or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Hilditch & Key Cashmere Scarves Discontinued!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hilditch & Key Cashmere Scarves Discontinued! - Page 2

post #16 of 29
I'd love to have one, or three. But I can't imagine when I would ever wear one.
post #17 of 29
Thread Starter 
A photo would be nice. When I'm next at home, I'll try to snap one.
post #18 of 29
Are these available for purchase online? If we have to go to Paris in person, pretty harsh to blame us for it. Were these made by Drakes? (Drake's is selling the Moghul pattern scarves but not any (western) mediaeval tapestry ones).

Give us some info, we'll buy.
post #19 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post
Someone post photos so we can all see what the fuss is about.

+1
post #20 of 29
Attachment 67504 The one I had handy. Cashmere and silk, 90 cm on a side.
LL
post #21 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
The one I had handy. Cashmere and silk, 90 cm on a side.
Thanks Will. I have one in that pattern and colorway. Adding to its appeal is the fact that it was purchased on a visit to H&K with RJman.

I'm recalling that Alden joined us too. Afterward we walked over to Charvet to take a look. I ordered my LL tie and Alden helped me pick a couple of others. That was a very nice afternoon.
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Attachment 67504 The one I had handy. Cashmere and silk, 90 cm on a side.
Well, I can see how that was discontinued. Did they have anything wearable?
post #23 of 29
Yes, the LL tie. The first one I ordered didn't arrive. I had Charvet make a second, and no sooner did it show up than I received a notice to pick up the first from my local post office where it had been sitting for three months. All that time I had been blaming the French unfairly. Still, someone had to be blamed.
post #24 of 29
..
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Attachment 67504 The one I had handy. Cashmere and silk, 90 cm on a side.
That is a beautiful object. I would like to own one but I cannot imagine how I could possibly wear one. It is a pity that it isn't PS-sized because it is certainly something that begs for an excuse to use it.
post #26 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post
Well, I can see how that was discontinued. Did they have anything wearable?
With a name like Patek I would expect more ... but perhaps you are Nouveau Patek.
post #27 of 29
..
post #28 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSS View Post
With a name like Patek I would expect more ... but perhaps you are Nouveau Patek.
You lost me on that quip. Maybe you can pull that scarf off, I would look like I was trying too hard/borrowing my grandmothers scarf.
post #29 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post
You lost me on that quip. Maybe you can pull that scarf off, I would look like I was trying too hard/borrowing my grandmothers scarf.
When looking at it as a whole I can understand your point. However, folded and properly tucked it's not that different from a long rectangular winter scarf. And the patterns -- not all that visible when folded -- are like bits and pieces of art history.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Hilditch & Key Cashmere Scarves Discontinued!