• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Driving to Florida from NYC. Stops?

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving down to Orlando to SeaWorld et.al. Where should I stop along the way? I'm doing all of the driving and was thinking of a stop at Myrtle Beach.

Thanks!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume you're driving down I-95. Myrtle Beach is out of the way and doesn't offer much to anyone out of college. Possible stops: Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, DC, Richmond, Savannah.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been to B'more so I know how nice the Aquarium is, and someone at work suggested Savannah. I'm thinking NYC > Bush Gardens in VA > Myrtle Beach, SC > Orlando.

Any other options will be much appreciated.

gaymafia

Reaction score
Don't stop in any of those scary southern states like Georgia and South Carolina.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just read on another thread South of the Border, Savannah, get off I95 to A1A at Jacksonville which follows the coast. Any other ideas?

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gaymafia
Don't stop in any of those scary southern states like Georgia and South Carolina.
uhoh.gif

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Savannah here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how many days are you looking to make the drive? 2? because i would definitely agree with Savannah.

but that would make for a very long first day of driving - leave very early int the morning and with the traffic around NYC and DC, you're looking at pulling into Savannah pretty late.

Savannah is probably the only place right along I95 that has first class hotels, and it's a pretty pleasant place to stay with nice restaurants, great bars, and a nice little promenade area. but i'm not sure if you want to spend any time there, or just crash and leave first thing. it's a half day from Savannah to Orlando so you could take day 2 of driving pretty easy

if you're good with detouring a good distance east of I95, you've got the Outer Banks of NC (a bit closer), Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head (about as far as Savannah i think)

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gas station...
blush.gif

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
What particularly about/in Savannah?

Savannah to me is a great organic experience. I rarly plan an itenerary and like to wonder the city taking in the squares and the history of the city. If you are into architecture, it is really a fun time seeing all of the houses and squares. To me the spanish moss provides an ambiance that cannot be topped.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zarathustra
Savannah to me is a great organic experience. I rarly plan an itenerary and like to wonder the city taking in the squares and the history of the city. If you are into architecture, it is really a fun time seeing all of the houses and squares. To me the spanish moss provides an ambiance that cannot be topped.

Oh... and it is a freaking haul to Savannah in one shot. But without getting off 95, there really isn't anywhere to go easily.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the advice thus far. We don't really have a plan except that our south-most stop will be SeaWorld Orlando. Here's what I'm thinking:

Going Fri ~2AM;
NYC -> Williamsburg, VA (Bush Gardens)
VA -> either NC (Outer Banks), SC (Myrtle Beach) or Savannah, GA
GA -> Orlando by Wed morning.

Back leaving Fri Night;
Orlando, FL -> NY by sometime Sunday: stop somewhere interesting as soon as I need rest from driving.

Eustace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charleston, SC would be a little detour, but if you haven't been it's a great city. Better than any other you have listed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads