or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Watches are back, baby!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Watches are back, baby! - Page 4

post #46 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Spence thought you had a roo? I like ap but would never buy one due to their panerai like popularity these days.

Jet, I do have this ROO, the new Diver. I had the ROO Themes on SS, but sold it.

AP is big now, but nowhere near Panerais popularity level. Panerai has a larger catalog (not including womens AP pieces), lower price point on many pieces, and makes far more watches per year. That being said AP is getting bigger, I think for the better. They used to make 101 Limited Edition ROO’s which I thought was kind of over kill, but they seem to be honing their vision lately, and even producing more and nicer dressier pieces such as the Milenary line.

post #47 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Jet, I do have this ROO, the new Diver. I had the ROO Themes on SS, but sold it.

AP is big now, but nowhere near Panerais popularity level. Panerai has a larger catalog (not including womens AP pieces), lower price point on many pieces, and makes far more watches per year. That being said AP is getting bigger, I think for the better. They used to make 101 Limited Edition ROO's which I thought was kind of over kill, but they seem to be honing their vision lately, and even producing more and nicer dressier pieces such as the Milenary line.


i'm sorry, but . classic RO, beautiful. This is a bit of a monstrosity.
post #48 of 69
I love that ROO Diver. djrajio has one, it suits his style perfectly. It looks really cool in real life.
post #49 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by oisin View Post
i'm sorry, but . classic RO, beautiful. This is a bit of a monstrosity.

It's 42mm hardly a monstrosity, smallest of the ROO line. But to each their own.
post #50 of 69


TW Steel "daily beater"
post #51 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Jet, I do have this ROO, the new Diver. I had the ROO Themes on SS, but sold it.

AP is big now, but nowhere near Panerais popularity level. Panerai has a larger catalog (not including womens AP pieces), lower price point on many pieces, and makes far more watches per year. That being said AP is getting bigger, I think for the better. They used to make 101 Limited Edition ROO's which I thought was kind of over kill, but they seem to be honing their vision lately, and even producing more and nicer dressier pieces such as the Milenary line.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...rl/photo-1.jpg

Still enormously popular and to be quite honest owning a pan for a long time has increased my sensitivity to bulky watches as they are a bit vulgar to me these days. It's kind of like a hummer for your wrist, I prefer smooth watches so I'm going to get my iwc when I stop being lazy.
post #52 of 69
Why is there not a SW&D watch thread? also I love these 2 probs will kop Also kind of want the steinhart ocean black but then I feel you may as well just get a fake Rolex.
post #53 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Still enormously popular and to be quite honest owning a pan for a long time has increased my sensitivity to bulky watches as they are a bit vulgar to me these days. It's kind of like a hummer for your wrist, I prefer smooth watches so I'm going to get my iwc when I stop being lazy.

I hear you. And IWC is a great call, they make amazing pieces, great price points, and are probably one of the best bangs for the buck when it comes to higher end watches. Which model were you thinking? Let me know if you want a hook up on an AD if you don't already have one.
post #54 of 69
^ i've traded in a few of my watches recently to justify a 7 day portuguese automatic... went with my girlfriend to try one on last week and she thought it looked too big on me
post #55 of 69


JLC
post #56 of 69
I really like the regular royal oak with a white face. i also like a few bremonts. i don't like the iconic rerelease watches so much. though it's easy to get suckered into them coz they're honestly really nice. but i prefer modern interpretations. hamilton/ omega are fine with me. iwc sure if i can afford them.
post #57 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68 View Post
^ i've traded in a few of my watches recently to justify a 7 day portuguese automatic... went with my girlfriend to try one on last week and she thought it looked too big on me

i think 7-8 day power reserve is a very useful comp. mine always wind down.
post #58 of 69
Let me see if I get this straight.

A few 20 and 30 something hipsters without any taste start telling people they don't need watches because they have cell phones and that means that watches are dead.

Then some of those same tasteless hipsters discover that watches are pretty cool after all and now it means that watches are back.

This is supposed to be important to my life...why?
post #59 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
I hear you. And IWC is a great call, they make amazing pieces, great price points, and are probably one of the best bangs for the buck when it comes to higher end watches. Which model were you thinking? Let me know if you want a hook up on an AD if you don’t already have one.

Will do thanks, port auto but no idea when I will actually cop. Haven't even gone to a watch shop in years, I keep telling myself I don't need one. I was thinking of buying from NY and having them ship.

In an ideal world I'd cop patek.
post #60 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

In an ideal world I'd cop patek.

THIS^^^^^^^^
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Watches are back, baby!