY had ever done before. This other guy is just some guy who brought a ticket and sat down and now you want him to hold this ball hostage??

+ a million. I might not have done the same thing, but to trash the guy for doing a decent thing is laughable and really pathetic.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Schmuck (ehemm WONDERFUL HUMAN BEING) Who Gave Jeter His Ball Back